Total Votes:[ 103 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
OMG

I checked the manga again and did a double take...omggg Gino is starting to actually look like Johnny Gambino!!

My Meili x Gino heart says nooooooo!!! But my love for character development says yesssssss!

I know most of the change in facial structure is probably mostly due to artist style, but wow!! look at that!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

VERSUS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Does anyone see the change I see? crying
Personally I prefer boyish Gino but I don't mind this more Johnny-esque Gino either.

What do you guys think about Gino's visual transformation?
Which Gino do you prefer? The Interlude one or the Out of Shadows one?

Also anyone else stoked that Gino acknowledged Meili's contribution of SAVING HIS FRIGGIN LIFE!!!!!!!

*hits sen and overseer on the head with a pan*

Here's a picture to blow your mind:
User Image

OH YEAH as for Meili, during Meili's memorial a group of us kept on thinking about ways Meili could be brought back, which include:

. Meili assimilating(?) with his mother into one being
. Meili coming back during a big battle (if it happens)
. Meili transforming into a higher being after death, like entering a godly state after leaving his earthly state
. Meili having 9 lives since he's a cat
. Meili being a bakeneko...whatever that is....but it has something to do with body parts regenerating? Not sure (add: "what I was saying about Meili earlier is that he could be a Bakeneko, as they're spirit cats with shapshifting abilities, and also, by ripping off one of its many tails, Bakeneko can produce a one-tailed copy of itself; so if Meili is in fact a bakeneko, he could've already produced a copy of himself before Zhivago got to him, and there may still be another of him (Meili) out there." )
. Meili being an amoeba...okay, maybe that doesn't have to do with resurrection...

But if you could bring Meili back, how would you do it?

Trash Immortal

I'm surprised no one is talking about this- the manga is freakin' AWESOME right now, what with so much character development going on and the art style evolving. They're doing a fabulous job with it, and I admit to looking forward to updates for it more than anything else (even RIG/EI/CS updates go second place- give me my worldbuilding and storylines)!

As for Gino, I'm a bit mixed. I do love that he's growing up and actually looking his age now, but I really hope he doesn't lose all his younger, boyish charm. Right now he looks so very vulnerable and so on the verge of not-quite-adulthood, and it's a perfect visual capture of him as he stands emotionally.

... as much as I love Meili, I'm not sure I'd want him to come back. I'm kinda digging the whole permanent consequences bit. Though Overseer and Sen being so blase over his death kinda irritates me.

Tipsy Lunatic

he's starting to look more like his father. Which is satisfying.

Lunatic

9,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
Speaking of aging. Does anyone else notice how Edmund looks a lot younger. It seems like he gave Gino some of his age.......

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
LilTigre
I'm surprised no one is talking about this- the manga is freakin' AWESOME right now, what with so much character development going on and the art style evolving. They're doing a fabulous job with it, and I admit to looking forward to updates for it more than anything else (even RIG/EI/CS updates go second place- give me my worldbuilding and storylines)!

As for Gino, I'm a bit mixed. I do love that he's growing up and actually looking his age now, but I really hope he doesn't lose all his younger, boyish charm. Right now he looks so very vulnerable and so on the verge of not-quite-adulthood, and it's a perfect visual capture of him as he stands emotionally.

... as much as I love Meili, I'm not sure I'd want him to come back. I'm kinda digging the whole permanent consequences bit. Though Overseer and Sen being so blase over his death kinda irritates me.

I was gonna try avoid quoting ppl but duuuudeee anything > brony!

*turns you into something more sane*

I know...more people need to talk about the manga!!! I wish there were a separate forum for just talking about the Gaia manga story. I bet it would attract more discussion than using the GCD crying

I think the art this time around is being drawn by Reapersun (as opposed to Saka, who draws pretty manga emotion_kirakira ). reaper does a good job too...the different art styles definitely have some impact on the story though.

He's in his young 20s I think...yeah hope he doesn't lose his boyish charm either ;D although even at the age of like, 30, a lot of men still act like kids...>.> but whatever...

IDK i'd like to see Meili come back, not only because he's so awesome *bias* but because he's the son of Gaia and Zhivago's pointy finger death was just pitiful. i'd want to see him come back as something like a ghostly entity though, less earthly, with no earthly body.

Heck even turn him into a speck of dust, an all-powerful speck of dust!!

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Drunken Jester
he's starting to look more like his father. Which is satisfying.

yes it's satisfying in a way.

it's like, the characters are aging eek
never seen that before....

*stares at Peyo*

I3oat
Speaking of aging. Does anyone else notice how Edmund looks a lot younger. It seems like he gave Gino some of his age.......

rofl

Actually i noticed that between the two manga, Edmund's nose shape also changes xd

looks like he also go a nose job

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
LilTigre

This This This. I just hope they don't force a visual age on him they takes him into adulthood, despite the fact that he is now the last Gambino male...
ugh...
emotion_donotwant stay innocent Gino... don't go all Bat on us!(obscure Batman reference.)
However, as far as Sen/Overseer are behaving, I think their behavior makes perfect sense.
Being Gods (despite their current state as mortal, I do not believe their origin as a divine type being has changed) they do not seem to really grasp the ultimate reality of mortality and therefore handle it by not handling it. Not necessarily avoiding it, as they need to acknowledge it in order to decide the possible next actions, but not facing it either.
After all, we don't truly know how all these gods think or treat each other anyway, so there's no way of knowing how they really feel about the sacrifice Meili made. (For all we know... they could have been best friends... and not everyone carries their true emotions out where everyone can see, but do we really want to see Sen breaking down right now?!?.)

I3oat

... emotion_jawdrop
I REALLY loved the panel where he was taunting Sen... emotion_yatta emotion_dowant
Maybe, he's regaining some of his youth from Johnny's actual death... Perhaps Edmund sacrificed some of his youth to keep him alive all through the other attempts... Maybe HE is why they failed before? emotion_kirakira

Lunatic

9,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
Existential Existence

rofl

Actually i noticed that between the two manga, Edmund's nose shape also changes xd

looks like he also go a nose job

Little botox here, a nose job there...

Lunatic

9,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ju Tru Nix

... emotion_jawdrop
I REALLY loved the panel where he was taunting Sen... emotion_yatta emotion_dowant
Maybe, he's regaining some of his youth from Johnny's actual death... Perhaps Edmund sacrificed some of his youth to keep him alive all through the other attempts... Maybe HE is why they failed before? emotion_kirakira
That's the panel I noticed how he got really hot. I mean, Edmund was a hot old dude but now he's like 20 years younger and hotter. How old is he suppose to be anyway? I always figured he'd be around 40 or so.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I3oat
Ju Tru Nix

... emotion_jawdrop
That's the panel I noticed how he got really hot. I mean, Edmund was a hot old dude but now he's like 20 years younger and hotter. How old is he suppose to be anyway? I always figured he'd be around 40 or so.

excuse me while i emotion_puke
;D

well i guess...whatever floats your I3oat...lol...pun...heh heh...

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ju Tru Nix
This This This. I just hope they don't force a visual age on him they takes him into adulthood, despite the fact that he is now the last Gambino male...
ugh...
emotion_donotwant stay innocent Gino... don't go all Bat on us!(obscure Batman reference.)
However, as far as Sen/Overseer are behaving, I think their behavior makes perfect sense.
Being Gods (despite their current state as mortal, I do not believe their origin as a divine type being has changed) they do not seem to really grasp the ultimate reality of mortality and therefore handle it by not handling it. Not necessarily avoiding it, as they need to acknowledge it in order to decide the possible next actions, but not facing it either.
After all, we don't truly know how all these gods think or treat each other anyway, so there's no way of knowing how they really feel about the sacrifice Meili made. (For all we know... they could have been best friends... and not everyone carries their true emotions out where everyone can see, but do we really want to see Sen breaking down right now?!?.)

That sounds like a really good assessment with how they're (not)handling the situation lol
by avoiding it...

from the previous mangas i got the feeling that sen/overseer/meili were close friends but i guess that assumption could be wrong.

Lunatic

9,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
Existential Existence
I3oat
Ju Tru Nix

... emotion_jawdrop

;D

HUSH, HUSH. YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME OF THAT SAG. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WRINKLES?

Trash Immortal

Existential Existence

I was gonna try avoid quoting ppl but duuuudeee anything > brony!

*turns you into something more sane*

I know...more people need to talk about the manga!!! I wish there were a separate forum for just talking about the Gaia manga story. I bet it would attract more discussion than using the GCD crying

I think the art this time around is being drawn by Reapersun (as opposed to Saka, who draws pretty manga emotion_kirakira ). reaper does a good job too...the different art styles definitely have some impact on the story though.

He's in his young 20s I think...yeah hope he doesn't lose his boyish charm either ;D although even at the age of like, 30, a lot of men still act like kids...>.> but whatever...

IDK i'd like to see Meili come back, not only because he's so awesome *bias* but because he's the son of Gaia and Zhivago's pointy finger death was just pitiful. i'd want to see him come back as something like a ghostly entity though, less earthly, with no earthly body.

Heck even turn him into a speck of dust, an all-powerful speck of dust!!

But I liked being a brony! Augh, get the Star Wars off meeee, George Lucas is evil! Dx (I swore I would destroy him on sight for ever making Episode I. Worst movie EVER.)

I think if the manga updated more regularly it would have a section. But I haven't even seen a mashup thread for this one... I'm sad now. I miss the old days when every new manga installation would immediately get a mashup thread and bunches of bad 5 dollar footlong jokes.

I'm pretty fond of Reapersun's art, so I don't mind the change. Not entirely sure it's her, though. Either way, the art change, to me, is pretty welcome. It's developed a more realistic, gritty edge that really brings out the personalities of the characters. (Don't get me started on men who act like kids. I work with a bunch of ex-military guys and sometimes it's like working with kindergarteners!)

... I could dig a more ethereal Meili. Though I think Lanzer said Meili was gone for good....

Ju Tru Nix
ugh...
stay innocent Gino... don't go all Bat on us!(obscure Batman reference.)

Good point. I keep forgetting they're still new to the whole 'mortal' thing. I think the length of time between manga chapters is to blame for that- what's just a few weeks or months in manga time is years for us. Kinda dicks with my time sense. xD

Player

He's looking hot now. Which I like. The story is interesting. I'm loving this and the new artsu. Hope Gino still stays with his boyish charm, but more grown up. He can't always look young, can he? He needs to be a man and look like one. cool

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I3oat
Existential Existence
I3oat
Ju Tru Nix

... emotion_jawdrop

;D

HUSH, HUSH. YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME OF THAT SAG. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WRINKLES?

so are you saying you'd also chase sagatha too?

i'm not into older people but i guess if you're into experience edmund would be a good candidate. he does know how to woo the ladies

but no, i do not want any of that sag. i do not like them, Sag-I-am. Would I like them in a house? Would i like them with a mouse? I do not like them in a house. I do not like them with a mouse. i do not like them here nor there. i do not like them anywhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff