Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you feel the most towards this situation?

******** disappointed. This event was a slap in the face. The increased prices are ridiculous. 0.47655068078669 47.7% [ 315 ]
Disappointed. This event was a sneaky way to increase H&R store prices! 0.267776096823 26.8% [ 177 ]
Fine. It's not that bad, guys. Most important, gold needs to be sunk. 0.15582450832073 15.6% [ 103 ]
Doesn't matter. It doesn't affect me. 0.063540090771558 6.4% [ 42 ]
*RAGEQUIT* 0.036308623298033 3.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 661 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 ... 39 40 41 >

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Kaho_Mizuki
Really disappointed in this update. The items are ugly and price increase is just bloody ridiculous. I feel like I should go and try buying out the rest of the shops before this nonsense spreads.

I'm in the process of doing that now. It's very tedious but my gold just kind of sits around and I don't really do anything with it so there's no reason not to.

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
Chalk up another person that hated the kickstart idea from start to finish. Poor storyline, poor execution, poor finish, and a p.s. smack of a price hike ("oops, I still have taxes and had to raise prices). I still maintain this is in some way a higher-up thumbing their nose at a vocal userbase that criticized recent changes to Gaia overall.

You know, I could have appreciated a kickstart had it been constructed as a real event. Louie slacked on taxes? Nah, it's an evil doppleganger! Let's bring back Edmund and follow he and Louie's adventures as Edmund kicks dopple-Louie's behind from Durem to Gambino and back. We can hunt down bootprints like so many deitrichs, turn them in for cool event shoes, and go back to an Edmund-run H&R with original old items at old prices and new, more complex items at higher ones. Now that's a KICKstart. wink

Wild Bookworm

Kinda clever. They up the prices in one shop and panic everyone into buying up the other shops xd
Anyway, yeah, the items are mostly shite, except for a few of those really nice argyle sweaters. The textures of the others are way not clear enough, which is a pity. The shoes are awful.
How do I feel about the price rise itself...kinda meh. That kind of gold is easy to come buy in one sweep of DC or a few bugs or fish. The only thing that bothers me about it is that the gold sinkiness of it will be entirely ineffective if they continue to release GGs, and for that reason, possibly raising prices of gold items across the board...what's the point?
I didn't do this kickstarter, couldn't be bothered.

In a relationship with Sappho herself

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
not feelin' this gaia.

mainly because i'm greedy and was about to buy the serafuku sets, but encountered the h.r. closing.

and now i'm spending astronomically more than what i planned to to get it all. :c

ugh. whatever. i'll find another way to make back the gold i'll be spending.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
This one ******** stupid update/gold sink. At least previous gold sinks didn't real'y affect me. This one affects anyone who buys items from HRW. I have no doubt they will go down the line and do these with several other shops also. Users need to stop feeding into this foolishness.... stressed

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I am surprised at the amount of ungratefulness in this thread. The update isn't THAT bad you guys! I like some of the items and the price hike isn't terrible. I only wished they made the Gentleman's berets for humans in black and in red. Maybe white? But for just animals, it was a little lacking. But I am certainly not ungrateful for the small update. It's an update to one of my favorite shops. We could have...you know... not gotten a thing.

We have to remember that gold shops aren't bringing in $$ so the updates will be slim but we got one at all regardless of how it was implemented.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Didn't like the new items or the price hike. I was hoping for some beanie hats, but haha, nope.

And the new prices are f*cking stupid.
Who thought that raising them so high would be a good idea?

I mean, come on.
The new prices may seem reasonable to a few, but what about those who are barely getting by? What about new users, hm?

You know what? Screw it.
Let's just fudge up the prices in ALL the gold shops.

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Thank goodness for selling inks, because I just finished buying back some of the old H&R Wesley items I couldn't get before this mess of a kickstarter, and it really adds up. There are only a few ways for me to earn gold these days, so screwing with all the old item prices is just a big no-no on my end. Just updating the shops with new higher priced items from here on out would have been fine.

And while I liked some of the new gold shop items, the overall update and the item quality could have been better. Considering the bullshit that's happened, I don't think that's asking for too much.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
I don't know how it happened, but the tab icon for this thread in my browser has become ... odd. Compared to the other Gaia tab I have open, this thread has a blue box with what looks like a peen in it. O.o

I was about to share it, but if it looks like a peen to me, I don't want to get nicked for posting naughty pics.

Arlos Kennard's Sweetheart

Firebreathing Brawler

x Karurie x
Didn't like the new items or the price hike. I was hoping for some beanie hats, but haha, nope.

And the new prices are f*cking stupid.
Who thought that raising them so high would be a good idea?

I mean, come on.
The new prices may seem reasonable to a few, but what about those who are barely getting by? What about new users, hm?

You know what? Screw it.
Let's just fudge up the prices in ALL the gold shops.

Meanwhile at Gaia HQ...

BRILLIANT! I LIKE IT! I know our users with money-- I mean, our ENTIRE community will love it!

Demonic Punk

The new prices are not reasonable, but then again the economy only got to shitter because Gaia doesn't take the action of stopping gold generators and just do charm/item generators.

High-functioning Lunatic

22,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
This has inspired me to finally get around to buying all the items in the other gold shops, before they pull this s**t again with them. lol

True, they're trying to create more of a goldsink and keep prices in line with inflation, but when you're paying 90k for a hair ribbon, it only highlights the absurdity of the whole situation even further. emotion_facepalm

Hunter

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I don't feel anything towards Gaia except boredom and "Well played.". Gaia's done just as expected. They're completely routine. I am laughing at all the overzealous gold sink supporters who are pissed at this update though. You guys asked for these kickstarters. You guys asked for higher GS prices. You didn't ask for kickstarters that made sense. You didn't ask for higher GS prices on only new items. Ya'll have been on Gaia long enough to know better than to ask for something without being specific about it because otherwise Gaia will screw it around to their favor.

And to all those who think the DC or Gaia's few features that give out high enough payouts will help poor or newbie users get these now overpriced low quality items, you're kidding yourselves. DC covering the costs falls flat when you consider that someone may use GoFusion charms for what they're meant for. It's like ya'll forgot Gofusion exists lol. Fishing, towns etc takes time, and when you're looking at the situation of "Do I buy that gold shop item or that CS item from an MP where new items from the CS are released as quickly as rounds fired from a machine gun and prices can jump up just as quickly"...just saying. Also, any feature related to Alchemy will eventually start to take a hit in earnings the longer zOMG is down for maintenance, and Gaia's only known for pushing out CS updates quickly. Other ways of making gold take skill, and don't reply to me that they can vend or draw art either. Vending/drawing takes skill and time and isn't a feature on top of that.

In the end, the only thing Gaia's done is made gold gens look a lot more appealing, especially to real life currency rich but gold poor users and newbies. Anyone who put anything into this sink made a terrible mistake and fell right into Gaia's plan. In the same manner users told Gaia "Keep supporting the manga. We like it." by throwing gold into that other sink, you told them everything in this situation is ok, even though a good chunk of those people realized this entire event was nonsense, what they called a "Hostage situation" before throwing gold into it anyway. Gaia clearly won this round and though I am amused, I kind of don't want to see Gaians try again in this "war against inflation" after seeing this ridiculously terrible ******** up. I don't want to know if ya'll can screw up any worse, lol. Fun, sad times.

Addium's Significant Otter

Submerged Terrestrial

40,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
So much for cutting down on inventory clutter. This is BS. Gonna go buy what I've got on my wishlist from the other shops before they do the same, which is what everyone else will be doing...which means less means of anon gifting this Halloween. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff