Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Cat

Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai
Guides really don't belong int he GCD. There is a subforum dedicated to all sorts of guides. However, if they really were put into the GGR, they would be ignored because users come here first for all their guide needs.

The guides are informative, but don't belong in the GCD. I'm a little tired of seeing them, to be honest.

They're nice and informative, but if I wanted to see the information, I would go to GGR. It's a shame that we've become so used to seeing them in GCD that it's practically normal. Maybe we need a subforum?

A subforum wouldn't even be needed. It's a fact of reporting the threads and making sure they're moved to the GGR.

I've seen some threads never get moved to GGR. Maybe I need to be more annoying.

Did Oeuf's Final Line Guide get moved?

I remember that one stayed around for a while

You know, I have no idea.

nope, its still there.
Im gonna contact some forum assistants about this, because in the rules it explicitly states otherwise, and i report this god knows how long ago.

Tricky Cat

VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the

guides
Not Allowed

and item lists
and RIG threads,
Alllowed

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the guides and item lists and RIG threads, there wouldn't be much left in the GCD.

Plot updates, yea every once in a blue moon.

Otherwise it's pretty much nothing but rehashes of the same topic over and over again.

It's true that guides go into that one subforum...but does anyone actually go there? I mean most "guides" usually end up in their respected home forms. Like zOMG and alchemy guides for example.

I see your point, really I do, but I just think it's raising a whole lot of fuss over something, that by in large is more useful and helpful as it is.

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's new desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.

And that's the problem, there's nothing left to take the spot. I miss seeing actual discussion here in the GCD about Gaia. Most of what I see is the following:

"I love this item." "I hate this item." "I'm going to wait until it evolves more before I buy it."

There no discussion going on at all within the thread, it's mainly people just stating a once sentence opinion and that's it. Sure there are a few who give a few more in depth analysis, but that's it.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai

A subforum wouldn't even be needed. It's a fact of reporting the threads and making sure they're moved to the GGR.

I've seen some threads never get moved to GGR. Maybe I need to be more annoying.

Did Oeuf's Final Line Guide get moved?

I remember that one stayed around for a while

You know, I have no idea.

nope, its still there.
Im gonna contact some forum assistants about this, because in the rules it explicitly states otherwise, and i report this god knows how long ago.

I reported the same thread as well well over a week ago. Yeah, there's no discussion about it at all. I could understand if there was some discussion involved but there isn't.

Mysterious Trickster

VKiera
To be frank, if you took out the guides and item lists and RIG threads, there wouldn't be much left in the GCD.

Otherwise it's pretty much nothing but rehashes of the same topic over and over again.

It's true that guides go into that one subforum...but does anyone actually go there? I mean most "guides" usually end up in their respected home forms. Like zOMG and alchemy guides for example.

I see your point, really I do, but I just think it's raising a whole lot of fuss over something, that by in large is more useful and helpful as it is.

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's news desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.

They're useful, yes. They bring activity to the subforum, yes. However, there is a subforum dedicated to guides. If the RIG guides were moved to the GGR, it would bring activity back to that subforum.

The GCD, really should be renamed the GID (I for Item) since this subforum is mostly discussion about items. Frankly, a change needs to be made to bring this subforum back to discussing community.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

UNSUB
I find they are quite useful. People do come to Site Questions and Assistance asking about this and that and I refer them to those threads.

Yeah, they are. I just wish they involved more intellectual discussion.

Festive Celebrator

I really like guides, all of them, the ones here and the ones in the guides forum.
I can't be in Gaia as much as I'd like and when I log in my time is very limited. For that reason I am extremely grateful for people who make item lists and guides, and those who help them.

Those guides allow me to better enjoy the site 3nodding heart

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's new desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.

And that's the problem, there's nothing left to take the spot. I miss seeing actual discussion here in the GCD about Gaia. Most of what I see is the following:

"I love this item." "I hate this item." "I'm going to wait until it evolves more before I buy it."

There no discussion going on at all within the thread, it's mainly people just stating a once sentence opinion and that's it. Sure there are a few who give a few more in depth analysis, but that's it.

What's there to discuss though? Really, I mean right now there's the Easter event but after that then what? The thing gaia does most it pop out new items, thus that's what gets talked about. Major updates are few and far between, as well as plot updates. You can only beat a dead horse so long you know? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting deeper discussions, but looking to get them here is kind of...silly to me. You're not going to get deep profound debates or ideas here all that often, especially given the rather...sparse material.

The GCD is a place to find out what's currently going on in Gaia, what's hot as it were. Well that's generally items, and the very rare plot update. So people don't usually get into very deep discussions here anymore. I just think that's the nature of the beast. People don't come here looking for that anymore, and trying to force people to revert back is well, rather foolish I think.

Tricky Cat

Ninina
I really like guides, all of them, the ones here and the ones in the guides forum.
I can't be in Gaia as much as I'd like and when I log in my time is very limited. For that reason I am extremely grateful for people who make item lists and guides, and those who help them.

Those guides allow me to better enjoy the site 3nodding heart

Libraries are sorted for a reason.
The reference section is it's own section for a reason;
Intellectual literature is seperate from the fiction, which is seperate from the references for a reason;
So people can find what theyre looking for.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

What's there to discuss though? Really, I mean right now there's the Easter event but after that then what? The thing gaia does most it pop out new items, thus that's what gets talked about. Major updates are few and far between, as well as plot updates. You can only beat a dead horse so long you know? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting deeper discussions, but looking to get them here is kind of...silly to me. You're not going to get deep profound debates or ideas here all that often, especially given the rather...sparse material.

The GCD is a place to find out what's currently going on in Gaia, what's hot as it were. Well that's generally items, and the very rare plot update. So people don't usually get into very deep discussions here anymore. I just think that's the nature of the beast. People don't come here looking for that anymore, and trying to force people to revert back is well, rather foolish I think.

I want to know why they don't like the item, silly as that is. Ha ha. I mean, is it the color, the shape of the hair? Or the reference? I do like people discussing the potential of an REI and what they hope to get from it. It's nice to a little bit of that.

I'm sure there's lots to discuss on Gaia, some minor topics such as recent develops or even just silly things like whatever happened to Timmy or guessing about the Gaia Gods. Maybe I see more than what others are.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Kain-Senpai
VKiera

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's news desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.

They're useful, yes. They bring activity to the subforum, yes. However, there is a subforum dedicated to guides. If the RIG guides were moved to the GGR, it would bring activity back to that subforum.

The GCD, really should be renamed the GID (I for Item) since this subforum is mostly discussion about items. Frankly, a change needs to be made to bring this subforum back to discussing community.

I see your point, I do, but I just think Gaia in itself would have to change and well give us something to talk about. You could move all the things your talking about to that subforum and maybe you'd get people to move over there, though I highly doubt it, not without a lot of kicking and screaming along the way.

There's nothing going on in the community, as a whole, to make much of discussion of, to me anyways. Besides events and the rare plot update.

We get the odd experience thread now and again, but they've all been seen and done before for the most part.

So please excuse my frankness, but, what the hell else is there to talk about? emotion_eyebrow

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

I want to know why they don't like the item, silly as that is. Ha ha. I mean, is it the color, the shape of the hair? Or the reference? I do like people discussing the potential of an REI and what they hope to get from it. It's nice to a little bit of that.

I'm sure there's lots to discuss on Gaia, some minor topics such as recent develops or even just silly things like whatever happened to Timmy or guessing about the Gaia Gods. Maybe I see more than what others are.

There generally is that kind of talk in the REI threads, if you read enough of it, thing is that's a lot of work and most people just want to throw their 2 cents in and that's it. The REI's don't really last long enough to really speculate much on, to me anyways and most of them have rather simple predictable out comes, story wise.

The thing about minor topics is well...frankly, most people in general don't give a damn, if you'll excuse my frankness. What most people care about now days is items. That's all it really boils down to.

Mysterious Trickster

VKiera
Kain-Senpai
VKiera

I see your point, I do, but I just think Gaia in itself would have to change and well give us something to talk about. You could move all the things your talking about to that subforum and maybe you'd get people to move over there, though I highly doubt it, not without a lot of kicking and screaming along the way.

There's nothing going on in the community, as a whole, to make much of discussion of, to me anyways. Besides events and the rare plot update.

We get the odd experience thread now and again, but they've all been seen and done before for the most part.

So please excuse my frankness, but, what the hell else is there to talk about? emotion_eyebrow

User experience! emotion_awesome

On a serious note, probably user experience in regards to how they view the community. I remember there were a few threads about how to personify the individual subforums and base their personalities on the experiences users had. Hm... maybe I will make that thread and see how far it goes.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Kain-Senpai
VKiera
Kain-Senpai
VKiera

User experience! emotion_awesome

On a serious note, probably user experience in regards to how they view the community. I remember there were a few threads about how to personify the individual subforums and base their personalities on the experiences users had. Hm... maybe I will make that thread and see how far it goes.

Power to you hon, you make it cool enough I just might drop in for a visit. emotion_awesome

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera
Lapsis Stella
VKiera

There generally is that kind of talk in the REI threads, if you read enough of it, thing is that's a lot of work and most people just want to throw their 2 cents in and that's it. The REI's don't really last long enough to really speculate much on, to me anyways and most of them have rather simple predictable out comes, story wise.

The thing about minor topics is well...frankly, most people in general don't give a damn, if you'll excuse my frankness. What most people care about now days is items. That's all it really boils down to.

Maybe I miss that somewhere. XD It's a possibility. I love it when we get reference items, because some of the threads get entertaining. I love the rare thread where people get into heated arguments, I miss those the most. emo

But yes, it's boiled down to the items. I don't like it, but there is some entertainment to be found, I suppose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff