Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25

Update?
Quote:
revealed a fantastic update to the Gaia Online Mobile App,

What update and where? I've read nothing but complaints, anyone having better luck with the App?

Awhile back I had the Gaiaonline App on my android (and Ipod) and hardly ever used it, I was always at a computer (the good days before adulthood took place) so there wasn't much need for it at that time. A week or so ago I decided to download it again since I am always on the run but like to keep in touch and be able to message people when I get a moment. To my surprise, the app has improved some since the last time I had seen it, but of course it still has room for improvement. I personally like the app. since it does it job and allows me to message others and to also check out forums if I want to do a little extra clicking. I hate the way the cashshop and market features are set up though, not very smooth going areas.

So, I have a few discussion questions for everyone else while I've got some free time on my hands (8 to 15 inches of snow and sleet predicted, whoo stare ).

gaia_spoons Do you have the Gaiaonline App?
gaia_spoons If so how often do you use it and what for?
gaia_spoons What improvements do you think could be made to it?
gaia_spoons Do you think it is something Gaia should invest a little more time on?
gaia_spoons Is it just easier to bring it up on a webpage when you are on your phone (for you)?

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

Do you have the Gaiaonline App? If so how often do you use it and what for?
Sometimes to check messages and to purchase Gaia Cash with iTunes cards.

What improvements do you think could be made to it?
Nothing at the moment.

Do you think it is something Gaia should invest a little more time on?
It works just fine.

Is it just easier to bring it up on a webpage when you are on your phone (for you)?
Yes. Especially when browsing the forums.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Addium
Do you have the Gaiaonline App? If so how often do you use it and what for?
Sometimes to check messages and to purchase Gaia Cash with iTunes cards.

Nothing at the moment.

It works just fine.

Is it just easier to bring it up on a webpage when you are on your phone (for you)?
Yes. Especially when browsing the forums.

I think the whole Itunes card thing was why I first downloaded it on my Ipod, I had gotten a ton one year as gifts and didn't really use them for anything except that.

Devoted Member

Do you have the Gaiaonline App?
I do have the Gaiaonline App for my android tablet.
If so how often do you use it and what for?
I rarely ever used it because things were easier on the regular site even from my tablet. At times I had to use the app to make avatar changes. I also used the app to buy GCash when I had a spare $5 google play card... But that is no longer supported.
I think a complete overhaul would be necessary for this app. Definitely needs a new avatar dressing room so I don't have to click on side buttons just to view a portion of section. it would also need an item search for faster access to an item in the dressing room. The app also needs to support google play for payment again
Absolutely!
Unfortunately I will put up with zooming in on the site while I am on my phone before adding the app to it... unless they make the gaiaonline app better.

Cottontail

I have the Android Gaia app and it is very, very glitchy, unfortunately.
However, I still use it pretty frequently - although it is mostly only good for checking up on
my market sales / the announcements, and the occasional glean of the front page of GCD.

I've been wanting them to make improvements on it foreverrr, and since they just improved
the iOS app, I'm hoping the Android update is not too far in the future. But it kinda needs a
total revamp in several areas, especially the cash shop, like mentioned in the OP. I actually
can't make purchases through the CS on the app, and it does not display discounts or LQI
numbers. So usually when I'm on the go, I end up just switching to the desktop version of Gaia
in my web browser app, lol.

One of my biggest wishes around here is for the app to get some serious love!

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Rathraq
I rarely ever used it because things were easier on the regular site even from my tablet. At times I had to use the app to make avatar changes. I also used the app to buy GCash when I had a spare $5 google play card... But that is no longer supported.
I think a complete overhaul would be necessary for this app. Definitely needs a new avatar dressing room so I don't have to click on side buttons just to view a portion of section. it would also need an item search for faster access to an item in the dressing room. The app also needs to support google play for payment again
Absolutely!
Unfortunately I will put up with zooming in on the site while I am on my phone before adding the app to it... unless they make the gaiaonline app better.

I have been using the dressing room on the app a lot more here recently since the snow and ice has slowed my internet down some. It's not a bad feature, but the clicking is super annoying. I didn't know google cards were no longer accepted, first that I've heard that to be honest (didn't know they accepted them in the first place, lol).

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
ariichu
I have the Android Gaia app and it is very, very glitchy, unfortunately.
However, I still use it pretty frequently - although it is mostly only good for checking up on
my market sales / the announcements, and the occasional glean of the front page of GCD.

I've been wanting them to make improvements on it foreverrr, and since they just improved
the iOS app, I'm hoping the Android update is not too far in the future. But it kinda needs a
total revamp in several areas, especially the cash shop, like mentioned in the OP. I actually
can't make purchases through the CS on the app, and it does not display discounts or LQI
numbers. So usually when I'm on the go, I end up just switching to the desktop version of Gaia
in my web browser app, lol.

One of my biggest wishes around here is for the app to get some serious love!

Well put! I've had some issues with the app closing down all of a sudden or freezing up to where I have to restart, but other than that it's not too terrible. I haven't looked at the iOS version recently, might have to snatch somene's Iphone and take a sneak peak to see the differences. I would honestly (don't get any ideas Gaia) be willing to pay a SMALL amount for the app if they took it seriously and did some updates on it. I mean like super small amount (would prefer none since they get enough of my money as is) if they were willing to put more effort into it. It does what it's suppose to, it's just not executed in the best way.

Devoted Member

Vupie
Rathraq
Absolutely!

I have been using the dressing room on the app a lot more here recently since the snow and ice has slowed my internet down some. It's not a bad feature, but the clicking is super annoying. I didn't know google cards were no longer accepted, first that I've heard that to be honest (didn't know they accepted them in the first place, lol).

i now use the find feature on the main site to individually pick my items when I used my tablet, so that isn't a problem for me, it is a lot faster than using the app. For the google play they did accept that to buy g-cash. I had a spare $5 to use and I went to use it on a few other apps that started to no longer support that on their app. I went to use it on the gaiaonline app and then it gave me the message that said this version of the app no longer supported it as a payment method. I had the current updated version so I was stuck. then about a week later there was a staff update from Zero Omega that read:

"Purchasing GC on Android App

Hey Gaians,

We wanted to give you a heads-up that unfortunately at this time we are unable to support in-app purchases on our Gaia On the Go app for Android. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!"

Bear

While I'm glad to see they haven't forgotten about it completely, I really wish the Android app had been updated along with the iOS app. I tried it once and it wasn't very useful, but the iOS update sounds promising so I'd be willing to give it another shot.

Cottontail

Vupie

Well put! I've had some issues with the app closing down all of a sudden or freezing up to where I have to restart, but other than that it's not too terrible. I haven't looked at the iOS version recently, might have to snatch somene's Iphone and take a sneak peak to see the differences. I would honestly (don't get any ideas Gaia) be willing to pay a SMALL amount for the app if they took it seriously and did some updates on it. I mean like super small amount (would prefer none since they get enough of my money as is) if they were willing to put more effort into it. It does what it's suppose to, it's just not executed in the best way.

I've never seen the iOS version - I wonder if it is actually better than the Android version
now! It would be nice to play around with just to see. My phone is an older Android on top of it all,
so it probably glitches even harder than it should for me cat_xd

And you know, I would too. Like $.99 - $2.99, max. But that would only be worth purchasing if it
were almost completely glitch-free, with a really smooth graphic interface that looks and feels very
modern and up-to-date. It would be fun to have in-app perks, too, if they did make it something
you had to buy. Since Gaia's business model is now very similar to micro-pay app games, it would
be really silly for them to not move forward with their own app!

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Rathraq

i now use the find feature on the main site to individually pick my items when I used my tablet, so that isn't a problem for me, it is a lot faster than using the app. For the google play they did accept that to buy g-cash. I had a spare $5 to use and I went to use it on a few other apps that started to no longer support that on their app. I went to use it on the gaiaonline app and then it gave me the message that said this version of the app no longer supported it as a payment method. I had the current updated version so I was stuck. then about a week later there was a staff update from Zero Omega that read:

"Purchasing GC on Android App

Hey Gaians,

We wanted to give you a heads-up that unfortunately at this time we are unable to support in-app purchases on our Gaia On the Go app for Android. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!"

The more you know! I'm sure I will give the avatar dressing thing a try, might be easier on my end as well, although I own thousands of items >.< I didn't know google play cards were so hard to use, there is really only one app. I use mine on and it's an android one so I don't see that ever being an issue for me. Would be nice to see Gaia update that though to where it was accepted again, I'm sure I would dump my cards into the site.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Soldier of Song
    While I'm glad to see they haven't forgotten about it completely, I really wish the Android app had been updated along with the iOS app. I tried it once and it wasn't very useful, but the iOS update sounds promising so I'd be willing to give it another shot.

Keeping my fingers crossed as well that we get an update! The app has a lot of potential in my opinion, so I'm looking forward to seeing if they do actually give it a little more TLC, though I know there are probably bigger focuses right now on other things around the site.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
I have the Android app on my phone, but for the most part I only use it to collect the Daily Chance on it or check on my notices if I'm away from a computer. It's super glitchy and crashes a lot on me if I try and do anything substantial on it. gonk

Bear

Vupie
Keeping my fingers crossed as well that we get an update! The app has a lot of potential in my opinion, so I'm looking forward to seeing if they do actually give it a little more TLC, though I know there are probably bigger focuses right now on other things around the site.

Yeah, it's not a personal pressing need since at least I can use my browser to access the site, but if it made posting and navigating the forums easier, I'd be all over it.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
ariichu
Vupie

I've never seen the iOS version - I wonder if it is actually better than the Android version
now! It would be nice to play around with just to see. My phone is an older Android on top of it all,
so it probably glitches even harder than it should for me cat_xd

And you know, I would too. Like $.99 - $2.99, max. But that would only be worth purchasing if it
were almost completely glitch-free, with a really smooth graphic interface that looks and feels very
modern and up-to-date. It would be fun to have in-app perks, too, if they did make it something
you had to buy. Since Gaia's business model is now very similar to micro-pay app games, it would
be really silly for them to not move forward with their own app!

I will let you know how the iOS is compared to the android version here in a bit, lol! I will go snatch my brothers Iphone or Ipad here soon and see how I like it, if it's a huge differences I might start using it more often on one of those devices instead (when I don't have my computer of course).

I feel like that would be a fair price, and I totally second that in-app perks! Though, thinking on it, it could go wrong, I mean think about it Loyal's and Club Verge were suppose to be perks as well for some people (personal opinion) and they ended up not being all that great (though Loay's LQIs and Rigs lately have been nice!).

I was curious about how many people actually used the app because if more people used it, then maybe there would be more updates or concerns about it? I'm just wondering if not a lot of people know about it or use it often enough for Gaia to think it won't benefit them in any way. In the long run I can see it doing more good than harm, most people are always on the go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff