Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Cat

Meromictic
Ridley Starsmore
This thread? AGAIN?!

Even AFTER the sticky?

-headdesks-

Seriously, if these threads were not there, this forum would be dead.

I could make another thread if you wanted. o3o

But my topics are usually pretty well hated.

I dont think it's just yours.
Any sort of reflection thread where the GCD has to think about their own ways/shitty behaviors tends to be disliked.
If you call people out on being pussies, its report-city.
If you call people out for loving the "in'n'out" threads, it's "omg thatsjust how the GCD is!"
If you try to make discussion its "Well, sisky said its okay that we're all thoughtless sheep"

Mysterious Trickster

Hi-Potion
Kain-Senpai
Guides really don't belong int he GCD. There is a subforum dedicated to all sorts of guides. However, if they really were put into the GGR, they would be ignored because users come here first for all their guide needs.

The guides are informative, but don't belong in the GCD. I'm a little tired of seeing them, to be honest.

Lapine Lequesne
Guides aren't allowed here, yo.
Report that s**t 5000 times and await your PM from Darius telling you to knock that s**t off

Except they are allowed here?
Ive talked to the gaia staff in person and their /exact/ words were "We allow threads in the GCD that we want in the GCD". After years, youd think theyd move them. They didnt. They allow them here, so theyre allowed here. /thread

P.S.: they inspire discussion. So, like manga mashups, theyre allowed based on that one detail.

::shrugs:: Until I'm told otherwise, I'll think otherwise.
Care to share the Staff person you spoke with?

Tiny Shapeshifter

So long the thread has discussion potential and is Gaia related, it will be ok to have it in GCD. In Gaia staff's opinion, talking about Gaia staff, Gaia items, Gaia users, etc, still counts since they fall under "what's happening in Gaia".

If the thread is just there, lacking a discussion (which explains the sticky about CI lists), then it doesn't belong in GCD at all. It belongs in the GGR. There can be an exception if a discussion were actually produced, to the point that the OP of the thread doesn't matter as much (but still requires to be within topic in some way).

Tricky Cat

Kain-Senpai
Hi-Potion
Kain-Senpai
Guides really don't belong int he GCD. There is a subforum dedicated to all sorts of guides. However, if they really were put into the GGR, they would be ignored because users come here first for all their guide needs.

The guides are informative, but don't belong in the GCD. I'm a little tired of seeing them, to be honest.

Lapine Lequesne
Report that s**t 5000 times and await your PM from Darius telling you to knock that s**t off

Ive talked to the gaia staff in person and their /exact/ words were "We allow threads in the GCD that we want in the GCD". After years, youd think theyd move them. They didnt. They allow them here, so theyre allowed here. /thread

P.S.: they inspire discussion. So, like manga mashups, theyre allowed based on that one detail.

Let alone, the actual quote.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Guides don't belong in here however item lists for Rigs/ REI's etc are allowed as its less a guide and more of a current events thing.

I don't understand why would anyone get tired of them either they're the most useful things to have and benefit everybody.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Kain-Senpai
Hi-Potion
Kain-Senpai

Lapine Lequesne

Sisky said those exact words, but the entire staff agreed, they said it because I asked about Guides, Mashups, and other threads with low-content when I visited HQ.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

King Blackwater
Guides don't belong in here however item lists for Rigs/ REI's etc are allowed as its less a guide and more of a current events thing.

I don't understand why would anyone get tired of them either they're the most useful things to have and benefit everybody.

It's mostly the guides I have an issue with.I see them in the event forum and then turn around and guess what, they're here in the GCD as well. I don't mind the RIGS/REIs lists since I do check them often.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Ridley Starsmore
This thread? AGAIN?!

Even AFTER the sticky?

-headdesks-

Yes, even after the sticky. I'm tired of seeing guides to the current in the GCD without discussion and just a how to list, and even after reporting it, it's still there. I don't mind RIG lists or REI fan threads since some discussion can be found there.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Slick Southpaw
My sentiments regarding placement of lists/guides can be adequately expressed here.

I don't care what the updated sticky says, I still don't think they belong, but I can't be arsed to care that much anymore. Admin made it clear (and a new sticky to boot) why they feel those types of lists belong there despite rehashing an old point that still technically breaks forum rules.

I love the guides and find them quite useful, I just kinda wish they were in the right place. But oh well.

Yeah, I read your thread and followed it for a long time. I still think it's bull that guides are allowed here, I can let them IF they have some discussion points, but most of the time, they do not. It's just cut and dry and how to. It's no use in fighting it I suppose, but I felt like rehashing the topic.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lapsis Stella
King Blackwater

It's mostly the guides I have an issue with.I see them in the event forum and then turn around and guess what, they're here in the GCD as well. I don't mind the RIGS/REIs lists since I do check them often.

Personally they need to be here, think about it the event forum become huge mess's thousands of posts within minutes.

GCD is pretty much Gaia's front page forum all the most relevant info should sit in the main area this is where people come to get the main info on events, Rei's and Rig's.

I can understand folks annoyances but its necessary I work it web design managing/IT and the one thing I've learnt is everything needs to be obvious it's great to want things to be controlled and logical but simple is always better.

The only way to eliminate it would be to make sure a guide thread in said event was to be turned into a sticky to make sure it would be kept right at the top....but thats up to Gaia staff not the users.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

King Blackwater
Lapsis Stella
King Blackwater

Personally they need to be here, think about it the event forum become huge mess's thousands of posts within minutes.

GCD is pretty much Gaia's front page forum all the most relevant info should sit in the main area this is where people come to get the main info on events, Rei's and Rig's.

I can understand folks annoyances but its necessary I work it web design managing/IT and the one thing I've learnt is everything needs to be obvious it's great to want things to be controlled and logical but simple is always better.

The only way to eliminate it would be to make sure a guide thread in said event was to be turned into a sticky to make sure it would be kept right at the top....but thats up to Gaia staff not the users.

It would be nice if they had some discussion points, but some of the ones I've seen have not offered such. But the event forums always have a nicer guide in their forum than we do here in the GCD. It gets on my nerves so much to see a thread in the event forum that offers up a nice, lovely discussion while the one here is just bland and wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Yen Quest
So long the thread has discussion potential and is Gaia related, it will be ok to have it in GCD. In Gaia staff's opinion, talking about Gaia staff, Gaia items, Gaia users, etc, still counts since they fall under "what's happening in Gaia".

If the thread is just there, lacking a discussion (which explains the sticky about CI lists), then it doesn't belong in GCD at all. It belongs in the GGR. There can be an exception if a discussion were actually produced, to the point that the OP of the thread doesn't matter as much (but still requires to be within topic in some way).

It'd be nice if they had discussion potential. I wouldn't mind it as much to be honest. But with this whole "here are the items and how to get them" or "this is what you do for this event", it gets annoying, yanno? There's a lot of things to discuss about an event or even the items and how to get them, people just don't put effort.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lapine Lequesne
Meromictic
Ridley Starsmore
This thread? AGAIN?!

Even AFTER the sticky?

-headdesks-

I could make another thread if you wanted. o3o

But my topics are usually pretty well hated.

I dont think it's just yours.
Any sort of reflection thread where the GCD has to think about their own ways/shitty behaviors tends to be disliked.
If you call people out on being pussies, its report-city.
If you call people out for loving the "in'n'out" threads, it's "omg thatsjust how the GCD is!"
If you try to make discussion its "Well, sisky said its okay that we're all thoughtless sheep"

Yeah. But it creates discussion and sometimes it will cause others to be inspired to make their own thread about something similar or w/e. I remember that used to happen when people were actually talking back and forth instead of just post/go.

I would love to see more quoting and communication in the GCD without the pointing fingers and name calling but that won't happen unless those willing to post someone else actually does it. XD

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
I like the guides, and as long as they're helpful and remain ont opic I don't see a problem with them.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lapsis Stella

But thats the thing, if i'm looking for info on an events I would be looking for just straight info not a discussion.

But I disagree there you do get folks discussing it, I guess it can't be helped.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff