Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Bookworm

Hello again GCD! 4laugh

What with all the recent recolours and new series' items we've been getting, it's got me thinking.
Why doesn't Gaia take a leaf out of Pokemons book? No, really! Imagine if we had a section of the site that recorded the items we own in a sort of collection, kinda like the Pokedex. You'd only have to own the item once to have it registered in your collection, then you could sell it on again.

Expanding on from that, we could even rope the Achievements feature into it and have it set out so that once you have registered every item in a certain set of recolours/series/etc., you unlock and achievement!
Here is an example I made up:

User Image

Even bigger than just recolour or series sets there could be achievements for things like;
Every EI, every REI, every cat item, every pet, every companion item, every Astra, etc.

I feel like it would give some users the drive to log on to Gaia more in order to complete their collections.
I know it would for me. 4laugh

What do you think? Would you buy into this idea or would it seem like too much trouble?
How do you think the idea could be improved?
What kind of rewards would you like to see if this were a thing, other than titles from achievements?

(I didn't post this in SF because I'm not actively trying to get them to make this idea a reality.
I really just want to know what people think of it and if they'd enjoy/use such a feature! ^^)

Tipsy Genius

Oh man, I would love that. Probably can't be done because it would limit the redesigns/recolors they might release eventually once they've decided what the "complete" collection consists of, but it's such a cool idea.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Interesting, but how would you handle the constant influx of new recolors? Right now, the March Item Collection contains eight items, but Unicorn March, Manatee March, and Elephant Shrew March are right around the corner.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I don't personally want this, because I rarely collect an entire collection. Even though I adore all the Sailor Moon related items, and have a great deal of them, I don't feel the need to have all of them.

However, I think it's a wonderful idea and I think it would be useful to a large number of users.
That's a cute idea! I'd love that, I'm already a chronic collector/hoarder to begin with, so having an additional incentive to do so would be kinda fun. c:

I agree with what's already been said though, I think they wouldn't implement this since they'd then have to find a way to add new recolours in to a set, or because it would limit how many recolours they can eventually release... :c

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
armadillodreamer
Interesting, but how would you handle the constant influx of new recolors? Right now, the March Item Collection contains eight items, but Unicorn March, Manatee March, and Elephant Shrew March are right around the corner.

Yeah, that was going to be my question. xp

Feline Bookworm

sterek
Oh man, I would love that. Probably can't be done because it would limit the redesigns/recolors they might release eventually once they've decided what the "complete" collection consists of, but it's such a cool idea.
User Image

That's true! I hadn't though of that. Maybe award the achievement once the "current"
amount of recolours/series items had been collected and then anything released after
that is just a bonus to keep the collection updated? I'm not too sure. They would have
to wait until x amount of items in the collection were released before allowing the collection
to be "complete".

It could work for things like "All 2O13 MC's" or "All Xmas 2O11 event items", etc., quite easily though!

Feline Bookworm

armadillodreamer
User Image

I'm not 1OO% sure, but like I said to sterek, maybe once they reach x amount of items
in a certain collection it can be "completed", then anything on from that is just a bonus
to keep the collection updated? There are some collections it wouldn't be a problem for,
but I do see your point!

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Achievement hunters will either love it or burn Gaia bc of it xD

I don't collect really often cause I don't have that much spare gold lol but it's a nice idea.

Gaia's do it if they see a window of opportunity to get more money that's for sure

Feline Bookworm

Kurienze
That's a cute idea! I'd love that, I'm already a chronic collector/hoarder to begin with, so having an additional incentive to do so would be kinda fun. c:

I agree with what's already been said though, I think they wouldn't implement this since they'd then have to find a way to add new recolours in to a set, or because it would limit how many recolours they can eventually release... :c
User Image

It's definitely an issue, but I think it could be worked around potentially!
Or perhaps they could just release collections for items that are definitely complete,
like yearly MC collections or event item collections and the like.

It would perhaps make more people want to buy recolours from the CS if there was
a collection to keep updated, too, so perhaps they'd benefit from this also.

Feline Bookworm

minghii
Achievement hunters will either love it or burn Gaia bc of it xD

I don't collect really often cause I don't have that much spare gold lol but it's a nice idea.

Gaia's do it if they see a window of opportunity to get more money that's for sure
User Image

It could work in Gaia's favour if say, you take the recent Nekola/Nekolita/Tigerola items
as an example. More people would buy GC to get the Tigerola item to register to their collection
and can still turn around and sell it right after if they felt like it.
Not that they really need any help selling those things.

Handsome Man-Lover

Yeah, I would love that, just for the fun of it.
And because I'm sure there'd be some wacky titles with those achievements XD

I'm prone to collecting recolours; if achievements were involved I'd def be one of those people that would even buy the recolours of an item that don't appeal to me XD

Feline Bookworm

Bowie-Spawan

I'm prone to collecting recolours; if achievements were involved I'd def be one of those people that would even buy the recolours of an item that don't appeal to me XD
User Image

That's partly what got me thinking about it. I definitely do not want Tigerola, but
it would mean I'd have the collection (so far), but thinking on it, I'm the only one
who would even know I had the collection, so what's the point? It'd be great if we
could collect things for a purpose and get something back for it, ie., an achievement
to show off!

Invisible Ghost

armadillodreamer
Off-topic, but do you mean like this Unicorn March?

On Topic - This is an interesting idea. If you applied it to the Gold Shops (I'm thinking a "You bought everything from the last gold shop update!", to keep it more simple and avoid the problem of a collection increasing), it could make a rather nice gold sink.

With the collections that are constantly having recolours, you could divide them. "Marionette Collection 1" and "Marionette Collection 2", with the potential to have "Marionette Collection 3" added later when there's enough to be considered a collection.

Handsome Man-Lover

Literatic
Bowie-Spawan

User Image

That's partly what got me thinking about it. I definitely do not want Tigerola, but
it would mean I'd have the collection (so far), but thinking on it, I'm the only one
who would even know I had the collection, so what's the point? It'd be great if we
could collect things for a purpose and get something back for it, ie., an achievement
to show off!

I'm still pining for an achievement of owning all colours of a certain item (that rewards colours as titles). It's similar to your suggestion, but in my case I'd ask for at least 5 different colours for the achievement to grant. Maybe that could work here too, then you wouldn't need to own all recolours (unless the item has exactly 5) and only items with at least 5 different recolours would fall into granting achievements for collecting them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff