Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gauntlets & Goblins -- Y/N?

Yes 0.52380952380952 52.4% [ 198 ]
No 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 90 ]
To get to your mum's Gauntlet first I have to defeat her Goblin 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 378 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Rare

THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE ADVENTURING RIG I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR.

In the ever shrinking topics to cover for possible RIGs, we have this month's: not Dungeons & Dragons (to avoid another Bento Bunny fiasco) but Gauntlets & Goblins. Oddly enough I have to be reminded of that Magic School RIG from last year that I can't even be arsed to know the name of, but of course in this you're dealing with being an actual fighter archer mage thief ADVENTURER and not a Hogwarts student.

Anyway the items cover up the males (because it's cold I guess) but bare all for the females (because tits or GTFO). The thing that caught me off guard were just how flashy these items turned out to be-- when you think "RPG Adventurer" your mind doesn't jump to "Neon Sign." Green seems to be the most common blaring color.

The art is copy-and-paste of back of adventurer over front of monster over woodland background, making it no the most innovative thing. It's kind of like playing Pokémon, even with the overplayed animations and sequences, except you're gambling.

I'll write something snarky about the chances soon enough.

Discuss:

-Gauntlets &Goblins-- Y/N?
-The Art
-The Items
-The Chances
-I secretly like it

EDIT: Poll glitched out, is now fixed.

NOW JUST GIVE ME MY PUNK/URBAN RIG GAIA

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
        YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!
        I love pretty much everything except for some of the pastel-y items. But I'm so happy...and sad...because I almost have 3M saved up for my quest and that is likely to go down very soon (as soon as prices start to drop).

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I like it....

Most of the items i'll never use but it's a little more fresh than past stuff.

Still wish they ditched making all these new characters and went with the old NPCs...no depth...no depth...fishies swimming in tiny ponds....dying when the puddle dries up. caked mud...blah blah blah

i like that one scenic pose in Epic Journey though...it reminds me of Rivendell from the LoTR movie

*pokes Gaia for loading so slow*

Blessed Bunny

I've never loved a RIG so much. O_O
And I thought I wanted a freakin' Lolita rig.
WRONG.
Those Talisman of Good/Evil, and the Dragon Knight... I usually don't like all of those parts in the RIG (the two set items, and then those big companion item items) but homg. O_O

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I didn't fall in love with any of the items, but I love the concept of the RIG a lot.

I agree with Existential about the creation of new characters over old.
It would be great to see more attention focused on the older characters before jumping into new ones. User Image

Impassioned Lionheart

I spent money. I've actually spent money. emotion_donotwant That is how much I like this RIG.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
YES OMG BEST RIG OF ALL TIME

Rare

Saint Ciel
I've never loved a RIG so much. O_O
And I thought I wanted a freakin' Lolita rig.
WRONG.
Those Talisman of Good/Evil, and the Dragon Knight... I usually don't like all of those parts in the RIG (the two set items, and then those big companion item items) but homg. O_O

The obi in the good talisman.

I'VE WANTED AN OBI LIKE THAT FOR SO LONG

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
This one is a definite YES for me! I've added several items to my wishlist, more than from any other RIG in a long time. Lots of great clothing, items, and AMAZING backgrounds. My only complaint is the lack of companion items. There are only a few. cat_crying

xMichikun's Fav

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Yay for the art as always. I'm still looking it over because it's so gorgeous. <3
But the RIG itself is a hit and miss for me.
I think the quality of the items are fabulous,
but I wouldn't see myself ever using most of those items.
Thank goodness the ones I actually like are cheap or fail items. XD

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
hmmm....i've been thinking...and thinking....

....but does anyone get the sneaking suspicion that the animal art in the CI are rejected moga designs that were slapped in? xd

We don't get any items mirrored after the enemy monsters (except for that 1 dragon)...

Cutie-Pie

does anyone know the name of the RIG pet?

Anxious Shapeshifter

AUGH YES. YES THIS IS AWESOME. Damn I love Kipling's design.

Is it bad that I now ship him and Edmund. Because I totally ship it.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
the items are nice

but its still just generic fantasy, which is nothing new for rigs. The only thing that changes are the names.

and its not really D&D as much as it's just JRPG with dice. I mean, I dont think D&D has many Flan monsters....

Overall:

*above-mediocre items

*already bland theme ruined by combining it with another even blander theme (cause we needed more jrpg stuff on this site. really)

*lack of good armor in the one theme that really required it., I mean, you can kind of excuse the lack of armor from the other RIGs because it doesn't fit the theme. But to build an entire RIG around Dungeons and Dragons and then cop-out on armor? It's a ******** shame.

Honestly, its a C+ in my book.

Chital's Husband

Noob

Yes I like it, especially the background items. ;D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items