Welcome to Gaia! ::

What game is YOUR favorite, despite the current situation?

Pinball 0.048951048951049 4.9% [ 7 ]
Fishing 0.16083916083916 16.1% [ 23 ]
Tiles 0.06993006993007 7.0% [ 10 ]
Jigsaw 0.097902097902098 9.8% [ 14 ]
Blackjack 0.13986013986014 14.0% [ 20 ]
Word Bump 0.055944055944056 5.6% [ 8 ]
Slots 0.013986013986014 1.4% [ 2 ]
Love Faktori 0.020979020979021 2.1% [ 3 ]
zOMG 0.39160839160839 39.2% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 143 ]
1 2 3 >

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
I know, I know. You're sick of hearing about the age of infinite gold faucets and complaints about how those without the money to burn cannot keep up with the hyperinflation. But really, many of us barely make enough income to keep the lights on, the internet running, and food on the table.

So we turn towards old style gold making methods. Such as playing games.

I decided to play an old favorite after many years: Pinball.

Ah, such a fun game that one is. I can pour well over an hour in a single game if I do my best and score good power ups. It's certainly a nice exercise on the reflexes. And on top of that, maybe I can get a few thousand or so gold in the time I spend playing!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

....Oh.

Well then. I... guess I can't trust that as a reliable source for keeping up with the times... It's not worth it for the exhaustion on my right arm to be making that little in so much time spent.

It's rather sad. None of the games are adjusting to the inflation, nor do I believe there are any developers actually working on adjusting and updating the games anymore. Forum posting doesn't give you much in a day, even if you have the time to waste in an infinite bump thread. Even Booty Grab can't fork over much with the gold cap, and that is if you're lucky to find several high end tanks actually glowing at that moment.

It's rather discouraging, don't you think?

Discussion:

Left in the dust? How do you personally feel about not being able to keep up with the times through methods that were once the go-to for getting gold?

What methods have you tried, but quickly found that you're not getting enough for the time you're spending?

Proposals and fixes?

Anything else you may have to add to the subject?

Handsome Man-Lover

Have to agree.
They curbed earnings from games back when they still cared to combat inflation effectively.

To make the site more attractive to new players again they'd have to either discontinue gold gens (unlikely) or raise the winnings from games to a level that makes it possible for free users to at least somewhat keep up with the inflation. As it is now, game winnings are a drop in the bucket when it comes to affording any of the new releases.

Though I guess it's not in their best interest to have people be able to earn significant gold amounts from games. Makes more money to sell gold gens to the populace :/

Waffles

I agree too. With much better gold reward in games you'd really feel like "questing". When I first joined I spent a lot of time in jigsaw just to get myself a mimzy and other stuff rofl . I don't think the market value would go back the way it was a few years ago but it wouldn't hurt to stop it from ever rising by getting rid of gold generators, afterall I think cash shop items are selling well if not distracted by gold gens. I don't think raising the gold payouts to a few thousands would do more damage since it takes time.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Whilst actual gold earnings from games are pitiful, you can still earn a good income from games by selling certain items, and in my opinion, this is the best way to earn on Gaia if you don't have the aptitude for working the marketplace or disposable income to spend on GC.

Just a few things which you could do which will be indexed to inflation, and thus will continuously earn you a modest income.

~Fishing- this is actually the biggest earner if you have the patience to learn to fish in the toughest lake. Large Durem fish are selling for 2 mil + each, and there's no reason why you can't catch a Boldur or two every bucket if you're patient enough. By extension, medium fish are selling for 200k+ each. Fishing in Bassken is substantially easier, and will still earn you a few k per small fish you catch.

~Tickets- there's always a demand for tickets, so playing tiles or even blackjack or slots can be an okay use of your time. Tickets seem to be going for about 120 gold each, or if you want something really simple and don't mind doing mindless tasks, if you buy tokens from Prize and Joy, you can resell them for close to double your gold if you sell in bulk. That isn't exactly a game, but it is a way to profit from game items.

~ZOMG- again, the gold isn't so much in the actual grants from the game, but what you can sell from it. Certain kinds of loot (Wing Tree Leaves & Flamingo Feathers from Village Greens and any DMS loot especially) will earn you a fair bit of gold for your time.

Puzzles is one of my guilty pleasures, even though the gold earning is quite sad. I just like the feeling of making some order from chaos. I've also been a big fan of fishing since 2012 when I got into it as part of an item quest. There's something strangely soothing about the rythmic movements, and it's a low-key enough activity that you can listen to music or watch a movie while you do it. I used to be a massive ZOMG fan, and still enjoy playing from time-to-time, but the gold issue plus no staff who can work on the game to make bug fixes and changes is a bit disheartening.

Whilst removing caps on gold earning from games would increase the overall inflation, it would also act as an equilizing measure. So it could be a mixed blessing I guess. Even during the days of Dolphinmania and such, you could only earn a few millions a day, which won't mean much compared to the billions which new premium items seem to be costing, but I think that it would less disheartening for users. Regardless of gold grants from games, like I said, you can earn quite a bit by spending time wisely and selling your loot.You should all come and fish Durem with me

Wealthy Hoarder

In my point of view pinball was never the best game to win gold anyway. Even when the game came out! I love it too..

But I can't get that good of a score.

I don't think the games should be caught up with inflation. Work the card game right and you can be rich.

Angelic Nitemare

Zzyli
Whilst actual gold earnings from games are pitiful, you can still earn a good income from games by selling certain items, and in my opinion, this is the best way to earn on Gaia if you don't have the aptitude for working the marketplace or disposable income to spend on GC.

Just a few things which you could do which will be indexed to inflation, and thus will continuously earn you a modest income.

~Fishing- this is actually the biggest earner if you have the patience to learn to fish in the toughest lake. Large Durem fish are selling for 2 mil + each, and there's no reason why you can't catch a Boldur or two every bucket if you're patient enough. By extension, medium fish are selling for 200k+ each. Fishing in Bassken is substantially easier, and will still earn you a few k per small fish you catch.

~Tickets- there's always a demand for tickets, so playing tiles or even blackjack or slots can be an okay use of your time. Tickets seem to be going for about 120 gold each, or if you want something really simple and don't mind doing mindless tasks, if you buy tokens from Prize and Joy, you can resell them for close to double your gold if you sell in bulk. That isn't exactly a game, but it is a way to profit from game items.

~ZOMG- again, the gold isn't so much in the actual grants from the game, but what you can sell from it. Certain kinds of loot (Wing Tree Leaves & Flamingo Feathers from Village Greens and any DMS loot especially) will earn you a fair bit of gold for your time.

Puzzles is one of my guilty pleasures, even though the gold earning is quite sad. I just like the feeling of making some order from chaos. I've also been a big fan of fishing since 2012 when I got into it as part of an item quest. There's something strangely soothing about the rythmic movements, and it's a low-key enough activity that you can listen to music or watch a movie while you do it. I used to be a massive ZOMG fan, and still enjoy playing from time-to-time, but the gold issue plus no staff who can work on the game to make bug fixes and changes is a bit disheartening.

Whilst removing caps on gold earning from games would increase the overall inflation, it would also act as an equilizing measure. So it could be a mixed blessing I guess. Even during the days of Dolphinmania and such, you could only earn a few millions a day, which won't mean much compared to the billions which new premium items seem to be costing, but I think that it would less disheartening for users. Regardless of gold grants from games, like I said, you can earn quite a bit by spending time wisely and selling your loot.You should all come and fish Durem with me
Dude...I would totally fish in Durem if I could fish worth a rat's behind.

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I wish there's a way to get tickets faster, like betting more tokens in one go. The ticket-reward games are so repetitive. sweatdrop

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Aristeia
I wish there's a way to get tickets faster, like betting more tokens in one go. The ticket-reward games are so repetitive. sweatdrop
Tiles on expert is the way to go. One game gives you 30 tickets and if you keep going you can win up to 180 tickets if not more. Provided you don't hit game over.

Also I'm surprised no one goes to the Gaia Job Center. They provide work for Gaians that need gold, you can actually earn a lot of gold that way depending on what you're doing. It's worth looking into.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Astra Green
Also I'm surprised no one goes to the Gaia Job Center. They provide work for Gaians that need gold, you can actually earn a lot of gold that way depending on what you're doing. It's worth looking into.

I never heard of Gaia Job Center in this site before. Is it a user-run organization?

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Anamosa Valentine
Astra Green

I never heard of Gaia Job Center in this site before. Is it a user-run organization?
It's a user run guild dedicated to either finding jobs for Gaians in need of gold or giving people with gold the opportunity of finding workers needed for specific things.

The Gaian Job Center is pretty neat and well worth looking into. There's also the services subforum of the mini shops too.

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Astra Green
Aristeia
Tiles on expert is the way to go. One game gives you 30 tickets and if you keep going you can win up to 180 tickets if not more. Provided you don't hit game over.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try that.

Also, I peeked into the Gaia Job Center and the rates people offer makes me want to cry. emotion_facepalm I won't even compare it with vending. Dumpster Diving nets more gold than some of the jobs and with a lot less clicking.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Aristeia
Astra Green
Aristeia

Thanks for the tips, I'll try that.

Also, I peeked into the Gaia Job Center and the rates people offer makes me want to cry. emotion_facepalm I won't even compare it with vending. Dumpster Diving nets more gold than some of the jobs and with a lot less clicking.
It depends on the actual job though. And really every bit does indeed add up. It's like working a normal 40 hr job that pays $8 an hr. Sure at first it doesn't seem a lot but after every two weeks, it all adds up. That and if you're looking for a job, you can set your own rate.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Oh, I loved pinball when I was a noobie. Before I really got into avatars and aquariums, that's how I earned gold and had fun on this site. But yeah, I agree that they should very slightly upgrade the amount of gold you earn in the games. Maybe that'll stop the cash-loving noobs from destroying the economy with GGs.

ha. yeah right.

Noble Newb

21,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well, old crumpled newspaper is selling for 30k each at the moment. I'm too lazy to collect it in towns myself now but I could easily do 100 to 200 a day when I cared to, so that might be worth it. yum_pie

Also if you can earn 5 to 10m, opening Philosopher's Caches from the Bifrost can net you a nice amount of gold. You need to open at least 100 at a time or the odds won't really work for you, but you generally get a gold cache one out of every twenty (in the limit, that's what I average over the thousands I opened), so if you get only 5 golds in the hundred you already payed for the other 95 caches which you can use for alchemy or just sell those too for profit.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

I swear if my computer at work wasn't a pos I would so play gaia games on my breaks. For now I settle for the crossword.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff