Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, I'm a lot more angry now.
I'm not sure if has been significant in my formative years of life, but I do feel inclined coming back here every so often if and when I take hiatus'.
Rascala Cat
Yes, actually. Me, too.

Adephi's Significant Otter

Of course it has. You don't spend near eight years in a place without getting affected.

Gaia has greatly improved my use and understanding of the english language.
When I was a wee newblet here I used to RP, and those six months of RPing taught me more new english words than all three years of high school english together.
Gaia has helped shape me due to the community. A lot of advice that I've been given about drawing has come from Gaia and I'm grateful for it.

Tipsy Lunatic

Gaia really helped me when I was in High School and desperately needed an outlet.
My dear departed Granny (who I love to pieces despite how I talk) was a bit.... constricting to live with. I was never really allowed to socialize with actual people. If it weren't for the internet I really think I might've committed suicide when I was 18.

Of course once I was finally not living with her anymore and therefore got the opportunity to actually go out into the world.... I was sort of stuck on Gaia. whoops.
Plus for a very long time whenever I had disposable income that my mom didn't regulate I spent just about all of it on Gaia. But that phase passed after a bit.

So.... Gaia has been helpful and then very detrimental in a lot of ways.
I think on the whole it's made me more creative though. Most of my stories stem from something I thought up while on Gaia in some way or another.

Shy Gaian

Well, I guess it impacted negatively.
When ever I get on the internet, the first thing I do is sign onto Gaia.
I think about Gaia all the time.
I spend money on Gaia.

But it's okay, because I love it here.
I'm sure it has impacted me somehow since I've been here since I was about 13/14 years old but I don't know how.

Angelic Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Gaia killed my interest in rping online..just... so many stupid people.... so many.... emotion_facepalm
Also I barely go anywhere on the intertubes that isn't gaia "reddit? what's that lol"

Shameless Gawker

Rascala Cat

Why?
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat

Why?

Just Gaia in general.
To be honest I don't know why I come here any more, it's really not good for my blood pressure lol

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
It has and in so many positive ways. Like you, I draw more because of Gaia. I needed a way to make gold back in 2003 so I started up my breedable pet shop. My art from 2003 compared to my art today embarrasses me so much. I improved thanks to drawing for my shop here.

Also, I made friends here that I've known for many years, most of which have become my gaming buddies and we do secret santas & card exchanges and it's become a constant reminder that there's others out there with similar geeky interests. It's really nice to have.

Shameless Gawker

Rascala Cat
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat

Why?

Just Gaia in general.
To be honest I don't know why I come here any more, it's really not good for my blood pressure lol

You mean the site itself and the way it's gone? Cause that I can totally get. I still love the items, but there's a reason I almost never give them real money anymore, after all I have in the past. gonk

Wild Bookworm

The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat

Why?

Just Gaia in general.

You mean the site itself and the way it's gone? Cause that I can totally get. I still love the items, but there's a reason I almost never give them real money anymore, after all I have in the past. gonk

Sounds like you've already paid your dues biggrin Nice to see you again, by the way. I love when people I remember appear again now and then.

Shameless Gawker

Antiq
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat

Why?

Just Gaia in general.

Sounds like you've already paid your dues biggrin Nice to see you again, by the way. I love when people I remember appear again now and then.

Lol, yes. And the little company that grew up too fast excuse doesn't work anymore.
xD I never really go away, I just have gone the old GCD reg way of hiding in our little guild caves, occasionally coming out to wave our canes at those young kids on our lawn. D< And creepily watch the going ons from my window. Oh god I had a neighbor just like that growing up, what have I become?

But is good to see you again too.

Wild Bookworm

The wandering mind...
Antiq
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat
The wandering mind...
Rascala Cat

Why?

Just Gaia in general.

Lol, yes. And the little company that grew up too fast excuse doesn't work anymore.
xD I never really go away, I just have gone the old GCD reg way of hiding in our little guild caves, occasionally coming out to wave our canes at those young kids on our lawn. D< And creepily watch the going ons from my window. Oh god I had a neighbor just like that growing up, what have I become?

But is good to see you again too.

I guess it depends on what you like about the site. The avatar system hasn't changed, thankfully, that's probably my biggest draw here. Also laughs from time to time. And curiosity, what are they going to do next?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff