Welcome to Gaia! ::

Festive Celebrator

<center>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</center>
Thanks a lot usachan for the wonderful banner!!

The purpose

Some really hate the Chatterbox, others ignore it at all costs, and yet some of us, a small group perhaps, feel sympathy for it.

This is a call to all gaians to form a small gathering of people who are interested in challenging their vision and their knowledge of the Chatterbox as a forum, to have discussions and exchage ideas about Gaia's most creative, and misused, space.

As Chatterboxers, we can try to improve the reputation of the forum.

The reality
Not everyone will like the Chatterbox, it is a matter of taste. But perhaps, we can show some gaians that CB is not as bad as they think.

The goal
Our goal is to dispell myths about CB and replace them with facts and experiences.

Festive Celebrator

Looking for-

1. People who like the Chatterbox and would like to engage in discussions about it, without them necessarily being to point out only negative aspects.

2. People who dislike CB, but are open minded and willing to hear a different story.

The mission-

Perhaps, try to change little by little the bad stereotype chatterboxers have in other forums.

Festive Celebrator

Possible discussion topics

1. How is the Chatterbox perceived to people that are not regulars of the forum? How has your experience, as a regular different?

2. To what extent are the Chatterbox stereotypes true? To what extent are these stereotypes a product of a misunderstanding?

3. Why is it that most gaians talk so disrespectfully about the Chatterbox?

4. If there is such a thing about a forum identity, what is CB's identity?

Others to come.

Festive Celebrator

Myths about the Chatterbox

Chatterboxers speak in l33t
CB has been my hometown since I joined Gaia. Not only I do not chat in l33t or netspeak but none of my friends do or has ever done. What's more, I've had two huge threads there, and I have never, since Nov 2003, have anyone speak in l33t posting in them.

Yes, some people post in l33t. They are a minority.

The Chatterbox is full of crap.
Thanks for your opinion, but obviously, I have a different one.

There are a huge variety of threads in CB. Yes, some of them can be offensive/meaningless, but that is not ALL of CB.

There are some very funny, creative and spontaneous ones too... See the words "random nonsense" in the forum description? That doesn't mean crap, they just mean "different."

Every thread that is misplaced in a forum belongs in the Chatterbox
Not necessarily.

Gaia has an immense variety of forums, and it doesn't hurt to be acquainted with all of them.
For instance, you could say "How do you feel about Santana'a new album?" goes in CB, and it might. But we also have a forum dedicated to music discussion... Get the idea?

CBers never leave the Chatterbox
I am a CBer, and I am all around. You can meet plenty of CBers like me... we are undercover ninja

Some CBers actually get used to the "anything goes" atmosphere of the forum, and do not feel so happy with so many regulations in neighboring forums, so they decide to spend most of their time in CB. It's just a matter choice, nothing else.

The Chatterbox is full of trolls and flamers

All of Gaia is. There are some in the Chatterbox, but not an immensely huge concentration... We have few, but they're pretty noisy, though wink

Festive Celebrator

Affiliated Links

Groups and organizations supporting to this cause, either by telling their members about us, or organizing their own Chatterbox clean-up excursions. whee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Festive Celebrator

Banner!

Thanks a lot to our very talented usachan, we have an awesome banner now!!
Thanks too to Draxe who is storing the image!!

[url=http://tinyurl.com/9xy86][img]http://tinyurl.com/aqa37[/img][/url]

Draxe also made a banner! XD

[url=http://tinyurl.com/9xy86][img]http://tinyurl.com/exssz[/img][/url]

Festive Celebrator

Now it's open for posting! xd

*cuts the ribbon*

Festive Celebrator

Mind-boggling Mage

Why not name the project "C.U.T C.B" ? (Clean Up The ChatterBox) xd
A commendable goal, indeed. I wish you much luck. 3nodding

Clean Gaian

I want to help

Dangerous Smoker

I shall join. The gaia super hero named robot man! *Robot Dance.*

Festive Celebrator

Isilvara
Why not name the project "C.U.T C.B" ? (Clean Up The ChatterBox) xd

That was one of the names I thought up, but that sounded too "hands on", and it reminded me of a group there was in Gaia a while ago... I want something far more relaxed.

Just a couple of people who care, and want to spare a couple of spare minutes reporting threads that are really detrimental to the fun, random atmosphere that should reign in CB xd heart

Festive Celebrator

BardicFeline
A commendable goal, indeed. I wish you much luck. 3nodding

Thanks a lot!! xd
This is a really good idea. I'd like to help ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items