Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Succubus

We are way less focussed on storyline, and much more on item releases.

It's not a discussion board so much anymore, as an item discussion and list guide forum.

Which makes me sad. The actual discussions get drowned out by item lists, which in all reality, are far more suited to guides and resources, but word of god says otherwise.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Like others have said - the GCD has pretty much become the host forum for item lists. Considering the frequency to which the GC shop gets updated compared with everything else on the site - it's no wonder. Then again, most of the discussion in these threads tend to be whether you like an item or not, while the rest is pretty much spam.

The other half of this forum is a bunch of fan threads, while most other generalized discussion about Gaia come sparsely and after a few replies on average they quickly fall off the front page. All of that said, I think the GCD has become somewhat of a clique like some forums on the site.

Angelic Nitemare

Chaotic Wishes

I mean, if you think of it like that, at least it shows they're listening to their user-base ish.

Oh, the desire to do so is there. Some of the folks at HQ really do wanna make the site awesome.

But it takes a while for stuff to get rolling, and sometimes it's a limitation on what they can do financially/technically. And some times, it's red tape.-lol-

Plus they have to do what works for them as a business. And that's making items. So that's what gets the most updates.

Wild Bookworm

GCD makes me so sad. I used to come here for discussion about all sorts of community related stuff, and because people related to each other, and laughs and wit and personalities. Now there's one or maybe two threads like that, the rest is all dull as ditch-water.
I'm ok with there being fanthreads for NPCs, but not for items stare

Intergalactic Recruit

The GCD is still my main forum as well. I've always been more of a lurker, but have become even more so over the last year as Gaia's changes just made me sour and I was getting tired of complaining about it all the time.

Since the typical discussion topics have been done to death, as many have pointed out, and I'm not here as often as I used to be lately, the Item List topics have been really helpful. A new item/Recolor is pretty much released every single day, and Tektek hasn't been keeping up with Gaia like it used to. Trying to keep track of all the new items is a real handful and I do appreciate the work put into these daily item release topics even if I never have any reason to reply in them.

Gaia just isn't as engaging as it used to be, really, over the years, the entire internet hasn't been as engaging as it used to be. Pretty sad because discussions, even if you never made any friends out of them, were pretty cool to have back in the day.

I do enjoy seeing familiar faces even in this very thread from users who have been here for years.
jettisoned corpse
The GCD is still my main forum as well. I've always been more of a lurker, but have become even more so over the last year as Gaia's changes just made me sour and I was getting tired of complaining about it all the time.

Since the typical discussion topics have been done to death, as many have pointed out, and I'm not here as often as I used to be lately, the Item List topics have been really helpful. A new item/Recolor is pretty much released every single day, and Tektek hasn't been keeping up with Gaia like it used to. Trying to keep track of all the new items is a real handful and I do appreciate the work put into these daily item release topics even if I never have any reason to reply in them.

Gaia just isn't as engaging as it used to be, really, over the years, the entire internet hasn't been as engaging as it used to be. Pretty sad because discussions, even if you never made any friends out of them, were pretty cool to have back in the day.

I do enjoy seeing familiar faces even in this very thread from users who have been here for years.
Call me Rudolph, babe. You're sleighing me. For real, though: I think I torqued my lats on the way over. I'm in need of some medical attention.

Heart Tamer

Honestly, the GCD has been pretty dead for a while, and quite dull. Most topics are mere item lists that contain the collective excitement of regulars for about the span of two minutes while a quarter of posts amount to a circle-jerk over "checkmate blue" releases. Boredom soon sets in and people move on. Then there are fandom topics and new threads at least two or three times a day inquiring about Gaia's endorsement of hyperinflation. Last but not least, there are jaded, bitter users such as myself who like to complain but don't actively make interesting topics to effect change. To my credit, there isn't much to discuss with the current state of the website, though! emotion_omnomnom
Antiq
GCD makes me so sad. I used to come here for discussion about all sorts of community related stuff, and because people related to each other, and laughs and wit and personalities. Now there's one or maybe two threads like that, the rest is all dull as ditch-water.
I'm ok with there being fanthreads for NPCs, but not for items stare

I'm starting to get the feeling that perhaps there just are that many people around anymore. I feel like I definitely stuck around discussions because I felt there were interesting people there.

jettisoned corpse

Besides 'omg inflation' threads, what topics are ones that have been done to death? I feel like even if Gaia hasn't really put out content, this board's run on personal anecdotes, as well, so I'm curious as to if those have been also discussed out.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I used to love it here, back in the day when Fleep would hang out with us and gold shop updates and manga updates were literally the most fun ever.
It was even cool and welcoming a bit over a year ago, now I can't even see half of the people who are being quoted. I'm not sure why I'm on everyone's block-list as I rarely post here anyway.

I don't like posting in the GCD anymore, I get ignored or bitched at for stating any opinion.
It's pretty prommie now, reminds me of what the GD was.

Basically, I only come here now to see what the new items are from rigs and events. And usually have to do it on a mule. xp
I really think the typical gcder personality hasn't changed since 2005
But considering how this place has been gutted clean over the years by subforums and (now more than ever) a lack of creativity
it's not really surprising
nor is it fun
but those types never were

If some gears started turning and the mods let some slightly out of place community building slide things might happen
But until then there's nothing to do but kiss a** and live up to all the "gaiafag" stereotypes of old

Dapper Gaian

When I was younger I used to enjoy coming to this side of the board. Reading what is new, and what new item lists are coming around and about. It was exciting, I even remember causing a up roar or something back then too. I was pretty young and stupid back then but I don't know why but I just enjoy coming back to this board. My interest on gaia has gone down dramatically, but even then when I do log in I always check the GCD. I don't even know if people even knew who I was, back then my username used to be Roxore. lawl, anyways peace.

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

Cheapskate Bruce
ugh, I never understood those "official" unofficial threads. I mean, people do surely realize that any user made thread is always 100% unofficial. Sticking "official" on there used to grate my gears back when. Those fan threads -past and present- have 0% discussion or theories, just a lot of off-topic talk, and people being uninterested in anything really.

Fan threads are fine, just please no one ever use "official" again unless you work for Gaia and what you post is canon.

I think the reason those popped up is because back when Gaia was MUCH more active than they are now, it was a good way to help keep there from being 50 threads about the same thing, sort of a long-term thread on something specific and official got into the names to promote their usage over similar threads. They also tended to be the threads that staff occasionally posted in, which gave them some measure of formality.

As dead as we've been lately, there's really no need for competing threads or methods of keeping the board clean as it's a struggle to get any kind of conversation going beyond item updates.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff