Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Gambino's bar goes up over time?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 17, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >
the longer the drive runs...

The more money that will be pulled.

The less chance for inflation.

Thats my final answer

Shy Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'm just going to look for sense in that now.
if theres too much money out, then things become really easy to buy because all of a sudden, everyone can afford it.
If things become easier to afford then "rare" or "costly" items wont be as special.
Because of that, Mods of gaia would have to Raise the prices of goods because they would of course want to keep "costly" things expensive.
SO. The put a a donation drive for Gambino because they know there are so many Gambino Supporters, they'll obviously donate.

Thus ridding Gaia of so much money in cirrculation.
In turn, keeping them from raising prices or causing inflation.

The longer the donation drive runs... the more money they get out of gaia because of course people are going to be "generious" when it comes to Gambino, a (NON PLAYING CHARACTER!!!!Who DOES NOT NEED GOLD).

Thus keeping Gaia in a happy balance.

I've studied economics. It is not that complicated. They're just tring to keep the general worth of a gaia gold constant.
I think the bar movement is based solely on time because:

1. The first bar was filled in exactly 24 hours.
2. For 24 hours after the second bar's appearance, one pixel appeared every 64 minutes. After those 24 hours, one pixel appeared every 6 hours. I haven't yet heard whether or not the rate changed again after another 24 hours, but I hope to find out today.
3. The appearance of Gambino's mansion grows every day at midnight and at noon PST (as I've been told; I haven't been online enough to check that myself).
4. Before the decimal values for the length of the bar were removed from the source code, I did some calculations and came up with an equation for the rate of bar movement. The r and r^2 values for that equation were both .99999.
5. Chances are, there will be some sort of event or interesting action when the second bar is full. I think the admin would want to control when that happens.

I'm sure that there is a rate of growth which is set. However, I do think it's possible that the change in rate observed with the second bar could have been controlled by the amount of gold donated. But the fact that the second bar was filled in exactly 24 hours leads me to believe that the end time of the second bar will be equally convenient.
Lunulae

2. For 24 hours after the second bar's appearance, one pixel appeared every 64 minutes. After those 24 hours, one pixel appeared every 6 hours. I haven't yet heard whether or not the rate changed again after another 24 hours, but I hope to find out today.
3. The appearance of Gambino's mansion grows every day at midnight and at noon PST (as I've been told; I haven't been online enough to check that myself).
4. Before the decimal values for the length of the bar were removed from the source code, I did some calculations and came up with an equation for the rate of bar movement. The r and r^2 values for that equation were both .99999.
5. Chances are, there will be some sort of event or interesting action when the second bar is full. I think the admin would want to control when that happens.

I'm sure that there is a rate of growth which is set. However, I do think it's possible that the change in rate observed with the second bar could have been controlled by the amount of gold donated. But the fact that the second bar was filled in exactly 24 hours leads me to believe that the end time of the second bar will be equally convenient.

i love you.
I love you for what you just said
I love math and you just made my heart pound
And you made perfect inrefuatable sence at the same time.

I would bare your children if you let me.

lol.
The name's Kriia
Kriia
Lunulae

i love you.
I love you for what you just said
I love math and you just made my heart pound
And you made perfect inrefuatable sence at the same time.

I would bare your children if you let me.

lol.
The name's Kriia

surprised *impregnates*

Thank you.

I do feel the need to say that I did not calculate the rate of the bar moving a 1 pixel every 6 hours. I found that here and decided it made sense.
The bar goes up when the donations come. Alot of people think gambino is just playing on our kindness to get much gold. I donate something to him when I feel for it.

Jeering Sophomore

12,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kriia
the longer the drive runs...

The more money that will be pulled.

The less chance for inflation.

Thats my final answer

Frankly, I think that's what this is about too. However, I think your views on inflation may be slightly misguided. Inflation will not make it easier to afford more valuable items. A bit of inflation is both normal and healthy for the economy.

Jeering Sophomore

12,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Also, I have another theory to offer about the progress of the bars. All of the gaians who were really really behind Gambino offered ALL of their gold at the outset. This made the first bar move quickly. Then, they continued to donate as they accrued gold, but as we all know, that takes a while--hence the slow movement of the second bar.

Icy Knight

9,950 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Honeslty I don't know. And I don't care.
I donated to Gambino because I like him and feel sorry for how he was treated by the VonHelson sisters.
Yes, I feel sorry for a fictionary character, and I'm ready to give my fictionary gold to him.
i donated gold. i donated 200..
yes... i think gambino's bar does go up over time... way over time... ppl have donated already... y donate again?... stare .... he already has enuf to build a mansion... he has one already... what else does he need?... but i think the faster he gets done with his donation... the better because there will most likely be an event...
The admins are trying to fix the gaia economy by using that to drain gian gold so the market can go back to normal and back to a way it can get handled better.

Its been to long since the bar has moved as the gaians are beginning to realize this and have stopped donating cause they are greedy money horders. I myself am now once again below 1k as I donated all I have to prove I am not greedy.

Thus the bar has not made any movement.
im not getting much about the donation drive...
that gambino dude now has a mansion after all hasnt he? O.o? so isnt that enough?

and about the inflation part...im not an economics person but i was just wondering if people donate lots of money into this, and in the future when they sell their items for a quest, wouldnt they want even more for their items?

i mean like if you just check out the market place before, you can see people stating a buy price even more then what the item was worth in the shop...

Jeering Sophomore

12,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Buddy_Pal
and about the inflation part...im not an economics person but i was just wondering if people donate lots of money into this, and in the future when they sell their items for a quest, wouldnt they want even more for their items?
Yes, and that is what they are going for. They want rarer items to be more difficult to get... or so the theory goes...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff