Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kira the Angel
"Incredibly hard goal to reach"? It's an impossible goal to reach if you didn't join in 2003.

If I ever got a halo I would sell it for DJ's, and make someone really happy.
Actually, one of the best artists on gaia (in my view, and in many others) joined in mid-2004. She gets around 2-3mill per art auction, so it's completely possible for her to achieve a halo. 3nodding

Also, personally, if I got a halo, I would keep it.
Not because of it's worth or status, but because I can't find and good yellow head items to suit my avatar, other than the duckies. sweatdrop
Hmmm....
I don't dislike the tiem but now that I think about it...
What happens if you sell a donate item to the shop keepers?
DOes it disaper from gaia?
Maybe we should elimnate teh halos....
Blue-Fairy-Goddess1
Hmmm....
Yup, it destroys the item.

Imagine selling a halo to Ian by mistake for 1k. xd
kougramaster666
Blue-Fairy-Goddess1
Hmmm....

Hmmmm....I bet someone would pee there pants.
All that questing and then Ian buys it for 1k.
HA.
I love your hat.
G'night
Blue-Fairy-Goddess1
kougramaster666
Blue-Fairy-Goddess1
Hmmm....

Hmmmm....I bet someone would pee there pants.
All that questing and then Ian buys it for 1k.
HA.
I love your hat.
G'night
Lol, thanks, and sweet slumbers! xd

Familiar Friend

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
kougramaster666
Kira the Angel
"Incredibly hard goal to reach"? It's an impossible goal to reach if you didn't join in 2003.

Actually, one of the best artists on gaia (in my view, and in many others) joined in mid-2004. She gets around 2-3mill per art auction, so it's completely possible for her to achieve a halo. 3nodding

*would never ever spend that much gold on art from anyone* gonk

I don't think getting a halo would be impossible for somebody like myself down the road if I were willing to vend and exchange everyday like mad for the next two years, but I'm not a big enough fan of said item to bother. If I ever did get one I think I'd be uncomfortable by the attention it would get me. I can imagine all the PM's and friend requests I'd get just because of the ugly item on my head and I cringe at the thought of it all, so I think if I did have one I'd be happier trading it for loads of sashes and tails for my friends. I don't need that kind of burden. ^_^
Lull
kougramaster666
Kira the Angel

*would never ever spend that much gold on art from anyone* gonk

I don't think getting a halo would be impossible for somebody like myself down the road if I were willing to vend and exchange everyday like mad for the next two years, but I'm not a big enough fan of said item to bother. If I ever did get one I think I'd be uncomfortable by the attention it would get me. I can imagine all the PM's and friend requests I'd get just because of the ugly item on my head and I cringe at the thought of it all, so I think if I did have one I'd be happier trading it for loads of sashes and tails for my friends. I don't need that kind of burden. ^_^
While I believe her art really does deserve that much for it, I agree with you otherwise. While I personally think it would suit my avatar, my inbox is crowded enough with all the PMs about my guitar..... gonk xd
I don't like those halos...they're hard to match, and they aren't very noticeable or good-looking. It's nearly impossible to get too. =P

But if I had it, I'd sell it for sure. xp
kougramaster666
Kira the Angel

Also, personally, if I got a halo, I would keep it.
Not because of it's worth or status, but because I can't find and good yellow head items to suit my avatar, other than the duckies. sweatdrop

Whoa. 2-3 million gold per art auction?! That figure simply blows my mind.

And I'm making beggar's gold in my mini-shop. sweatdrop

Anyway, I think everyone strives (as many other people have said) for a Halo simply for its status symbol. The stereotype which goes with a Halo is that the user wearing it is usually wise, smart and popular.

I've seen many Halo-ers post like maddened idiots before, though. That's probably why I don't quest for the absolutely absurd donation items.
The Halo as an item may not match the best, but it an item of symbolism, it shows that the user has been around a hell of a time or has worked hard to get one

The only people with them are good users or mods, so it represent more than it shows
I hate Gaia Geeks stare
killerkid445
Have you ever noice these days that the Halo is nothing but just a head item. I mean it is pretty cool but when you think about it, it is worthless because it is so expencive that it is priceless and no one is going to buy the item at it's normal price but maybe for 2million or something higher. I rest my case that the Halo is a item that will not exist by next year, even if the Halo is a power and wisedom, it is an extremly hard goal to reach.
Wrong. Recently, there was a Halo auction in the exchange. I believe there were six bidders. The highest was offering something like one bear hat, both headphones, six Oct. 03's OMG, AFK, tons of pure, and so on. The girl really was going to sell the halo. I didn't stick around to see who finally had the highest bid. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff