Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Okay. I admit to being pretty much confined to about only 2-3 forums lately. I also haven't been active so much. Also...when I get back from a long hiatus I usually look only on updates from new Cash/RIGs and MC items.

Then today I went around and browsed through other forums I'm not used to. XD I see a lot more start users there as compared to places like the GCD where mostly I just see Gaia Regs. Suddenly I realized...wow, what awesome stuff are these guys wearing. So I investigated and clicked "view equipped" and lo and behold! GOLD SHOP ITEMS!!

....never realized the awesome that is the Gold Shop now XD I mean..have you seen the new female starter dresses? The Coats from Gambino Outfitters. Heck. Some of the items are even better than the stuff they sell for RL Cash OAO Whole new world, for shiznit!

p.s. I love this coat (Brisk Coat). TT A TT I can attest it's even better than the new FMAB coat that was just released.

So GCD,
Fvaorite Gold Shop items ever?!
Have you lost contact with the gold shops with all the influx of the many cash items?
How much of Gold Shop items do you actually use now in comparison to RIG/MC/EI items?
Compare old Gold shop items to newer ones: for example, how horrible were gold shops shoes way back when? ARGH!
Gold shop staples, do they still exist? (anyone remember when everyone had to have fairy wings and Baos OAO )

Friendly Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
    Man.. people keep pointing out all these positive things about the female avatars.

Makes me really consider switching. gonk xd

Ruthless Shapeshifter

ssj shuya
    Man.. people keep pointing out all these positive things about the female avatars.

It's just more of a challenge to dress tmale avatars up than using a female avatar.
But yes...you tend to have more choices in everything if you're using a female avatar.
Also...O_< everything is more in proportion.

I think the modern male avatar on Gaia can't hardly live without using body modifying items. XD
Heck...even some of the gold shop items now make the bodies thinner as opposed to stick on the normal base like they used to.

Chital's Husband

Noob

1. Yes, kind of, sometimes I have go to the QA forum and ask what is the name of dress is the avatar wearing. Because I hardly look at gold shops.

2. Maybe around 20?

3. -

4. -

Distinct Explorer

I'd flipping LOVE if there were only gold shops. I don't cry, but I'd probably cry. Everyone. Everyone should wear gold shop items. All the time! They're really under appreciated, not just in the GCD.
All gold shop items are my favorite, but my most favorite? Probably the starter Hero and Heroine tops in Barton Boutique, and the party pirate hats in Crosstitch.
I've never lost touch with gs items with all the influx of CS s**t. I couldn't care less about what crap comes out the cash shop, so I always have an eye on the bitterly ignored and unloved gold shops, that don't even get a quarter of the loving updates the cash shop gets.

Compared to the cash shop fancy schmancies, I only wear gold shop items. All day, every day

In a relationship with VVishing

Do the hairstyles and eyes in Salon Durem count? If so then those are the best for me. heart

I, sadly, have. ; w;

I do not use many gold shop items. Unfortunately, my avatar usually consists of more cash shop items than gold shop items.

I am not too old to answer the other questions. emo

Star-Crossed Cat

12,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Indeed the gold shop items have increased in quality!
Gold Shop items have got better and the new items are much more desirable than what was in the Shops before.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Fractale
I'd flipping LOVE if there were only gold shops. I don't cry, but I'd probably cry. Everyone. Everyone should wear gold shop items. All the time! They're really under appreciated, not just in the GCD.
All gold shop items are my favorite, but my most favorite? Probably the starter Hero and Heroine tops in Barton Boutique, and the party pirate hats in Crosstitch.
I've never lost touch with gs items with all the influx of CS s**t. I couldn't care less about what crap comes out the cash shop, so I always have an eye on the bitterly ignored and unloved gold shops, that don't even get a quarter of the loving updates the cash shop gets.

Compared to the cash shop fancy schmancies, I only wear gold shop items. All day, every day

I applaud your determination!
Closest thing to that is my mule account XD
He's only got gold shop stuff on. ALL THE TIME.

Distinct Explorer

Yorugami

I applaud your determination!
Closest thing to that is my mule account XD
He's only got gold shop stuff on. ALL THE TIME.
thanks. Good knowing your mule wears GS items all the time, at least
Mine does, too. Surprisingly, though, I think he looks better than my main XD

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I experienced something similar to the OP very recently when I came back from a long hiatus.
I went through my usual re-familiarizing myself routine: checked the latest RIG items & the GCD for latest news first.
Then I went to TekTek & browsed some of the other RIG items I missed. I was finally able to design a new avi, too. Relief!
I didn't even really bother thinking about checking the gold shops for some reason...

After a couple days, I kind of wandered into the shops by accident & noticed a bunch of new items in the Buttercup Cafe.
I had a small mindfreak & bought up a ton of the adorably delicious items for my avi.
Lo & behold, the shop had two cinnamon rolls! heart (Cinnabon is my favorite food in the world.)
I realized that the cinnamon roll fit my avi perfectly & did a little happy dance. I'm still over the moon.

Finding a dream item in a gold shop is probably one of my favorite things to experience on Gaia.
It's inexpensive (besides finding one in Dernier*Cri)... & I tend to have a fierce love for the items. User Image
WHYYYYYYYYYYY

I decided to see what you were talking about and ended up spending 40k buying a bunch of 1-2k items. crying

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I rarely ever use gold shop items.

I like to make up my outfits entirely with expensive things if I can help it.

I guess I'm just extravagant like that

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
ssj shuya

its rediculously easier to make a female avi.. i made two in under 5 minutes with 3-5m

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Yorugami
ssj shuya

It's just more of a challenge to dress tmale avatars up than using a female avatar.
But yes...you tend to have more choices in everything if you're using a female avatar.
Also...O_< everything is more in proportion.

I think the modern male avatar on Gaia can't hardly live without using body modifying items. XD
Heck...even some of the gold shop items now make the bodies thinner as opposed to stick on the normal base like they used to.
Personally, I think the male base looks ten times better than the female base. Their arms look nicer, and their feel look like feet.

Female base is hideous.

As far as GS items are concerned~They have been lovely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff