Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Detective

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright

Welcome GaiaOnline 2015,
Let us unfold what the future awaits us.

GaiaOnline has transformed through numerous Ages, experimenting with many features we have enjoyed and loved. Many positive aspects have opened doors for more possibilities and expansion. While certain aspects have reduced, there came about an economic boom, an influx of items, and the opportunity for self expression became more abundant and affluent. Ultimately, some aspects and features had been foreclosed, such as ZOMG! among several others. These features have been delightful and such experimentation has paved way to bigger and better projects and ideas.

Welcome to the New Age.

Discuss:
What do you think will be next in store?
What would you like to see in this New Age of GaiaOnline?

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250

gaia_angelleft yum_strawberry gaia_angelright

My main hope for the future of Gaia is that gold generators cease to exist and the economy gradually fixes itself as we get more gold sinks. Anything else (fixed/updated features, growing community) is a bonus.

Heart Detective

Thank you, Cupcakesu.
From what I understand, you want an economy where gold pays weight to items and GaiaCash. In order to achieve this, you suggest to remove gold generators from existence.
Once the gold raises in value, what do you think will happen?

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250

gaia_angelleft yum_strawberry

Once gold actually HAS value, people will be able to quest again and feasibly buy items with the gold they've gained from posting, Daily Chance, Booty Grab, and games like they used to. Right now, that's not happening even with the increased payouts, no matter how much you work for it.

Heart Detective

Do you suggest we return to a virtual based reality?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

What do you think will be next in store?
Ihdgaf as long as its still free to log on and I have something to do.

More pandering to the RP side of the site. Even if its just an assbasket load of items that help for customizing avis into characters. (Wigs, haircuts, eye and face options blah blah. s**t that doesn't go with the girly theme of the usual item.) And if they feel extra nice: Housing updates and perhaps out-of house updates and customization options for landlords. Cause me and my friends used to run our RP in our neighborhood.

Heart Detective

Thank you, Rythulian
From what I understand, you want features that are interactive and avatar based, allowing for creative liberties.

Rythulian

Tipsy Genius

Cupcakesu

gaia_angelleft yum_strawberry gaia_angelright

My main hope for the future of Gaia is that gold generators cease to exist and the economy gradually fixes itself as we get more gold sinks. Anything else (fixed/updated features, growing community) is a bonus.

All of this. I'd be ok with fewer content updates, fewer fixes and no new additions if it was a result of the permanent removal of gold generators.

King Noob

- - -
I want more community interaction with the NPCs and plot.
I want more spotlight for the outdated features that still exist. Like journals, which badly needs an update. And all the other features people forget are there. I'd list them, but I forget what they are. surprised
I want gold gens to stop, but that's a given. Alchemy is a great profession for the little man to have fun and make decent profits, but it just ain't enough.
I want random stupid little events for no reason at all. Like what you'd use to see only on April Fools days. The cat faces? Omnidrink? C'mon, let's have some of that every now and then. You make items all the goddamn time Gaia, slap an event around one of 'em.
- - -

Merry Traveler

improvement in the community and forum. I find myself lurking more and more as the forum is just...there's nothing interesting going on.

event that isn't about doing a chore, less fun, more work...is what I experience lately.
I have enough work in real life to be burdened with another boring task.

Also I hope the event planner can get more creative and not copying previous event to re-use over and over.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

More wigs in Grunny/Emerald green. T^T and according to my captcha more coffee!

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'd like some events that don't require me spending cash to win. I don't mind buying pixels but I'm not spending my money on some Candy Crush level boost bullshit. Also, more affordable kickstarters like the Olympus Gate! And more manga updates. I think it's great that they're finally starting to try and put some kind of cohesive plot together and a history for the world of Gaia.

Heart Detective

Thank you, sterek.
So, what you mean to say is, if the equation is that by removing gold generators, it might result in having less updates, fixes, and features, and that you would be okay with it.

Thank you, Zaade.
Seems like you want a substance that is compelling, interactive, and community driven. I agree. Recreating existing features and improving them is a great idea. I am not familiar with alchemy, though I have just recently gotten used to the idea of GoFusion, and I love it. And yes, how could I forget about those random events. Spontaneity at it's best.

Thank you everyone for your comments, I will try to reply to all.
This post is also subject to being edited.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
I wanna see more cute animals! and games!

Angelic Nitemare

There are so many things I would want for Gaia. But I will go with the big one.

Eliminate the gold gens.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces