Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
When it comes to gaia, I like using gold/orange, purple, gray and pink. I'd love to use more teal and true orange, but gaia doesn't have a lot to offer when it comes to those colors.

I think I usually end up having some sort of dull purple tone to my avatars, mostly because the drone skin from Death Whisper is one of my favorite skins ever and it matches everything. emotion_kirakira

And I know I don't seem like the type to like pink, but I absolutely love using pinks. Not really pale or peachy pinks, though. I prefer the tone that was used in Boto Encantado, or the pink hair from Rosamund's Revenge.

As for colors that I don't like... hahahaha. Cream.
I also don't particularly like blues.

I used to hate mint too, but oops I actually REALLY LOVE IT NOW

Magical Kitten

I like lots of colors. I used to hate mint with a passion, but oops, IRL it looks fabulous on me so I've been slowly experimenting with gaia's (severely lacking) selections of mint items. Rosamund red/pink (I like to call it raspberry red) has become one of my favorite colors because of Gaia. I love blues (of most any shade, but the pale, vintage-y blues are my favorite right now), and pale buttery yellows. I also love green, but I find it harder to use on Gaia because of the artists' insistence on using that ugly acid-neon green that I hate.

I almost never use reds in my avi, and I also find pink hard to work with, but I try from time to time. Orange is impossible, I've never made an orange avi I liked. And I think purple is harder to work with, but only because all the purples seem to be different shades.

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Aw you look adorable! Anyway I'd say I'm not really fond of orange. Everything else seems fine for me.

Tricky Cat

Obsequious Minion
When it comes to gaia, I like using gold/orange, purple, gray and pink. I'd love to use more teal and true orange, but gaia doesn't have a lot to offer when it comes to those colors.

I think I usually end up having some sort of dull purple tone to my avatars, mostly because the drone skin from Death Whisper is one of my favorite skins ever and it matches everything. emotion_kirakira

And I know I don't seem like the type to like pink, but I absolutely love using pinks. Not really pale or peachy pinks, though. I prefer the tone that was used in Boto Encantado, or the pink hair from Rosamund's Revenge.

As for colors that I don't like... hahahaha. Cream.
I also don't particularly like blues.

I used to hate mint too, but oops I actually REALLY LOVE IT NOW

For teal and true orange, I think there are layering combos to give the illusion that you're wearing teal.
I may not recall, but some items when combined look great. LIke that green as s**t corset?
Or the teal stockings + rosamund's revenge layers to make a dark teal.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Lapine Lequesne

For teal and true orange, I think there are layering combos to give the illusion that you're wearing teal.
I may not recall, but some items when combined look great. LIke that green as s**t corset?
Or the teal stockings + rosamund's revenge layers to make a dark teal.

Sauvignon Blanche maybe? It's one of the transparent corset I know of; there's a recolor of it but I can't remember it's name. It was an item released in one of the Love Charms if I remember right thought.

Otherwise, thanks for the lovely tips about Rosamund's~ I didn't know we could layer socks with those shoes. It's an interesting trick smile

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I agree with the theme.
I'd like a warrior-themed item in pastel colors. Though I see the guys virtually slapping me for that right now xDDD

But yeah, I'd like to see more green, orange and purple.
Especially in the recolors.
Whenever we get recolors, they're either blue, red or black/white, which is kinda annoying me.

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
I sometimes wear purple, but it's a little complicated without plenty of purple items to use. Also, I tend to stay away from green stuff often, since I do have some green stuff. Sadly, I can't match them well enough, along with the dark teal from Lady Jayne and the Mummy.

Lavish Lunatic

Also, I already replied, but this is something that I just remembered. I hate the standard color schemes with a passion. Want to know why?
It's not even because all avatars that use those color schemes look the same. It's because if you love one of the colors in there, it's practically impossible to use the items and use a different color scheme!

I mean, for example, that navy/gold stuff? If you want to use only the navy (but not the gold) and add, say, silver. Or even crazier, green or something. You just can't make a proper outfit out of it!
Just like when you want to use a reasonably new popular item, you're also stuck with using cream. 99% of the time. emotion_0A0

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
For some reason, I thought this was goign to be about boycotting the cash shop--I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!

MEh. I don't like gold, so I don't often use it. Past that, WHATEVER WORKS!

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
Red makes me look like a Valentine's Day card, and therefore must be used sparingly. Too bad, there are so many good items on here that only come in red. emo

Same with yellow, only the holiday is Easter instead.

Green Gaian

Green is really my color. This is my first avatar in a long time that doesn't have a green and black color scheme.

Ice-Cold Victory

Purple is my favorite color, but the shades on here are often inconsistent (save for that newly popular lavender color) and that makes me shy away from dressing in it too often. I also don't do much green except for nature themes, though lately I've been incorporating it into some punk style avatars!

I'd like to see more vivid turquoise/teal, like the shade from Saber Feidae. Such a nice bright color c: Oh and I have a hard time matching the armor from La Dragonne, so more armor in that silver shade would be nice!

Yep, particular shades of colors can be so hard to match.

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Your Blushing Paladin
Nobody likes purple, go figure.

I like purple! crying

I don't shy away from colours, but I don't really have alot of items outside of gold/teal/pink/cream because those are my favorite colours. Though recently I've been experimenting with deep blues and golds, but like someone said.. those colours tend to be "royal" themed.

User Image

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I don't hate any colors just because of what they are, but for the fact that Gaia lacks in some of them. I don't use orange or green a lot, just because there isn't a lot of those two, and even less in the same shades. They're getting more greens, but I still don't see orange, and usually orange is on a male-ish item if we do get it, so I can't really work with them. I like the two colors though, greatly, I just hate how I can never use them on here haha.

My favorites, it's hard to decide really. I use black in everything, but it doesn't necessarily make it my favorite color to use. I love the bright reds on Gaia, I think their hot pinks are divine, I adore the really pale blues they're coming out with (like Cantata and Frou Frou). I'm actually starting to have a soft spot for the green Petit Cherie comes in (though I still can't get myself to keep the item itself lol).

For me I think the shades get the short end of the stick. We're not lacking colors per say, we're just lacking many items in the same color. Then vise versa, we get TOO many items of one shade and the rest get the shaft. Sometimes I'd just like a happy medium, haha. ; w;

Ruthless Reveler

Black, red, white, gold, silver. Occasionally dark purple but only because I like the Alruna/Anurla items. But only dark purple (bleh lavender). Recently with trying to make purple work, I've allowed some minor pink accents into my wardrobe.

I will never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER NEVER EVER, wear blue. I tried wearing green, but it just doesn't look good. Ohwell.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff