Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

So I was reading through the thread discussions here in the GCD and saw a few on guides and how to do what. While nice, some of these things are pretty self-evident and easy to do. I won't give examples, but I am curious as to why we need these in the GCD. Maybe I don't get this or they should just go into Guides and Resources? But it's almost tiring to see a thread on how to do something when it's pretty self-explanatory. I don't mind seeing item lists and whatnot in our forum, but those almost get tiring as well, even though they're easy to get to to find new items. It feels as though the GCD is being clogged up with these threads every time there is a shop update, RIG update, or gold shop update.

Spoons:

Are you tired of this as well?
Do you just ignore this?
Do you feel the GCS could be more than these typical threads?
Or do you just not care?

Mysterious Trickster

Guides really don't belong int he GCD. There is a subforum dedicated to all sorts of guides. However, if they really were put into the GGR, they would be ignored because users come here first for all their guide needs.

The guides are informative, but don't belong in the GCD. I'm a little tired of seeing them, to be honest.

Tricky Cat

Guides aren't allowed here, yo.
Report that s**t 5000 times and await your PM from Darius telling you to knock that s**t off

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lapine Lequesne
Report that s**t 5000 times and await your PM from Darius telling you to knock that s**t off

I always report, but I never get that PM. XD

Tricky Cat

Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne

Gotta report 5000 times.
Quote:
Hello Lapine Lequesne,

Just so you are aware, you do not need to file multiple reports about the same incident. The chances are good that you are not the only person reporting the problem, so there is no need to file more than one report. Doing so just adds extra reports to the queues, and slows down resolution time! In the future, please only report an incident one time. This is in regards to a signature of one user that you've reported a total of twelve times, five of those being in the same day.

We appreciate your understanding as we try to keep Gaia a safe, fun place for all members!

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Kain-Senpai
Guides really don't belong int he GCD. There is a subforum dedicated to all sorts of guides. However, if they really were put into the GGR, they would be ignored because users come here first for all their guide needs.

The guides are informative, but don't belong in the GCD. I'm a little tired of seeing them, to be honest.

They're nice and informative, but if I wanted to see the information, I would go to GGR. It's a shame that we've become so used to seeing them in GCD that it's practically normal. Maybe we need a subforum?

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne

Gotta report 5000 times.
Quote:
Hello Lapine Lequesne,

Just so you are aware, you do not need to file multiple reports about the same incident. The chances are good that you are not the only person reporting the problem, so there is no need to file more than one report. Doing so just adds extra reports to the queues, and slows down resolution time! In the future, please only report an incident one time. This is in regards to a signature of one user that you've reported a total of twelve times, five of those being in the same day.

We appreciate your understanding as we try to keep Gaia a safe, fun place for all members!

>>

I've only reported the same person/thread...like maybe a total of five times, if that. XD

Tricky Cat

Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne

Gotta report 5000 times.
Quote:
Hello Lapine Lequesne,

>>

I've only reported the same person/thread...like maybe a total of five times, if that. XD

I got frusterated that the signature was original 700px

THen finally got lowered to 500x500 with text too
and then that stayed for EVER

so a week after i was like
"god damnit, report all the posts, maybe a mod will finally see it"

And 2-3 days later, the PM

Im impatient.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Lapine Lequesne

Gotta report 5000 times.
Quote:
Hello Lapine Lequesne,

>>

I got frusterated that the signature was original 700px

THen finally got lowered to 500x500 with text too
and then that stayed for EVER

so a week after i was like
"god damnit, report all the posts, maybe a mod will finally see it"

And 2-3 days later, the PM

Im impatient.

Yeah, I get that way too when I see a thread I reported still in the forum where it doesn't belong. Sometimes it takes a few hours to get it moved.

Mysterious Trickster

Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai

They're nice and informative, but if I wanted to see the information, I would go to GGR. It's a shame that we've become so used to seeing them in GCD that it's practically normal. Maybe we need a subforum?

A subforum wouldn't even be needed. It's a fact of reporting the threads and making sure they're moved to the GGR.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Kain-Senpai
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai

A subforum wouldn't even be needed. It's a fact of reporting the threads and making sure they're moved to the GGR.

I've seen some threads never get moved to GGR. Maybe I need to be more annoying.

Tricky Cat

Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai

I've seen some threads never get moved to GGR. Maybe I need to be more annoying.

Did Oeuf's Final Line Guide get moved?

I remember that one stayed around for a while
I find they are quite useful. People do come to Site Questions and Assistance asking about this and that and I refer them to those threads.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
To be frank, if you took out the guides and item lists and RIG threads, there wouldn't be much left in the GCD.

Plot updates, yea every once in a blue moon.

Otherwise it's pretty much nothing but rehashes of the same topic over and over again.

It's true that guides go into that one subforum...but does anyone actually go there? I mean most "guides" usually end up in their respected home forms. Like zOMG and alchemy guides for example.

I see your point, really I do, but I just think it's raising a whole lot of fuss over something, that by in large is more useful and helpful as it is.

I personally think of the GCD as gaia's news desk. Anything that goes on, happens gets talked about here, but then there's social things and ect, just like the a real newspaper in a way.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lapine Lequesne
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai
Lapsis Stella
Kain-Senpai

Did Oeuf's Final Line Guide get moved?

I remember that one stayed around for a while

You know, I have no idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out