VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the

guides
Not Allowed

and item lists
and RIG threads,
Alllowed
Except guides tend to be RIG threads?

You should really try reading the rules thread posted by sisky.
More informations also in Slick's post, that link has the quote.
Threads that are meant to describe how to play an event, game or Random Item Generator belong in the Gaia Guides & Resources

Ouef's thread was exactly that (and moved, thanks Meeki!)

Beloved Bunny

13,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
User Image
I don't think we NEED anything,
But there are some people on gaia that may not understand thinks as quickly as others,
Especially since this is an international website.
I think they are good to have, and I see no problem with them.

Loyal Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
Personally, I don't think lists belong here either, but that is a battle I've already lost.

Shaggy Streaker

Yeata Zi
Personally, I don't think lists belong here either, but that is a battle I've already lost.
pretty much this

Sweet Glitch

Well...old people like us won't need it...But definitely there is always new people, people that is clueless by nature and those that comes and goes and try to understand the constant changing.

If is true there is a Q&A, regular people from that forum, takes the info from guides to be more efficient in helping others, you know you can't be a geek at all.
And some do not like to make questions, therefore they come to GCD to know as lurkers, because obviously GCD is known as a very welcoming and till some point mature forum and this kind of list, random guides have become part of the characteristic of it and a new way to discuss something, since there is a lack of calling changes in the site and people thinking about a new topics about "GAIA" .

Now, the fact of misplaced thread shouldn't be a matter of annoyance, that's why there is a report bottom, but do guess that the user might wanted to be noticeable, maybe helpful which is appreciated, just as those mentioned above and that latter are removed to GGR.

Loyal Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
Slick Southpaw
Yeata Zi
pretty much this
the new sticky was bullshit and pretty much a direct response to your thread.

Doting Humorist

✦ idc does it rly bother u guys that much lol

Kawaii Nerd

Lapine Lequesne
Hi-Potion
Lapine Lequesne
VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the

guides
Not Allowed

and item lists
and RIG threads,
Alllowed
Except guides tend to be RIG threads?

You should really try reading the rules thread posted by sisky.
More informations also in Slick's post, that link has the quote.
Threads that are meant to describe how to play an event, game or Random Item Generator belong in the Gaia Guides & Resources

Ouef's thread was exactly that (and moved, thanks Meeki!)
Except Sisky herself, in person, said that if they wanted a thread in the GCD, its in the GCD and wont be moved. And, after 3+ years of those threads, youd think they woulda moved them by now. They want them here, thats that.

Dedicated Dabbler

12,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

I think guides are perfectly fine. The rules of an event game aren't always clear at first, and event forums are usually overrun by free art threads, spam, or those devoted to playing the game itself. It's nice to find the guide somewhere not as crowded. The GCD does not get enough traffic for us to get super choosey about what appears in this forum.

I ran the guide for the Thanksgiving event, and there was discussion. How to play the game, how fun it was or wasn't, bragging rights. I don't think discussions have to super deep on here. If that was a qualification I don't think many threads could legitimately be on here.

Loyal Hero

24,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
This thread? AGAIN?!

Even AFTER the sticky?

-headdesks-

Seriously, if these threads were not there, this forum would be dead.

Winged Senshi

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ridley Starsmore
This thread? AGAIN?!

Even AFTER the sticky?

-headdesks-

I could make another thread if you wanted. o3o

But my topics are usually pretty well hated.

Loyal Hero

24,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Meromictic
Ridley Starsmore
This thread? AGAIN?!

Even AFTER the sticky?

-headdesks-

I could make another thread if you wanted. o3o

But my topics are usually pretty well hated.
Here is my issue.

If you want them moved, report them. And leave it at that, I'd say.

Is the place for them in guides? Yes, but they also go here, because they generate discussion on a current Gaia event, and what the community is doing in it.

Otherwise, just kvetching about them solves nothing, and we now have rules in place (Made by staff, that are allowed to change rules as the need arises) protecting those threads.

If folks want a different kind of thread, they need to be making them, like you do. Not complaining that others are trying to keep the forum active.

Magnetic Lunatic

I like the guides. Some of them are for things more obvious than others, sure, but I don't know, maybe some people need that.

We do have a lot of weird events that can need explanation. And I like knowing what items come out of what. I'm going to get them regardless, but I liiiike knowing.

Gaian

I always look here for event guides and if I don't see them in the GCD I assume there aren't any rofl

Magical Cat

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
I come here for the guides, and they don't really bother me if they are here. If we had guides from four months and forward hanging around, yeah, but usually threads related to a particular RIG/Guide all fall off the first page after 3 weeks, and most don't make it back. Maybe they have been moved and that's why I don't see them anymore, but I don't ever see three or four months worth of RIG/Guide related stuff continually all over the front page. If we had more to talk about people wouldn't b***h over the lists I don't think since there would be more subject matter taking up the front page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games