Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I love dressing my avi in drag and seeing if I can pass it off as a female base and most the time my male base's fat legs always show my true identity. emotion_donotwant

So fellow gaians/drags here are some questions

How creative do you get with make your male/female base look like a female/male base?
Any must have items?

What items should gaia make more of for us?(or what kind)

And something besides avatar

Gaia is pretty free and hardly much hate goes around but!

Has anyone ever criticized you for dressing your avi in drag?
(even though it's just an online site?)

fxxkin demon

Before I start I should mention I am a straight female but I use a male avatar.

I love dressing my avatar in drag and dressing him as a guy. Gaia makes it so easy to switch without spending 50k for a gender potion.

Leg and arm mods are must. Proper eyes and wigs also help. Drag,to me, should be pretty. Drives me nuts when I see someone with a male avatar just throw on a dress and a bow and call it a day.

I do wish Gaia would make more items that give the male avatar's boobs. As far as I know there are maybe 2 items that do that. Yeah, I know I could switch but again there is the cost plus I prefer the larger stature of the male avatar.

I have gotten questions about my avatar's look especially if someone has mistaken him for a her. No one has ever gotten nasty about it though.

Nerd

I've dressed my avatar as a boy sometimes, but it's just that I'm way to cheap to waist 100k just for a single avatar. And with the right items nobody can't even notice the difference.

But I don't really understand the thing some people have for dressing their avatars in drag. It's not like avatars have a actual gender anyway.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
mwahahaha people can't tell my avatar's gender but a lot of people guess it's male...for some reason

i was on my zOMG account killin' some flamingos for a couple of minutes and someone else guessed "dude" too. idk my zomg avatar has an ambiguous 'gender' i guess since the boobs on the base don't show, and hands/legs are pretty covered.

on another avatar i have this male doll but he uses arm and leg mods (that don't show your avatar's gender), but his hairstyle is sort of dude-ish so i think people see him as a guy...though sometimes i use leg mods to make him look like a girl.

i don't really try to make an avatar look like a boy/girl though, it just happens that more distinct gender differences get all hidden.

OH i have this old man character who i dress in obvious drag XD

I did use this stripper character once back in 09 and when i went into towns I got "ewww a tranny" comments once or twice. the avatar wasn't dressed as a woman. more like an avatar just in undies, fishnet, holding a hotdog, etc. i suspect that the "tranny" comments were were from little prepubescent kids though.

Enduring Shapeshifter

Drag for Male->Female seems rather easy to pull off, but the other way around... Ugh....

I do tend to like dressing her up as a guy sometimes, but I usually fail at fooling my audience cause of arms or chin.

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
lol I'm another straight female with a male base that I like to cross dress from time to time. 100k round trip (female and then back to male) for a avi sex change is too much. I want to spend that on items!

I HAVE to have gloves (hand mods) /arm mods. The male bases fists are so uggo. I mostly use gloves though because I find full arm mods to be limiting at times (It depends on what look I'm going for). If you go the no arm mod route you have to cover your shoulders though. There are a few jackets that accomplish this quite nicely. (Jeckyll's Morality is my personal favorite!)
Certain wigs hide the fatness of the male base's face as well. Also leg mods leg mods leg mods leg mods. rofl

I wish I saw more female avatars cross dressing as male avatars. It's challenging to make a convincing male avatar on that base because most of the items are A LOT more feminine on that base (shoes especially). I've done it a few times successfully on my lady mule. Fun teims.

No one has every said anything rude to me about my avatar dressing habits. xd I'd honestly lol a little if they did.

Fluffy Treat

Did you know that Diedrichs have no sex/gender issues? It's because there's only one "kind"!
OK, bye now.

Magic Hobo

I wear drag in the sense that I wear dresses and girly clothes on my avatar, but I don't really tend to use mods to attempt to conceal the male base. ...So I guess, in terminology sense, I'm not trying to pass?

...Ah, wait, no, except in my Rarity cosplay. Nutcracker legs + Anesidora's Woe arms. Pretty effective at hiding gender, them.

...Even without consciously using items to hide the male hands/feet/chin, I have gotten people thinking my avatar is female. And it tends to confuse people on my IRL gender too, for some weird reason. Call me whatever pronoun you feel like, honestly, it doesn't matter to me either way, whatever makes you comfortable.

Invisible Player

15,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I never try to make my male base female, actually I dont think about it while making an avatar.
I did get called a "she" a couple of times but that's usually in flash spaces.
I dont think anyone ever criticized me for any of my avatars, since Gaia is pretty much a easy-going site.
I usually get compliments about my avatar.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Existential Existence
mwahahaha people can't tell my avatar's gender but a lot of people guess it's male...for some reason
I've always thought your base was female only because regardless of which skin you're using, the female version is thinner. I have a perception that a thinner base would be easier to hide.

Awesome though is when people look at your never in drag male avatar and cannot tell his gender. rofl

Kawaii Giver

14,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I think i am doing a good job at drag

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
EABrigadeTaishi

eek Is that 4srsly a male base?? Holy s**t, that is good.

I feel like everything I've done up till now didn't matter. XD

Kawaii Giver

14,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I Found A Sexy 1
EABrigadeTaishi

it is

I could change to one of my other avatars to prove it

Cheery Cat

If only the male avatar base wasn't so bulky, I would probably wear skirts more often.
I don't mind cross dressing once in a while, it's just because since I have this male base, I think most of the female oriented items look weird and awkward on it.
But, I also don't want to change it into a female, because females have breasts and can't go bare chested like males can.
Not to mention, everyone would then assume I was a girl, and I'd have to keep a constant reminder in my signature and keep telling everyone that I'm not...
Considering I'm a gay, very androgynous male who often gets mistaken for a girl in real life, I know how it feels.
If only we could have the female base, but with a completely flat chest. That would be awesome.
I have few girly outfits, though I don't wear them often.
I can make my avatar look pretty girly, but not completely, so that people will hopefully still see that I'm a boy.
But girls have such pretty clothes! It's not fair!
; //w//;

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
EABrigadeTaishi
I Found A Sexy 1
EABrigadeTaishi

it is

I could change to one of my other avatars to prove it

No need to leave your beautiful current avatar. I believe you. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items