Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Bit

Yeah some of the feminine items are pretty expensive. Fortunately for me, a lot of pastel-y items have become a major turn off. I can't stomach items like workshop flora. Good for the wallet.

On the other hand I squeed internally at Beat em up being only 10k, that vest is awesome.

Also I broke my general rule of not purchasing items above sellback on rig day. I always wait for deflation 2-3 weeks after rig release. I had to get the General Wenqian item, the colors were just too good, my fingers moved all on their own!! Imo it was a steal at 100k!

I don't know video game references, but alot of items were darker colors, non-frilly and not to pricey, which made me very happy on the whole.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think they're cheap 'cause nobody can find them easily on the MP unless they use the CI list, which in itself is not widely known to people especially the portion of users who don't use the forums.

I posted a flag counter on the first page of Winter's list and during the first day of CI opening, less than 5,000 people visited the page (that's counting pageviews...not unique visitors too) yet there were around 19,000 people online when the CI opened. Which means only 1/4th of people on Gaia knew the GCD list existed to see all the items.

As of now the counter says "This counter has been viewed 7,960 times by 4,120 visitors!" even though there are 11,000 people online right now...which probably means that less than half those people know the CI lists exists.

So you can figure that if it's harder for people to find the CI items, they're not going to buy them. Thus decreased demand in the MP, thus lower prices.

IMO the faster falling prices are a side effect of what happens when Gaia makes difficult CI tags that you can't really use well to track new CI items.

Some people have no idea what's new and what's old, so when they follow the "game on" tags it makes it difficult to monitor or even tell what the new stuff is from this CI, if there are already 200+ listings with "game" tagged to them.

Big Member

Oddly cheap? More like oddly affordable. I can actually buy most of the ones I like.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Ambiverted
Yeah some of the feminine items are pretty expensive. Fortunately for me, a lot of pastel-y items have become a major turn off. I can't stomach items like workshop flora. Good for the wallet.

On the other hand I squeed internally at Beat em up being only 10k, that vest is awesome.

Also I broke my general rule of not purchasing items above sellback on rig day. I always wait for deflation 2-3 weeks after rig release. I had to get the General Wenqian item, the colors were just too good, my fingers moved all on their own!! Imo it was a steal at 100k!

I don't know video game references, but alot of items were darker colors, non-frilly and not to pricey, which made me very happy on the whole.

A lot of them were also rarer colored like neon green and orange which a lot of desu peeps avoid.

Special Snowflake

I think there is a few which are lower than I'd thought they'd be, but.... mostly more attainable prices rather than cheap. Unfortunately, not cheap enough for me xd Shows me for going on hiatus rofl

Does the Gaia population of activity decrease during the summer months may be? Or perhaps the lack of more "feminine" items mean that the demand is less for the items perhaps? ... Maybe the drop rates for better items are better than in previous RIGs?

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Kinda funny how I'm not actually interested in the expensive items. The cheap ones are so nice.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Sand Dancer Shaka
I think there is a few which are lower than I'd thought they'd be, but.... mostly more attainable prices rather than cheap. Unfortunately, not cheap enough for me xd Shows me for going on hiatus rofl

Does the Gaia population of activity decrease during the summer months may be? Or perhaps the lack of more "feminine" items mean that the demand is less for the items perhaps? ... Maybe the drop rates for better items are better than in previous RIGs?

I think less ''feminine'' items are a factor here. This I think is one of the more 'neutral' and male-oriented RIGs out there. I think it's a plus factor that we move a bit away from froufrou.

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
well i like how some of the items i'm really interested in have gone down in price XD. i don't have the gold for the super expensive awesome items. sweatdrop

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Senti-du-Bon
Kinda funny how I'm not actually interested in the expensive items. The cheap ones are so nice.

I agree with you on this.
Normally I'm hopping on the super expensive 3m male leg mod train. XD
But for this RIG it's the lower range items I turned out liking.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

August Star Of Heaven
Sand Dancer Shaka

I think less ''feminine'' items are a factor here. This I think is one of the more 'neutral' and male-oriented RIGs out there. I think it's a plus factor that we move a bit away from froufrou.

Could also be the bag MP tagging for Game On. XD

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Yorugami
Senti-du-Bon

I agree with you on this.
Normally I'm hopping on the super expensive 3m male leg mod train. XD
But for this RIG it's the lower range items I turned out liking.

Yeah! I just bought the psychonauts item. It's so nice.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

Yorugami

Everyone is holding onto their gold for the end of summer sale. Sellers that usually make their gold off of new rig items are getting desperate.

There are also more people online because of summer vacation. More people = more people opening rigs = more items = deflated prices.

Someone was nice enough to sell me a new rig item 20k under the sellback price.

Devoted Loiterer

haven't noticed, since all of the items aren't up my alley, Too generic.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Myrielle
I actually want them cheaper. I don't have a lot of gold right now.
This is my thoughts.

Maybe the Gaia economy is stabilizing?

xMill's Partner

Winter Hue
About a third of the items I want are above 1mil. > ^ >
So I wish for the gods of deflation to descend upon the land.

*stares at Workshop Flora and Butterfly Kick* Why WHY?!
Why can't I catch either of you at a missprice?
It is the only way I am going to be able to afford either of you.
There were quite a few 1.8-1.9m BK listings during the initial release. cry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces