Welcome to Gaia! ::

Morzan
Puerilass
Ah s**t I just figured it out too.

Ok Go to Isle de Gambino.

Roll over the bank so that it pops up green and make sure it goes back down to normal.

Now pass your mouse over gambino's mansion.

If its doing it the same for you as it just did for me. Then the bank should pop up green again.

Roll over it and then make sure it goes back down.

now the little store with the swords, roll your mouse over that slowly making sure not to touch the bank. What happens?

Hmmm...took me a while to notice what happened. 3nodding

Intruiging...

Its a glitch in the image mapping which leads me to believe that the image map is trying to find what its supposed to activate but can't so it does the next best thing based on alphabetical order. The bank.
Morzan
Puerilass

Roll over the bank so that it pops up green and make sure it goes back down to normal.

If its doing it the same for you as it just did for me. Then the bank should pop up green again.

now the little store with the swords, roll your mouse over that slowly making sure not to touch the bank. What happens?

Intruiging...
what happend??? >_> it does not work for me
death69
Morzan
Puerilass

Intruiging...
what happend??? >_> it does not work for me

When rolling your mouse over gambinos mansion or the store with the swords *not an active store* the bank image map should pop up green.

This could not possible happen unless the image map had been told it was supposed to be activating something if your mouse rolled over it. Some image maps can be primative and if it can't find the thing its supposed to activate, it will activate the next thing based on alphabetical order.
....... eek
Slagar
....... eek

Blow your mind?
Puerilass
Slagar
....... eek

Blow your mind?

nope, just thinking about what other possible things he could be doing with the money....... sweatdrop

Original Gaian

Puerilass

I think that's just an error with the image map used on the maps - the mouseover area (which makes the different buildings "pop up" when you hold the pointer over them) for each of the buildings is defined by a series of coordinates that mark the corners of the shape. One of those coordinates for the bank is in the wrong place, somewhere up near the top of the map, so the clickable area for the bank is distorted beyond the actual image of the bank itself. If that makes sense.

'S just a coding glitch, I believe. 3nodding

EDIT: Uh, what Puerilass said. sweatdrop
what the second bar is for:

User Image
Zahir
Puerilass

I think that's just an error with the image map used on the maps - the mouseover area (which makes the different buildings "pop up" when you hold the pointer over them) for each of the buildings is defined by a series of coordinates that mark the corners of the shape. One of those coordinates for the bank is in the wrong place, somewhere up near the top of the map, so the clickable area for the bank is distorted beyond the actual image of the bank itself. If that makes sense.

'S just a coding glitch, I believe. 3nodding

EDIT: Uh, what Puerilass said. sweatdrop

If it was just a coordinate coding glitch then when you clicked it would take you to the bank. It doesn't. It doesn't have a link.

Original Gaian

Puerilass
If it was just a coordinate coding glitch then when you clicked it would take you to the bank. It doesn't. It doesn't have a link.

Might the mouseover coordinates and hyperlink coordinates be different systems?
Zahir
Puerilass

Might the mouseover coordinates and hyperlink coordinates be different systems?

Shouldn't be. From what I remember of my HTML coding days. It was all done of the same line. IE

<Tirtc "coordinates" activate"rollover" link"url"> they would put it all in the same set of <> this would reduce errors. I haven't checked the HTML of that page. but most likely its been translated from some other website publishing code like XML or PHP
eek Wow. Is that to mean that the battle system is imminent?!? Oohoohooh! I'm all excited!
Ok I just tried looking at the HTML and it doesn't seem like the banks coordinates are outcasted from where they should be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff