Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you feel the most towards this situation?

******** disappointed. This event was a slap in the face. The increased prices are ridiculous. 0.47655068078669 47.7% [ 315 ]
Disappointed. This event was a sneaky way to increase H&R store prices! 0.267776096823 26.8% [ 177 ]
Fine. It's not that bad, guys. Most important, gold needs to be sunk. 0.15582450832073 15.6% [ 103 ]
Doesn't matter. It doesn't affect me. 0.063540090771558 6.4% [ 42 ]
*RAGEQUIT* 0.036308623298033 3.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 661 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 >

Woo Mee's Fav

Sexy Pickle

29,975 Points
  • Pickle Paradise 500
  • Melonsta X 500
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
Ginger_Puppy
And so the madness continues... Has gaia learned nothing??? gonk blah scream
Golden Lucky Spin Gold Gen

OMFG...Seriously??? MORE gold gens...blah...

I actually lost money with that. I know some people are getting profits, but gaining a profit is becoming far and few between now since I think Gaia has adjusted the win ratio.

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
so... any news on why they didn't make as many items as they said they would?

Magical Cat

Haha, they're adjusting for the amount if gold people have now because of the gold gens.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Scobre
The worst part which I expected are bad side effects and suggestions like this in SF now: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/raise-prices-of-all-shops-please/t.94320589/
Popcorn worthy thread, but sadly a suggestions I'd absolutely hate and I wouldn't doubt Gaia would do. At this rate, I won't be able to afford to donate to newbies anymore, which I love to still be able to do with gold shops. crying

I'd rather see them decrease the amount they added for this shop and split the price increase overall on all the shops -- not increase all the shops up to par with the current prices of this one thought gonk

Which would have made it way much more logical.

Edit: Let's say they did a 50% increase. There's something like 20 shops? So the increase would go down to 2.5% on each store. Overall, the increase would still be the same, but the items would be more varied and the cost of each item would be way less. It would still act as a gold sink, and it would still leave a nice power of buying items to everyone.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
lilloulou
Scobre
The worst part which I expected are bad side effects and suggestions like this in SF now: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/raise-prices-of-all-shops-please/t.94320589/
Popcorn worthy thread, but sadly a suggestions I'd absolutely hate and I wouldn't doubt Gaia would do. At this rate, I won't be able to afford to donate to newbies anymore, which I love to still be able to do with gold shops. crying

I'd rather see them decrease the amount they added for this shop and split the price increase overall on all the shops -- not increase all the shops up to par with the current prices of this one thought gonk

Edit: Let's say they did a 50% increase. There's something like 20 shops? So the increase would go down to 2.5% on each store. Overall, the increase would still be the same, but the items would be more varied and the cost of each item would be way less. It would still act as a gold sink, and it would still leave a nice power of buying items to everyone.

I just don't like having existing items get the increase. If Gaia wants to sell new items for a little higher price I wouldn't mind. But I think if Gaia wants to keep high end gold shop items, it should be released in Dernier Cri. As mentioned before, new users shouldn't be punished for the AIing and gold generator issues Gaia has done. Gold shops should remain as a whole free for every type of user no matter what their activity of the site is. But two shops that don't seems to be an issue with high prices are Dernier Cri and Loyal's Bazaar. H&R Wesley was just a harsh way to use a kickstarter to raise the prices. It's an ok shop, but I wouldn't consider it high end at all. I don't like Ivan as an NPC anymore and I used to like his character. It's a shame when something as simple as pixelated gold can turn you off some of Gaia's NPCs.

Shameless Shapeshifter

I was a bit disappointed with the prices being raised, mainly because the quality of the older items isn't as good.

What I think would have been a better idea is if all of the older items in H&R had gotten a revamp and then been price adjusted accordingly. The pre-revamp items could have then been made available in one of the other shops, like Junk in the Trunk, or stayed in H&R at their original prices.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Scobre
lilloulou
Scobre

I just don't like having existing items get the increase. If Gaia wants to sell new items for a little higher price I wouldn't mind. But I think if Gaia wants to keep high end gold shop items, it should be released in Dernier Cri. As mentioned before, new users shouldn't be punished for the AIing and gold generator issues Gaia has done. Gold shops should remain as a whole free for every type of user no matter what their activity of the site is. But two shops that don't seems to be an issue with high prices are Dernier Cri and Loyal's Bazaar. H&R Wesley was just a harsh way to use a kickstarter to raise the prices. It's an ok shop, but I wouldn't consider it high end at all. I don't like Ivan as an NPC anymore and I used to like his character. It's a shame when something as simple as pixelated gold can turn you off some of Gaia's NPCs.

I don't like it either. But if they really don't want to not increase the prices, it's the way I would have prefered it to be done. Having only new items get the increase would have make more sense too thought; and recent store updates did reflect that. The fact recent updates were higher than the usual is probably one of the thing which make that really high increase weird -- especially since most of the items they increased are priced higher than the new stuff and looks pretty horrible next to them (not that I want to see the new stuff listed even more higher than they already are).

About H&R Wesley "high end" items.... I think it have to do with the fact it's mostly "chich" and "business" outfits; those tends to be rather pricey IRL; thought it's still possible to find some pretty affordable too. So yeah... I don't really get it. They probably just decided to go with it mainly because it was Louie rofl

That said, I really hope they will go back on what they did and decrease those prices -- even if I doubt they would. Because I really fear it's only a matter of time before everything gets increased stare

Benevolent Pup

13,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tipsy 100
[.Crack.]

I actually lost money with that. I know some people are getting profits, but gaining a profit is becoming far and few between now since I think Gaia has adjusted the win ratio.
Awww...sorry you lost money.
These gold gens only make inflation worse though imho.

Shameless Capitalist

25,790 Points
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • ReAnimated 50
Momma Molly
the bystander effect
"Based on what I got today from the daily chance*, I'll assume most users get around 6.6mil daily."
* Got the usual---a charm, some gold, and several junk items: 1 star charm (averaging around 6.5m), oak bar chair, 40k, 3x fish bait, 33k, 20k, and 5k.

OMG... I never get 6.6mil daily! I'm lucky to get 50k - 150k daily TOTAL...
I mostly get 'junk' items or caches, so I'm not sure how you're getting 6.6mil daily, but I'm sure that is NOT the norm... You must just be extremely lucky! wink Enjoy it while it lasts! 3nodding

I've been on Gaia for quite awhile now, & really didn't care too much about the inflation, but NOW that gaia is messing with the gold shops (where I spent the majority of my $), I'm just annoyed...

Seriously, it has take me me months to even reach 50 million, trying my hand at selling stuff on the MP, just trying to quest cash shop items that I'd like to have... Thanks mostly to my generous friends who've given me items, from their wardrobes, so I could have some dream items (like aye aye lassie hair I'm wearing now).

It's only in the millions because of the gofusion charm. Those sell well in the MP, and like everything else, sell even better in bulk. If not for that, yesterday's dailies would just be a 98k value, which is around what you get.

Do you log in everyday? According to the DC, logging in at least 6 of 7 days increases the chances for better stuff. If you do that, you'll probably reach 50mil in a few days if you sell the charms you get. Other than that, I don't know what else. Perhaps make/sell alchemy components from all the cache given by the Dumpster Dive.

If you check out the threads below, their DC gives around 10-50m :
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/are-the-dcs-worth-it-part-2-two-years-later/t.94313417/
and here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/raise-prices-of-all-shops-please/t.94320589/

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
lilloulou
Scobre
lilloulou
Scobre

I don't like it either. But if they really don't want to not increase the prices, it's the way I would have prefered it to be done. Having only new items get the increase would have make more sense too thought; and recent store updates did reflect that. The fact recent updates were higher than the usual is probably one of the thing which make that really high increase weird -- especially since most of the items they increased are priced higher than the new stuff and looks pretty horrible next to them (not that I want to see the new stuff listed even more higher than they already are).

About H&R Wesley "high end" items.... I think it have to do with the fact it's mostly "chich" and "business" outfits; those tends to be rather pricey IRL; thought it's still possible to find some pretty affordable too. So yeah... I don't really get it. They probably just decided to go with it mainly because it was Louie rofl

That said, I really hope they will go back on what they did and decrease those prices -- even if I doubt they would. Because I really fear it's only a matter of time before everything gets increased stare

Yeah I just don't understand it. I mean being able to afford complete outfits for the Welcome to Gaia new Gaians was one of my joys of the site. I just much rather be able to buy multiples in the gold shop at once rather than have the existing prices increase. It would still take out a good chunk of gold and make it easier to donate more to the new Gaians. I know alchemy would love to buy multiple recipes at once as well. Depends where you shop for the business outfits. Like I can find some affordable business clothes at Burlington Coat Factory for my interviews. But then again Gaiaonline is not a clothing store as much as new management wants to treat it that way. There is so much more to do than just Barbie doll dress up. I just don't want to see new Gaians picked on and trolled simply because they can't even afford gold shops anymore.

3,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conversationalist 100
Beast Henshin
Jorougumo
That they increased the store's prices is not surprising, I've been expecting it ever since I found out about the massive inflation a month ago. Furthermore, H.R. Wesley is supposed to be a high-end gentleman's shop, so higher prices are justified.

BUT.

The sneaky method they used is not terribly fair. They first asked for money, threatening to close the store, then they raised the prices. An announcement of some sort would have been fair. But then again, that would have defeated the purpose, since everyone would just buy all they wanted from the stores before the price hike, like everyone did before the consumption tax hike in Japan.

It also feels a bit lopsided that Dernier Cri still is un-updated and has unadjusted prices. I suppose that the other stores are following suit soon though.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Save our Brennivin would be next. Since It's supposed to be what Rococo was to the gold shops. (in a sense, I guess? I dunno I feel like i'm just saying things now ._. )

I'd welcome an update though.

And he got a small update... He now has gold gens! crying

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
the bystander effect
Momma Molly
the bystander effect
"Based on what I got today from the daily chance*, I'll assume most users get around 6.6mil daily."
* Got the usual---a charm, some gold, and several junk items: 1 star charm (averaging around 6.5m), oak bar chair, 40k, 3x fish bait, 33k, 20k, and 5k.

OMG... I never get 6.6mil daily! I'm lucky to get 50k - 150k daily TOTAL...
I mostly get 'junk' items or caches, so I'm not sure how you're getting 6.6mil daily, but I'm sure that is NOT the norm... You must just be extremely lucky! wink Enjoy it while it lasts! 3nodding

I've been on Gaia for quite awhile now, & really didn't care too much about the inflation, but NOW that gaia is messing with the gold shops (where I spent the majority of my $), I'm just annoyed...

Seriously, it has take me me months to even reach 50 million, trying my hand at selling stuff on the MP, just trying to quest cash shop items that I'd like to have... Thanks mostly to my generous friends who've given me items, from their wardrobes, so I could have some dream items (like aye aye lassie hair I'm wearing now).

It's only in the millions because of the gofusion charm. Those sell well in the MP, and like everything else, sell even better in bulk. If not for that, yesterday's dailies would just be a 98k value, which is around what you get.

Do you log in everyday? According to the DC, logging in at least 6 of 7 days increases the chances for better stuff. If you do that, you'll probably reach 50mil in a few days if you sell the charms you get. Other than that, I don't know what else. Perhaps make/sell alchemy components from all the cache given by the Dumpster Dive.

If you check out the threads below, their DC gives around 10-50m :
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/are-the-dcs-worth-it-part-2-two-years-later/t.94313417/
and here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/raise-prices-of-all-shops-please/t.94320589/

That's the thing. There is a huge difference between what existing users who log on every day can do and new users that are just figure out the site or users not as active with the site. Gold payouts of everything would have to be increased for the gold shop increase to make sense. That would include increase gold earned from posting, tipping, mini games, zOMG!, possibly booty grab again, and everyday activities that every Gaian might dabble in. I hang in the Welcome to Gaia forum a lot and just from talking to users there, they are barely figuring out how to post or have to even dress up. Honestly if prices keep going up, Gaiaonline should just go to pay to play subscription fee only at the rate the site is headed. That way Gaians who like purchasing cash shop and gold generators can remain who the attitude I've seen given to users they call "freeloaders" who are unhappy about affording anything and should "get up and leave the site." It's sad the site is becoming so unwelcoming to even new users now.

Lover

Ginger_Puppy
And so the madness continues... Has gaia learned nothing??? gonk blah scream
Golden Lucky Spin Gold Gen

OMFG...Seriously??? MORE gold gens...blah...

God dammit. Seriously. God dammit, Gaia.

Plus side, at least it's in a gold shop. Spend gold to make gold. And possibly sink more in the process? Let's hope.

Woo Mee's Fav

Sexy Pickle

29,975 Points
  • Pickle Paradise 500
  • Melonsta X 500
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
Ginger_Puppy
Awww...sorry you lost money.
These gold gens only make inflation worse though imho.

I totally agree that they are only going to make inflation worse. I bought one just to see if the reports that people were raking in billions were exaggerated. Now, with the win ratio being fixed, I think most are getting only a few million profit instead of the billions that I read about.

Lover

Murder Is Kawaii
so... any news on why they didn't make as many items as they said they would?

No staff feedback on it in this thread. :s But there might be some response in an SF thread or the GCD thread about the SOL event itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff