Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

I feel the same, but like every other user, I'm so use to coming here when the latest update happens and not going to the Guides and Resource subforum. :/

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the guides and item lists and RIG threads, there wouldn't be much left in the GCD.

Plot updates, yea every once in a blue moon.

Otherwise it's pretty much nothing but rehashes of the same topic over and over again.

It's true that guides go into that one subforum...but does anyone actually go there? I mean most "guides" usually end up in their respected home forms. Like zOMG and alchemy guides for example.

I see your point, really I do, but I just think it's raising a whole lot of fuss over something, that by in large is more useful and helpful as it is.

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's new desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.

And that's the problem, there's nothing left to take the spot. I miss seeing actual discussion here in the GCD about Gaia. Most of what I see is the following:

"I love this item." "I hate this item." "I'm going to wait until it evolves more before I buy it."

There no discussion going on at all within the thread, it's mainly people just stating a once sentence opinion and that's it. Sure there are a few who give a few more in depth analysis, but that's it.

What's there to discuss though? Really, I mean right now there's the Easter event but after that then what? The thing gaia does most it pop out new items, thus that's what gets talked about. Major updates are few and far between, as well as plot updates. You can only beat a dead horse so long you know? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting deeper discussions, but looking to get them here is kind of...silly to me. You're not going to get deep profound debates or ideas here all that often, especially given the rather...sparse material.

The GCD is a place to find out what's currently going on in Gaia, what's hot as it were. Well that's generally items, and the very rare plot update. So people don't usually get into very deep discussions here anymore. I just think that's the nature of the beast. People don't come here looking for that anymore, and trying to force people to revert back is well, rather foolish I think.

I want to know why they don't like the item, silly as that is. Ha ha. I mean, is it the color, the shape of the hair? Or the reference? I do like people discussing the potential of an REI and what they hope to get from it. It's nice to a little bit of that.

I'm sure there's lots to discuss on Gaia, some minor topics such as recent develops or even just silly things like whatever happened to Timmy or guessing about the Gaia Gods. Maybe I see more than what others are.

There generally is that kind of talk in the REI threads, if you read enough of it, thing is that's a lot of work and most people just want to throw their 2 cents in and that's it. The REI's don't really last long enough to really speculate much on, to me anyways and most of them have rather simple predictable out comes, story wise.

The thing about minor topics is well...frankly, most people in general don't give a damn, if you'll excuse my frankness. What most people care about now days is items. That's all it really boils down to.

Maybe I miss that somewhere. XD It's a possibility. I love it when we get reference items, because some of the threads get entertaining. I love the rare thread where people get into heated arguments, I miss those the most. emo

But yes, it's boiled down to the items. I don't like it, but there is some entertainment to be found, I suppose.

I think you can still find interesting ideas and discussions on Gaia, just well they're most likely not going to be about Gaia. In general most people are here to chill and have some fun and chit chat, Gaia's not that 'heavy' of a topic as it were, unless some major s**t goes down. Then there's some fun to be had in the GCD, sadly doesn't happen as often now. XD Gaia's gotten too good and cleaning that stuff up quickly.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

kitten tea

I feel the same, but like every other user, I'm so use to coming here when the latest update happens and not going to the Guides and Resource subforum. :/

It would certainly be a hard habit to break. I can see it being an issue remembering to go there. But the RIG item lists are allowed here if they offer up discussion. And the OP adds in links to the art and guide threads.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

What's there to discuss though? Really, I mean right now there's the Easter event but after that then what? The thing gaia does most it pop out new items, thus that's what gets talked about. Major updates are few and far between, as well as plot updates. You can only beat a dead horse so long you know? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting deeper discussions, but looking to get them here is kind of...silly to me. You're not going to get deep profound debates or ideas here all that often, especially given the rather...sparse material.

The GCD is a place to find out what's currently going on in Gaia, what's hot as it were. Well that's generally items, and the very rare plot update. So people don't usually get into very deep discussions here anymore. I just think that's the nature of the beast. People don't come here looking for that anymore, and trying to force people to revert back is well, rather foolish I think.

I want to know why they don't like the item, silly as that is. Ha ha. I mean, is it the color, the shape of the hair? Or the reference? I do like people discussing the potential of an REI and what they hope to get from it. It's nice to a little bit of that.

I'm sure there's lots to discuss on Gaia, some minor topics such as recent develops or even just silly things like whatever happened to Timmy or guessing about the Gaia Gods. Maybe I see more than what others are.

There generally is that kind of talk in the REI threads, if you read enough of it, thing is that's a lot of work and most people just want to throw their 2 cents in and that's it. The REI's don't really last long enough to really speculate much on, to me anyways and most of them have rather simple predictable out comes, story wise.

The thing about minor topics is well...frankly, most people in general don't give a damn, if you'll excuse my frankness. What most people care about now days is items. That's all it really boils down to.

Maybe I miss that somewhere. XD It's a possibility. I love it when we get reference items, because some of the threads get entertaining. I love the rare thread where people get into heated arguments, I miss those the most. emo

But yes, it's boiled down to the items. I don't like it, but there is some entertainment to be found, I suppose.

I think you can still find interesting ideas and discussions on Gaia, just well they're most likely not going to be about Gaia. In general most people are here to chill and have some fun and chit chat, Gaia's not that 'heavy' of a topic as it were, unless some major s**t goes down. Then there's some fun to be had in the GCD, sadly doesn't happen as often now. XD Gaia's gotten too good and cleaning that stuff up quickly.

I got so much entertainment about the Hatofowl item that I cried when it was closed. SF was littered with threads about that item too. That was quality entertainment. I wish they were a bit slower about cleaning those up. T~T

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

I got so much entertainment about the Hatofowl item that I cried when it was closed. SF was littered with threads about that item too. That was quality entertainment. I wish they were a bit slower about cleaning those up. T~T

I heard about that, but stayed out of it mostly. I found it funny as s**t though, rabid fans who think it's their job to defend their favorite artist/whatever annoy the crap out of me. These people can take care of themselves and don't need you and your hissy fits to do anything for them. lol

The only solution I could suggest would be to possible make a subforum for RIGs themselves, like a forums for talking about any and all RIGs past and present, but if they did do that I have a feeling the GCD would become quite the ghost town.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

I heard about that, but stayed out of it mostly. I found it funny as s**t though, rabid fans who think it's their job to defend their favorite artist/whatever annoy the crap out of me. These people can take care of themselves and don't need you and your hissy fits to do anything for them. lol

The only solution I could suggest would be to possible make a subforum for RIGs themselves, like a forums for talking about any and all RIGs past and present, but if they did do that I have a feeling the GCD would become quite the ghost town.

I just like reading those sorts of threads, the entertainment value is just awesome and keeps me on my toes.

It's a tricky situation to be sure. I'd hate to see the GCD to die off. It's a fun place to hang out in.

Distinct Explorer

VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the guides and item lists and RIG threads, there wouldn't be much left in the GCD.

Otherwise it's pretty much nothing but rehashes of the same topic over and over again.

It's true that guides go into that one subforum...but does anyone actually go there? I mean most "guides" usually end up in their respected home forms. Like zOMG and alchemy guides for example.

I see your point, really I do, but I just think it's raising a whole lot of fuss over something, that by in large is more useful and helpful as it is.

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's news desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.
I hate this excuse. It feels, like someone in another thread said- like a defeatist attitude. If all of a sudden, the item threads, rig lists, guides, whatever get taken out of the GCD and actually moved to their appropriate forum, then it's the community's task to make threads to fill that void, while properly placing other appropriate topics where they belong, in their rightful forum that Gaia created for that sole purpose. There's more to Gaia than just items, items, items, even if that's all Gaia chooses to focus on, people need to understand that in order to successfully thrive as a DVERSE community, with a wider range of topics, then it's up to them to make a thread not pertaining to what Gaia chooses to offer then to discuss. There's a lot of things that make up Gaia as a site, and people have failed to realize that, or, as I have seen, are just too lazy to go out and look for those things that can be brought back here and discusses, outside of items. It's up to everyone who exists in said community to make their neighborhood a better place, and not expect an outside force, like the government ( or Gaia's company who cares little for community, anymore, but consumerism). It takes effort, determination to restore a forum and get people talking about something other than what Gaia gives them to talk about on a silver platter, and if people aren't willing to unlatch themselves from Gaia's teat and step up to try and be that source of change in their community, then of course the GCD will remain the GID (Gaia item discussion) and die a miserable death if all the item discussions and guides and rig lists and whatever, get moved to where they belong.

be the damn change you want to see.

and I hate the fact that everyone considers this place to be Gaia's news desk. That's what the gaia-made announcements are for. Sure, people here discover the news, first, and discuss it, here, but by no means it is Gaia's "News Desk". It's a watering hole to discuss all that goes on in the community.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Fractale
VKiera

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's news desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.
I hate this excuse. It feels, like someone in another thread said- like a defeatist attitude. If all of a sudden, the item threads, rig lists, guides, whatever get taken out of the GCD and actually moved to their appropriate forum, then it's the community's task to make threads to fill that void, while properly placing other appropriate topics where they belong, in their rightful forum that Gaia created for that sole purpose. There's more to Gaia than just items, items, items, even if that's all Gaia chooses to focus on, people need to understand that in order to successfully thrive as a DVERSE community, with a wider range of topics, then it's up to them to make a thread not pertaining to what Gaia chooses to offer then to discuss. There's a lot of things that make up Gaia as a site, and people have failed to realize that, or, as I have seen, are just too lazy to go out and look for those things that can be brought back here and discusses, outside of items. It's up to everyone who exists in said community to make their neighborhood a better place, and not expect an outside force, like the government ( or Gaia's company who cares little for community, anymore, but consumerism). It takes effort, determination to restore a forum and get people talking about something other than what Gaia gives them to talk about on a silver platter, and if people aren't willing to unlatch themselves from Gaia's teat and step up to try and be that source of change in their community, then of course the GCD will remain the GID (Gaia item discussion) and die a miserable death if all the item discussions and guides and rig lists and whatever, get moved to where they belong.

be the damn change you want to see.

Well please excuse my frankness once more, but for all general purposes I don't give a damn hon. I don't want to see a change all that badly, I'm not all that interested in it nor do I miss the 'old GCD'

If you'd like to try your hand at it, then by all means go for it, but don't expect the rest of us to want to go along with you. Like it's somehow our responsibly to do so. Yes, there is more to Gaia than items, and most of those things have their own forum to hash out said matters in, its generally only when things get big and effect a lot of us, that it gets mentioned here, otherwise most of us don't care that "X" happened in "Y" forum, as it's not important enough to warrant some huge a** discussion over.

You can be all the change you want to be dear, doesn't mean everyone else wants to go along with you. We don't have to care, if someone wants to attempt to bring in some new content that's dandy, I won't mind at all, but people who do nothing but rant about how the "GCD" is suppose to be and that Gaia is some huge deep, tightly knitted community and needs to come together and find something to talk about is rather laughable. To me anyways, and I have nothing else left to say on the matter really. Sorry hon, I just disagree and well generally do not care.

Sorry that don't float your boat.

Distinct Explorer

VKiera

even topic rehashes can offer fresh, new ideas, from new people who contribute, or people whose minds may have changed, over time.

Quote:
The GCD, really should be renamed the GID (I for Item) since this subforum is mostly discussion about items. Frankly, a change needs to be made to bring this subforum back to discussing community.
That's what i've been saying for a while now. As far as I'm concerned, the GCD is dead, killed by all the item talk, with little else to actually discuss, other than the events, when Gaia gives them to us. Much like how Diedbtich has been born out of Gambino's ashes, and exists to be a constant annoyance; a weak excuse of an existence of what used to be the great and original n, so has the GCD been murdered, with the GID born from the ashes, as a weak and pathetic excuse of a forum that pales in comparison its original self, what used to be known as the GCD.

Quote:
So please excuse my frankness, but, what the hell else is there to talk about? emotion_eyebrow

well, for starters:
Gais staff day-to-day lives off of Gaia, and on Gaia
lives/relationships of the NPC's (there's hundreds of them)
the need for so many NPC's
NPC's you want to see make reappearances in plot/ CI art/ ect
Conventions & other meet-ups
potential contests on and off of Gaia
Gaia features of the future
potential new looks of the homepage
the new CEO /people others would like to see taking control of Gaia, to lead it down a certain path
any changes in rules and guidelines of GCD, other forums, or TOS
Dark Reflection Universe (NPC's, their main currency, their plot, ect)
THE WORLD MAP, potential areas, NPC's assigned to what area
what could've been if zOMG continued getting updated
art/color consistency of the manga
Gaia as more than a website (movies, anime, cereal, outlet stores, theme parks)
how Gaia has changed you through the years
Gaia's effect on your life outside the internet
Gaia sister sites in other countries, like G-Online
favorite gold shops/ items
usefulness of Ask the Admin
usefulness of certain forums
Gaia-made games- canon or non-canon
Aquarium feature
updates for/ usefulness of Journals
trades
Marketplace
Gaia safety tips
Private Message feature
towns
guilds
profiles
arenas
rally
friends Chat
Virtual Hollywood
gaia apps
failed /removed features
jobs at gaia

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
Are you tired of this as well?

No, but if they stay longer then like...a week then it is a little tiresome. But after a while, they do get moved to their sub-forum so....

Do you just ignore this?

yes.

Do you feel the GCS could be more than these typical threads?

They are, though sometimes I don't notice cause I saw one time a person up up a bunch of one topic threads in there..the topics themselves were not spelled out to the point and the points of the purpose of the thread, of it was very odd...

Or do you just not care?
I care 3nodding

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Kain-Senpai
Guides really don't belong int he GCD. There is a subforum dedicated to all sorts of guides. However, if they really were put into the GGR, they would be ignored because users come here first for all their guide needs.

The guides are informative, but don't belong in the GCD. I'm a little tired of seeing them, to be honest.

Lapine Lequesne
Guides aren't allowed here, yo.
Report that s**t 5000 times and await your PM from Darius telling you to knock that s**t off

Except they are allowed here?
Ive talked to the gaia staff in person and their /exact/ words were "We allow threads in the GCD that we want in the GCD". After years, youd think theyd move them. They didnt. They allow them here, so theyre allowed here. /thread

P.S.: they inspire discussion. So, like manga mashups, theyre allowed based on that one detail.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapine Lequesne
VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the

guides
Not Allowed

and item lists
and RIG threads,
Alllowed
Except guides tend to be RIG threads?

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I love event guides. They are extraordinarily useful and I use them all the time when we have an event.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Pumpkinfrost
I love event guides. They are extraordinarily useful and I use them all the time when we have an event.

I like seeing them in the correct forum. I check the event forum first and there's always a guide there. Then I come to the GCD and guess what, another guide. neutral

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

My sentiments regarding placement of lists/guides can be adequately expressed here.

I don't care what the updated sticky says, I still don't think they belong, but I can't be arsed to care that much anymore. Admin made it clear (and a new sticky to boot) why they feel those types of lists belong there despite rehashing an old point that still technically breaks forum rules.

I love the guides and find them quite useful, I just kinda wish they were in the right place. But oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff