Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fairy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

just wanted to wish gaia a happy 10th birthday...

from the way it started, this place has changed a lot. i was only 19 when i started coming on here and now i'm pretty close to my 30s. wanted to say thanks for the laughs, all the great artists i got to meet & the relationships i made (and broke).

growing up and being part of this place was an adventure, i've made some real good friends on here who i've had the pleasure to meet and still 'till this day keep in contact with. even though i'm not close or too happy w/ this website anymore, i'd like to say that i'm kinda grateful for that.

i did so much avi art my hands would hurt. gaia definitely did a huge impact, i improved w/ my drawing. spent so much of my art time here, creating and doing sketches for other people and although annoying at times, it always payed off. the art community has exploded compared to how it once was and it's awesome, there's so much variety now it's nuts. i used to spend my early days drooling on saka art and 'till this day i still enjoy looking at her work.

it was a pleasure meeting all the admins, especially Ling and L0cke, you guys are great.

how 'bout you guys? has this website done anything to/for you? your relationships? new users, oldbies, share some good memories. welcome to old.

very soon chax will be 10 as well.

edit: oh my g the old layout is taking me back i need a moment b/c this is 2much

Dapper Mage

Chax~

I don't think the "me" who joined almost 10 years ago would've believed that I'd still be on this site, that I would have made the friends that I did.

But I'm glad I did.

Fairy

Druki
Chax~

I don't think the "me" who joined almost 10 years ago would've believed that I'd still be on this site, that I would have made the friends that I did.

But I'm glad I did.

oh my g

my babbbby

it's so nuts it's already been 10 years. DID YOU SEE THE HOME PAGE LAYOUT? tears errwhere i can't

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I've spent a lot of time here drawing avatars that I'm sure it's helped improve my art as well, it's pretty much the biggest reason I've been sticking around so long. But more importantly I've met some pretty awesome people that I cherish, and had some pretty fun times...mostly nights because I don't sleep XD

Rogue

happy birthday gaia
please catch up with my age soon emotion_kirakira

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Happy Anniversary Gaia! I have been here for 9 of those 10!

Enkyubus's Wife

Melodious Conversationalist

This website has made me realize who my real IRL friends were. That is, the ones who were on the site the same time as me and ended up showing their true colors online first, then in the real world. Hope that wasn't too confusing. sweatdrop

I miss VO. I know he's off doing other projects with Udon and such [I even met him once and got him to sign my legit Gaia AFK! EEEEE!!!], but I misses him.

I miss the old Gaia shop, but after hearing about the issues they were having, that's understandable. Good thing I got two Kiki Kitties from them, but I missed out on the angel wings shirt. emo

This avatar will be 10 in August, damn how time flies O_O

Fairy

Skarlis
          This website has made me realize who my real IRL friends were. That is, the ones who were on the site the same time as me and ended up showing their true colors online first, then in the real world. Hope that wasn't too confusing. sweatdrop

I miss VO. I know he's off doing other projects with Udon and such [I even met him once and got him to sign my legit Gaia AFK! EEEEE!!!], but I misses him.

I miss the old Gaia shop, but after hearing about the issues they were having, that's understandable. Good thing I got two Kiki Kitties from them, but I missed out on the angel wings shirt. emo

This avatar will be 10 in August, damn how time flies O_O

that's nuts, chax turns 10 in august as well.

vo was kinda quiet when i met him, i liked that his signature was actually his avatar head hahah. i met him in 2003, first and last time. ling and l0cke i just kinda clicked with, same sense of humor and stuff. they totally get most of my weird work, esp. ling. they loved all of it, it was great sharing my work with them and seeing their reactions.

time does fly.

Fluffy Fatcat

14,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
Happy Anniversary Gaia!
Happy birthday gaia! 4laugh
Like you said, Gaia has made a big impact on my youth and the rest of my life. I was only 12 years young when I joined.

Met so many wonderful people, almost all of my old friends have vanished. But I want to thank everyone for these great memories.

heart

23,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bidding War 100

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
Druki
Chax~

But I'm glad I did.

I think a lot of us that joined years ago wouldn't think that they would be sticking to this site that long, but we're still here. It is an amazing achievement if you think about how Gaia started out way back and what it has grown into.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
/huffs the nostalgia in this thread like it's nailpolish remover

hnnnngh.

And I've had fun. Met friends (and more), found fans, forged relationships, grown up, delved into my art, facepalmed facepalms of a thousand facepalms, spun excitedly on my computer chair...

Probably par for the course.

queen ozmo's Husband

heart heart heart

miss you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items