Welcome to Gaia! ::

Special Snowflake

Michelle Chiba
Sand Dancer Shaka

Thanks for the list, could you alter this one though?
It's actually a reference to Big Boss of the Metal Gear Solid Series. While commonly confused (because Big Boss prefers to be called "Snake" and not "Big Boss" ), both characters are actually very different with Solid being a clone of Big Boss and having different personality traits.

Evidence:
Big Boss has his right eye covered and smokes cigars, while Solid has both his eyes (although the left is covered by a "Solid eye" in MGS 4) and prefers to smoke cigarettes. Big Boss also has a full beard, where Solid doesn't. Where fans all thought his run was done, Kojima announced Big Boss's return for MGS V which fits the description of the item. The MGS V trailer shows someone presumed to be Big Boss with a machine-like hand as well in Phantom Pain ^^;;;
Sure.. I re-edit that. BTW,Beat'em up is NOT just reference to "Street of Rage",it reference to scroll-winding 90's fighting games (Final Fight,Double Dragon,etc.) I'll add "street of rage to reference list.

Thanks! ^^

... I didn't say anything about beat 'em ups though? Or was that meant for someone else? I thought the the Double Dragons was correct for that item, as in the Neon version they wear similar jackets, and have the kidnapped girlfriend... I did think it could've been Final Fight but don't remember the game clearly enough to remember if they had meat like that in it.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
Michelle Chiba
Sand Dancer Shaka

Thanks for the list, could you alter this one though?
It's actually a reference to Big Boss of the Metal Gear Solid Series. While commonly confused (because Big Boss prefers to be called "Snake" and not "Big Boss" ), both characters are actually very different with Solid being a clone of Big Boss and having different personality traits.

Evidence:
Big Boss has his right eye covered and smokes cigars, while Solid has both his eyes (although the left is covered by a "Solid eye" in MGS 4) and prefers to smoke cigarettes. Big Boss also has a full beard, where Solid doesn't. Where fans all thought his run was done, Kojima announced Big Boss's return for MGS V which fits the description of the item. The MGS V trailer shows someone presumed to be Big Boss with a machine-like hand as well in Phantom Pain ^^;;;
Sure.. I re-edit that. BTW,Beat'em up is NOT just reference to "Street of Rage",it reference to scroll-winding 90's fighting games (Final Fight,Double Dragon,etc.) I'll add "street of rage to reference list.

Thanks! ^^

... I didn't say anything about beat 'em ups though? Or was that meant for someone else? I thought the the Double Dragons was correct for that item, as in the Neon version they wear similar jackets, and have the kidnapped girlfriend... I did think it could've been Final Fight but don't remember the game clearly enough to remember if they had meat like that in it.
and your welcome.I was talking to everyone that was on this thread about the "beat'em up" item.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Just to make a correction, Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph isn't from Call of Duty (given that's a real game). The name of the game in the film is Hero's Duty.

Or maybe you were just saying there's a female soldier in the real Call of Duty that is referenced too, I can't tell.

Tipsy Fatcat

10,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Michelle Chiba
Sleepy Scrib
Anyone have any thoughts on Ivory Warrior? It's giving me Shadow of the Colossus vibes because of the "lonely warrior in a lonely land" description and the legs and other things make me think of the 3rd Colossi in the game. I'm probably wrong, but that's my theory haha
You got any evidence this related? I look up to the reference. it does have that description but still evidence to support it.

I'm not 100% that it even is Shadow of the Colossus. It was mostly a gut feeling and I mentioned it to see if anyone else knew for sure.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
The Musical Ninja
Just to make a correction, Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph isn't from Call of Duty (given that's a real game). The name of the game in the film is Hero's Duty.

Or maybe you were just saying there's a female soldier in the real Call of Duty that is referenced too, I can't tell.
"Hero of Duty" is Parody of "Call of Duty" and I was referencing to the female character from CoD2:BOP I was thinking Wreck-it Ralph's female character is reference to Call of Duty series.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
half of these refs went over my head and the other half i have no opinion on emotion_sweatdrop and i was so ready to recognize everything, do the cabbage patch, and spend alla dis gold emotion_8c

King Noob

Michelle Chiba

User Image-references to reference to Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph and female from " Call of Duty"

The arms for that item look like Chief's arms in halo 2

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Grace Gubreez
Michelle Chiba

User Image-references to reference to Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph and female from " Call of Duty"

that what I think it was..let me look into more evendance on this.
EDIT:YOU ARE RIGHT!! the gun is a dead giveway! I'm Editing this NOW!

King Noob

Michelle Chiba
Grace Gubreez
Michelle Chiba

that what I think it was..let me look into more evendance on this.

yep it even has the 5 spots on the hand. ^ ^

Enigmatic Hunter

24,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
129k/200k User Image

User Image
I'm sure Koji the Red Fox is a reference to both Hideo Kojima (creator of MGS) and his FOXHOUND and Koji Kondo.... Why Koji Kondo? Well, he composed the music of the Mario games and Gaia's header is a reference to Mario games... also, this may be an stretch but, a fox's cry is transcribed as kon kon in japanese as in Kondo...

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
caster-class servant
129k/200k User Image

User Image
I'm sure Koji the Red Fox is a reference to both Hideo Kojima (creator of MGS) and his FOXHOUND and Koji Kondo.... Why Koji Kondo? Well, he composed the music of the Mario games and Gaia's header is a reference to Mario games... also, this may be an stretch but, a fox's cry is transcribed as kon kon in japanese as in Kondo...
Oh thank-you! I'll add this as well! I didn't know he composed the music to Super Mario Bros! sweatdrop

Blessed Inquisitor

12,125 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
First person problems doesn't really look anything like Master chief, it does however seem to reference the scene from wreck it ralph involving the first person shooter, and looks like the armour worn by Sargeant Calhoun

23,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bidding War 100
Thank you so much gaia artist for the beautiful "Fly to the Moon" rig item smile

I am wanting to the "Bound Warlock" blaugh

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Aurelus LaCrois
First person problems doesn't really look anything like Master chief, it does however seem to reference the scene from wreck it ralph involving the first person shooter, and looks like the armour worn by Sargeant Calhoun
are you sure? she does look like master chief in the movie but the item from this reference:
the gun is clearly dead give away.

Blessed Inquisitor

12,125 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
It looks nothing like the battle rifle, even the gun looks more like calhoun's. Ill give that the hand plates have the same dots but that's the only similarity

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff