Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Heckler

I think its an interesting challenge. Roleplaying as something outside of a person's sphere of experience is difficult, and playing as a gender is definately something different from the norm.

It IS difficult though. I knew a person on a roleplay forum that did not just roleplay as a male, she told everyone she was male IRL. I kept getting wierd vibes about that and really didn't trust her for a very long time until she admitted that she was really female, and everything made sense. She didn't realize that she wasn't playing a male fully, and altough I didn't realize it either, my subconcious did because of those small clues.

So yanno, if a person has enough talent to pull it off, go for it!
Dakken Blade
I'm sure this has been done before, but I'm curious as to what you think about people on Gaia rp-ing as the opposite gender. I know there are a lot of girls that play guys, but are there any guys here who play girls?

sorry, meant for they're to be a third option saying "no"

whee

Yes. One asked to marry me... sweatdrop

I know at least one person off the top of my head that plays a girl when he's a guy.
Seth Darkheart
Fallonious Faye
What? You're Whescha? eek Or did I misinterpret that?

I have a male account that I use usually in this forum. This account hangs out in ED and the Entertainment forums a lot. But I do know two people whose main accounts are female, yet they are male.

You misinterpreted it. xd

I'm not Whescha, but I do roleplay as her character elsewhere. 3nodding

Ah. I was confused for a moment. xp
I personally know of a few guys who are using female avatars.

Dapper Humorist

Well if there is a female option, I always choose that one first because I want to get a first hand view on what it is like for the opposite gender on the forum/game. Most of the times it doesn't really make a difference, but lately when I have been picking that female option, I have been getting all sorts of sexist comments, questions on body parts, and even being asked to cyber. Is it just me, or do a lot of people just hate women?
Sorith
Well if there is a female option, I always choose that one first because I want to get a first hand view on what it is like for the opposite gender on the forum/game. Most of the times it doesn't really make a difference, but lately when I have been picking that female option, I have been getting all sorts of sexist comments, questions on body parts, and even being asked to cyber. Is it just me, or do a lot of people just hate women?

It isn't just you. razz
I don't roleplay, so I can't really add my opinion on that, but I don't mind when people have a avi of the opposite gender. I have 2 male accounts, because I want to check out the male items. I could delete my avatar and re-save as a guy, but then I'd lose my hairstyle. sad It's easier just to have another account. 3nodding
WELL I ROLEPLAY BOTH I HAVE SEVERAL AVIS OF BOTH GENDERS AS I MYSELF ARE A LITTLE GENDER CONFUSED SO IF ASKED MY REAL GENDER ITS HARD TO SAY BUT I GENREALLY CAN ROLEPLAY GIRLS SLIGHTLY EASIER THAN BOYS IF ONLY BECAUSE I CAN PUT MORE EMOTION IN FEMALE CHARACTERS.
Miss Mara
I don't roleplay, so I can't really add my opinion on that, but I don't mind when people have a avi of the opposite gender. I have 2 male accounts, because I want to check out the male items. I could delete my avatar and re-save as a guy, but then I'd lose my hairstyle. sad It's easier just to have another account. 3nodding
I concur with Miss Mara, I don't really role-play, but I see no problem in someone playing as another gender. Hell, I'd do it if I did that. It's not a big deal.

Tipsy Smoker

Haven't RPGed as the opposite sex myself, but I have no problems with it, nor would I limit myself to only playing my own gender...
My sister Moony456 plays a boy. I myself RP as girls sometimes.
well when i rp, i usulally rp a female, as a writer i need to understand better about their reacctions and junk, but ofcourse theres always the "well, you role play chicks cause your gay" statement made and so i always respond "....so?! crying yew dun wuv me"

of course i usually join rps of my friends so its s'all cool

but hey, i can rp who/what i want 3nodding
Meh, it doesn't affect me much. I know a TON of people on gaia that role-play as the opposite gender. So yeah, nothing new for me. 3nodding
I've done it before and it's not so bad. Heck, it was enjoyable and hardly seemed too different from roleplaying male characters. I've already given a few personalities, and it was rather easy to put myself through a woman's eyes. While I may not fully understand women (who does?), I still find it fun and amusing.

I've gone to Barton Town and played as a female avatar in some of the Slave threads. I tell you one thing... a lot of fun just messing with people's minds. X3; But that's beside the point.

There are also users that do it for other reasons. An acquaintance of mine, Sai, uses a male avatar because she says "I just think the clothing looks better." Jakobo, of all people, is actually a man as well, though he lost a bet I think and stayed in his female form. Either that or it makes him feel 'pretty', I don't know. :b A good number of the mods actually did that for the sake of a bet. ^_^

In summary, there is nothing wrong with it and I'm not too sure if much trouble would stir from it either. One of my friends gets a kick out of every time I say 'man boobies' because she uses a male avatar. ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff