Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wouldn't it be cool if the Shopowners could participate in the storyline?

Ian: Good day, graphite_angel. I love you.

Then you could ask about certain things. Let's say the options are "ask about tower." and "ask about Liam."

Ian could say: Liam? we're the best of friends if ya know what I mean.

Or he could say: Poor, poor Gambino. We saw that tower fall all the way from barton! If ya ask me, That shifty labtech X is behind all this!

ADMIT IT. This idea is good.
I just want Cindy Donovinh to accept my Friendlist Invitation. After that, they can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Your idea is great, though. 3nodding

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
That is a relatively good idea, though they'd have to be careful about what they got NPCs to say. Too much information too fast is bad. But yes, it would be nice to see the NPCs particpating in the storyline more, so that we could see what type of personalities they have etc...

...But it would be hellish to code and maintain, most likely. They'd have to code the question/answer method, and then change it every time that something happened, as well as coming up with responses for all of the different shop owners.

It's something that the admins may well be working on, now that I think about it. I know they're working on a "Quest" system, so maybe we'll be able to talk to NPCs when that's released?
Seth Darkheart
That is a relatively good idea, though they'd have to be careful about what they got NPCs to say. Too much information too fast is bad. But yes, it would be nice to see the NPCs particpating in the storyline more, so that we could see what type of personalities they have etc...

...But it would be hellish to code and maintain, most likely. They'd have to code the question/answer method, and then change it every time that something happened, as well as coming up with responses for all of the different shop owners.

It's something that the admins may well be working on, now that I think about it. I know they're working on a "Quest" system, so maybe we'll be able to talk to NPCs when that's released?

Heck yeah!! It'd be like.. King's Quest or something. I loved King's Quest.. crying
That'd be rad with more NPC interaction. I'd dig it.

Invisible Mage

Sound like a lot of work to code, but lots of fun as well. It would be ever so helpful for writing fanfiction, to know more about all the shopkeepers personalities, though I must say, we have a lot of creatve license right now, the way it is, which is rather nice.

I'd spend so much time in the bank and barton boutique though, just talking to Ian and Meredith over and over again. ^__^
I like that idea. Kinda like "Baldurs Gate" sorta thing. 3nodding heart

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
That would be really, really, fun! 3nodding
Jamizoid

xd Or peasant's quest.
graphite_angel
Jamizoid

xd Or peasant's quest.

All hail Peasant's Quest!! 3nodding heart

Invisible Mage

Jamizoid

Jamizoid, who drew that picture of Gino in your signature? It is awesome-ness! heart
kittylin
graphite_angel
Jamizoid

xd Or peasant's quest.

All hail Peasant's Quest!! 3nodding heart

Hip-Hip-Hurrah!

Dapper Lunatic

graphite_angel
Jamizoid

xd Or peasant's quest.

Yes, Peasants Quest, the best selling Computer TV game ever made, well not really, but still
Litheria
Jamizoid

Jamizoid, who drew that picture of Gino in your signature? It is awesome-ness! heart
A user by the name of Liccy did.
Graphite: Do you love me?

Ian: Yes! I love you, graphite!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out