Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

Uncle Kenny
All I confirm is that it'll be something we've never done before. Look for more information as we actually get closer to the Summer months.

Something you've never done before can still include an us Vs. them element with an ultimate winner though. The event in 2010 was "something you've never done before" and it really didn't foster the community. Heck, by the time we got the event people were tired of it pretty fast and it dragged on for far too long. The events in 2007, 2008, 2011, and 2012 all fostered the community spirit and gave us something to pull for. The one in 2009 with Camp Chaos, while it did have the us Vs. them element to it the community aspect was barely there was nothing to really work for as team with an ultimate winner.

Look at what's worked in the past and take that to heart. People want the summer event to have a team element to it because it fosters a good sense of community.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Uncle Kenny
All I confirm is that it'll be something we've never done before. Look for more information as we actually get closer to the Summer months.
>.>

Christmas in july?

Lightbringer

20,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Yeata Zi
Uncle Kenny
>.>

Christmas in july?

Shh, let it go, Zi.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
The Undead Suitor
Druddigon

Dude, you think everything is s**t. lol

I didn't think the last halloween was s**t

Or the demi-god christmas event (in fact, the event where overseer and sentinel build their ship on the event page is probably my favorite event ever)

Or any Easter (maybe not this one, since the eggs being in posts and the "switching" mechanic kinda kill any conversation in the even forum)

Or the pie-eating contest

Or the 2008 Rejected Olympics

In fact, even though both Olympics were about bite-sized flash games, the 08 event presented them so much better because they knew they were bite-sized flash games, and treated them as such. You never played one for more than 30 seconds, and the different assets for each made them feel fresh when you had to play a certain type more than once.

2012 on the other hand, took those same 5 flash games, go rid of the variety of assets and backgrounds, and extended them from bite-sized flash explosions into droning tedious finger killers.

They assumed that if people liked playing the games for 30 seconds they'll love them 10 times as much playing them for 5-6 minutes!

spoiler

we didn't

I may seem like I complain about everything, but there's a method to my madness.

Aekea won.

'snot all bad.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Stellar Phoenix
Yeata Zi
Uncle Kenny
>.>

Christmas in july?

Shh, let it go, Zi.
NEVAAAAAAAR! *rolls around*

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Two hints for Summer...
what will happen at the end of the Easter event
and
"What the Fluff"

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I don't see how the Animated can attack this summer, they're in maintenance mode!

Time-traveling Senshi

Narumi Misuhara
Two hints for Summer...
and
"What the Fluff"

If it's going to be more Diedrich you can be sure to have a lot of disappointed people on your hands.

Distinct Explorer

something they've never done before? Has a summer event ever focused on the world map before? Maybe we'll get something involving the forever ignored world map!

please let it be something with the world map!

The world map could use some good ol summer event love!

have I said 'world map' enough, yet?

Hinthint, Gaia. world map.

Cat

There's still snow on my lawn, why are we speculating about the summer event?

Anyone fancy to speculate what might 2016's December MC might be?

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Screw that, I'm wondering about Christmas 2057.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Chibi Halo
Narumi Misuhara
Two hints for Summer...
and
"What the Fluff"

If it's going to be more Diedrich you can be sure to have a lot of disappointed people on your hands.

50% disappointment. Really loud, moany disappointment.

But for some reason, the other 50% of Gaia loves the little ********. I can't understand why.

Tiny Alchemist

So, something to do with fluffs and the end of this event...

Diedrich carries fluffs to every corner of Gaia, expecting to spread cuteness and cheer across our lovely nation/world/whatever. However, as there is no protection force in Gambino, Aekea or Durem, the fluffs quickly over populate and take over these towns. The event will make use of forums, the world map, towns 2 (I expect the full version will be out around then) and zOMG.

Devoted Husband

Yeata Zi
Chibi Halo
Narumi Misuhara
Two hints for Summer...
and
"What the Fluff"

50% disappointment. Really loud, moany disappointment.

But for some reason, the other 50% of Gaia loves the little ********. I can't understand why.

Samuel gives an irritated sigh.

It is entirely to be contrary, my dear.

I have grown to expect little else of people.

Hardcore Muse

Shattered Spectrum
There's still snow on my lawn, why are we speculating about the summer event?

Anyone fancy to speculate what might 2016's December MC might be?

There will be unicorns. Glorious unicorns of death...
emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces