Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Gatekeeper

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Gaian 50
Seems gaia has become more corrupt these past few months. I hoped when thy took the gold gens out of the cash shop that would be the end of it and we'd start to see a stabilisation of the market and market prices. but nope 6 days after there removal they repapered at the same cost in Gaia cash as before and with EVEN more gold to win by using them. Seems like all gaia staff can be bothered with now is a turn in profit.

Not that this is really a bad move for a business model just a shady one that makes their customers distrust them a little more each time they break a promise. This can be seen as breaching trading standards. If they make a pledge and do not hold to it they are breaking a verbal ( or in the case of Gaia) or written contract with it's customers. Even though this sight is aimed at teens and young adults the trading polices Gaia are doing are seen in mass corporations such as Starbucks who have breached tax's etc in other country's.

I give this sight another 6 months before a proper investigation by a trading standards agency is held and they decide to close it down or place restrictions on what the staff may and may not do as part of a new trade agreement.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
OpalOnyx
Edward Snowden
I have this WILD theory I'd like to propose. I've been watching this thread—waiting for the right moment to jump in. Since it seems to be taking a turn towards skepticism again, I'm going to make a few of you go "Hm...."

First off, Zero Omega is correct when he says the gold is "legit" and not the result of an exploit or glitch. Aside from a few whispers here and there, no evidence (anecdotal or otherwise) has shown that there was a glitch in the gold generators. We can rest assured that they would not lie about this.

What if I told you that "LicorSkein" isn't an ordinary user account? That this user is actually a mule account being controlled by Gaia staff to make purchases and manipulate market prices? That perhaps, though only one of a few possibilities, they purchased the ticket to remove it from the system and create less of a burden for their artists? Keep in mind, that's merely one of several possibilities and I'm sure you can think of other reasons why such a transaction would have been made. As mentioned by Gash Thrashum, the account's post history doesn't match up with their gold total and also as evidenced, the account purchased a brand new item for a terribly high price. Why would they do this? One could say it's an inconspicuous way of raising the average buy price on brand new items to artificially lower supply and make an exclusive item more difficult for non-cash users to purchase, thus giving people a reason to purchase more RIGs from the shop.

The implication here is that staff is (or has been for a long time) manipulating prices to encourage more cash shop purchases through the use of mule accounts. That they could be removing tickets from the system to lessen their workload. That they've been injecting more gold into the system artificially. That they can't be trusted.

While it may seem like they're being truthful on a surface level, and in this case, were truthful about the question regarding gold generators glitching, they aren't telling you exactly where that gold came from or what it's being used for/why it's being done. They can call the gold "legit" and still be right because the source of the gold is Gaia staff which can generate any item or gold amount out of thin air, but the use of this gold is definitely not legitimate. Staff should not be interfering with the market in this manner behind closed doors.

On a final note, would you be surprised to learn how much gold is being held on that "LicorSkein" account? Would it surprise you to know 133,000,000,000,000 is only a small fraction of it?

This post and what it means to me as a user....

My motivation for staying on this site is hanging by a thread.

I have no words.

This "user", sounds insanely like the only staff member who still talks to us and posted that message super ******** fast...
Hmmm.
If it IS who I think it is, thank you for admitting this.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
IZACHARIEI
for those of you too lazy to read, here's basically what happened:

-person A stole art from a mod months ago

-person A bots in items/gold months later

-people decided that a mod botting in items to deflate gaia makes more sense than person A stealing art from a mod

late post is late but can i has whatever you're smokin? redface

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Spacebabie76
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Does no one else find it super suspicious that someone made an account called "Edward Snowden" Made just one post where they gave out surprisingly accurate information about secret admin activities then disappeared again.
Seriously they only have that one post.
I may have been reading these Gaia conspiracy threads for to long, but that seems suspicious, a member of staff unhappy with Gaia's moves behind the scenes?
After this debacle, I'm now perfectly willing to believe all the craziest user conspiracies.

Snowden= Deep Throat

Gash and MC=Woodward and Bernstein

This. I like this comparison. 3nodding

Kindly Conversationalist

Allow me to pop in out of nowhere and remark that I am so glad OP and others kept going despite all the insults dealt by other users and apologists at the start of this thread. Something incredibly horrible has been unearthed due to their diligence where so many others would falter and log off. I just thought that was commendable. People think that if corruption exists it will just appear on its own, plain as day, but that isn't how it happens. It takes stuff like this to dig it up and shine a light on it, naysayers and all.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

I wonder why the last post was deleted? And I wonder how long before this thread is locked.

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Karastorm
Seems gaia has become more corrupt these past few months. I hoped when thy took the gold gens out of the cash shop that would be the end of it and we'd start to see a stabilisation of the market and market prices. but nope 6 days after there removal they repapered at the same cost in Gaia cash as before and with EVEN more gold to win by using them. Seems like all gaia staff can be bothered with now is a turn in profit.
Woah woah woah... woah. Woah.

No.
That's false.

First off, if you had the dev alerts on [go [here] and up at the top, under the header, where it shows where the thread is located, It should read as " Gaia Forums » GAIA Online » Gaia News & Updates » Enable Staff Notices" Click enable Staff Notices], you'd have known they never planned to rid the site of GGs once and for all with that.
["We actually have removed the gold generators for the time being though." - Aug 6]

Second off, there were gold gens with a max payout of like 500b and the highest max payout gold gen sold gave out 1Tril. The ones they put in when they added new ones, at first they didn't even say how much, just "oodles" or "tons," which to me sounds like advertisement speak for "A hell of a lot less than what you're used to, but we don't want you to know that, so we'll make it sound appealing by being vague." When they finally did put in max payout numbers, it was 155bil.

Am I happy about GGs still being in the shop? Hell no, but I can see that they have finally nerfed the damn things at least, and what they've thrown into the shop IS less than what used to be in there.
Do not go around spreading bullshit and lies, please. Gold Gens are gross and need to go away, and Gaia's new CEO is a c**t, yes, but be ACCURATE with what you're criticizing, don't just ramble off false nonsense.

With that being said, the GGs should be nerfed even more... I'd love to see them eventually reduced to maybe aaaa 10-20mil payout, but that would take at least a few months. At that payout, I wouldn't mind them existing.

Heart Tamer

Saffrons_Curse
Karastorm
Woah woah woah... woah. Woah.

No.
That's false.

First off, if you had the dev alerts on [go [here] and up at the top, under the header, where it shows where the thread is located, It should read as " Gaia Forums » GAIA Online » Gaia News & Updates » Enable Staff Notices" Click enable Staff Notices], you'd have known they never planned to rid the site of GGs once and for all with that.
["We actually have removed the gold generators for the time being though." - Aug 6]

Second off, there were gold gens with a max payout of like 500b and the highest max payout gold gen sold gave out 1Tril. The ones they put in when they added new ones, at first they didn't even say how much, just "oodles" or "tons," which to me sounds like advertisement speak for "A hell of a lot less than what you're used to, but we don't want you to know that, so we'll make it sound appealing by being vague." When they finally did put in max payout numbers, it was 155bil.

Am I happy about GGs still being in the shop? Hell no, but I can see that they have finally nerfed the damn things at least, and what they've thrown into the shop IS less than what used to be in there.
Do not go around spreading bullshit and lies, please. Gold Gens are gross and need to go away, and Gaia's new CEO is a c**t, yes, but be ACCURATE with what you're criticizing, don't just ramble off false nonsense.

With that being said, the GGs should be nerfed even more... I'd love to see them eventually reduced to maybe aaaa 10-20mil payout, but that would take at least a few months. At that payout, I wouldn't mind them existing.

The new Golden Eggs give out much more gold than any other gold gen yet. They've been the most destructive thus far.

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Gash Thrashum
Saffrons_Curse
Herpderpin

The new Golden Eggs give out much more gold than any other gold gen yet. They've been the most destructive thus far.
>:Ua Wait what..?! hmmmmmmmmm
When did this happen??

Wild Unicorn

Gaiiiiiaaa. Repair yourself. gonk

Territorial Ship

15,150 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
crying why do this gaia, some/most gcash user/mix
are supporting you and your family via real money.
why stoop this low? emotion_facepalm

out of topic

i just wish Licor, or any mule/gaia staff give me even 10T, or even 20T then i'll be happy to buy all of my wishlist, shut my trap and be happy that i exist in this gaia community. xd

the amount of real life money i've spent here vs the gold i got from those gold gen. is very not worthit for me imo.

Nymph

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
o-HANAKO-o
Let's sew the pieces
      xxxxxx
        ||
          X` The fact about how accurate this person was and the only post caould possibly mean that it was made by a staff member or another user that feared something would happen to their account about adding 2 cents. But if it is a staff member then, this person is the last small hope of gaia. Because although it seems suspicious it could had very well been Omega on a mule giving us light without him getting in trouble. I don't see it as a bad thing if it a staff member cause they wanted us to know what was going on.

of the broken girl....together.

I wouldn't think it a bad thing IF it was a warning from someone with more insight.
I do however think it would be a sad sign of the times for staff to feel that things were bad enough to whistle blow. Especially since this site used to be all about communication between admin and users.
It's not good or any business if they start fighting amongst themselves. Though i think it'd be comforting to know there was at least one person on the users side. It would still be sad that the site had come to secrecy and backstabbing.

"Edward Snowden is an American computer professional who leaked classified information from the National Security Agency, starting in June 2013... A subject of controversy, Snowden has been variously called a hero, a whistle-blower, a dissident,a patriot, and a traitor... " (taken from Wikipedia)

hmmm that name choice though... stare stare

Something very suspicious is going on...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff