Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Kitten

Good afternoon GCD, trrtls here! So lately, gaia have been making more recolors of items such as Nekola, and making bundles of items that contain some pricey items here on gaia.
        I've noticed they're rather cheap-- not sure what "cheap"-- as in prices-- means to you all, but the prices they're pricing those items and bundles seem cheap to me compared to the original items or items within the bundles.

In my personal opinion, it makes me some-what happy they're finding a different way of making money and not continuing to make gold generators-- which yes, I know they still make them, but hey, at least they're not making a new one every few hours? sweatdrop

So GCD, tell me. c:

gaia_spoons What are your emotions/thoughts towards the pricing of the items and bundles gaia has created and/or recolored?
        gaia_spoons Have you or are you planning to buy a bundle or recolor or both?

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I bought the Mikola item with Gaia cash I earned from watching videos, since I don't buy Gaia cash. I was really happy to see that it was cheaper than I expected it to be. I really only wanted it because it was cat themed. I did like the color more than the other colors they have of it.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

My budget is $5 tops

caffeine>>>>>pixels

but most of these sales are uninteresting because it all looks the goddamn same

Sexy Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Married 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
All the "sales" that Gaia been offering us so far seem really random at times. It's like they just drew ___ % sale raffle of from a hat and electronically spam the announcement GC sales. I sort of stopped buying GC and it saves me money when they release a fugly re-color item. Personally, I like to see more original items.

Lonely Loiterer

To be honest, I don't like the pricing for one reason:
It's pretty clear that Gaia has made a new selling strategy. Only bundles of exclusives, limiteds, and GGs. And I'm getting pretty sick of it; I don't have the money to buy every damned bundle when I only want a couple of the items in it.

I just want item generators to return.

Questionable Warlord

Those bundles are better than nothing imo. I can't remember how much we used to pay for deflation RIGs but usually the items in the bundle tend to contain a value of 80-100B for 999GC (before everyone buys them and deflation hits), whereas some Nekola items are only worth 20-30B for the same price.

I would also like to see some nice bundles for 499GC or they should make some where they throw in more than 6 items so people might be more inclined to buy it for the quantity. Those 3,499 GC or whatever bundles are nice for people who don't mind spending that much money for a box full of expensive items but I would never touch them. Even the 1,499GC ones, unless there's something super awesome in it.

In the end I just buy GC to sell the items for gold which I will then use to get some art but inflation just gets worse.

Undead Enchantress

Sigh.
I don't think those items depreciate enough so I can afford it. sad

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Too many people buying the goddam gold gens instead of buying items to sell. Plus whomever are the ones choosing prices on items when they throw them into the CS are basing the prices on the "rarity" and "pricing" in the mp. They are literally letting a certain group of users control prices in the mp and the cs. I get frustrated over it.

Handsome Man-Lover

I wish there was more variety in pricing, some cheaper bundles for example.
I still miss rerelease rigs, though the recent sale bundles aren't bad.

Fluffy Trickster

anything above 10$ is pricey to me
some LQ item looks more fit as RIG item than being marked exclusive

regarding bundles, I don't like them as they are usually containing a type of item in various color
for someone who only need a certain color and not every single color of the same item, this is very disappointing.
I only need one color, not every single one of them!
not to mention the price of the item in the bundle increase in mp instead of deflating
*stare at rapturous union* it's 600M+ and now people ask 6B for it...10x the previous price

the only bundles I like is CS Bundles of new item
haven't seen any for awhile btw

I prefer Item RIG because the fail item become cheaper for people to get
more variety of item than just one set of various color.
Sometimes the pricing in the Cash Shop can be random and out of the blue, like someone else has said it's like they pull a random ticket with a random price on it out of a hat! ^^;;
But I do love it when they do price a item alot cheaper then it's predecessors, like the Beyond Cream was 499GC where the some of the others where more then that o.o
And the Lively Lucie was 799GC which I was surprised at! eek

Just utterly random.....

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

`.I'm not sure if it may have been due to steady inflation or some other causes, but it almost seems as if some prices in the MP go up once a GC value is attached to an item, rather than them deflating because more have been released.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with an item they've been keeping an eye on?

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Well, I haven't been a huge fan of most of the items that have gotten a recolors every other day, like Nekolitas. But when my toddler was screaming in the middle of the night last night, it was some small comfort to see that Raguel's Wings had been rereleased! So keep those deflation items going, whether they be RIGs or bundles.

Preferably cheap small bundles though, since many people don't like paying a premium for a large bundle consisting of mostly unwanted items.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
im really pleased with the fact that gaia has realized paying out the a** for pixels is a bit redic. i don't mind it now and then when it's a really good item, but for the most part i think bundles like these are a lot more likely to get me to buy.
Yeah, I actually agree - some of the bundles are a good value if considering how much it would cost to buy everything separately.

(Of course, the value of something is what you make of it, too...)

I like bundles and recolors, so if it's an item that I like then I'll probably go for recolours/bundles of that item.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff