Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Now that there are so many body mods, I think it's a lot easier to pull it off in the past. I used to always make avatars wearing skirts, but they were still guy avatars. That is, he wasn't in drag, he was just a guy wearing a skirt. razz I haven't tried to do a real drag avatar before, but lots of people pull it off really well.

Adephi's Significant Otter

Is my current avatar male or female?
You decide!

When I have a male avatar I usually use some sort of leg mod to get rid of those stubby legs and bulky feet :XP

Revered Connoisseur

I'm a guy IRL, and I had fun making androgynous avatars.
The females may have most items, but it's really hard making them into a guy.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
How creative do you get with make your male/female base look like a female/male base?
Any must have items?

There are a ton of items we should have and there is a list in the SF (by [NPC] Stein, no less) that lists them all cat_stare

What items should gaia make more of for us?(or what kind)

Non-violent/Non-militaristic/Gore-free male and or masculine-oriented items cat_3nodding
Also, Marijuana related items should be made too, since we already have various drug paraphenalia available to us cat_3nodding

And something besides avatar

Is there anything else besides one avatar...? cat_rolleyes
Oh! cat_eek
zOMG should be expanded! cat_mad

Gaia is pretty free and hardly much hate goes around but! Has anyone ever criticized you for dressing your avi in drag?

Honestly, I don't do drag. Not 'ere, not IRL. I am a guy on Gaia and I'm a guy IRL, and I am also openly Gay too, but not into drag (or women/feminine guys) at all cat_rolleyes

Plus, the only hate I've ever experienced here has been due to the political stupidity of others. Seriously, we permit pretty much everything on this site, but G_D(dess) knows that the moment you bring up something like "marijuana" -- Every Gaian and their bleedin' mule crys afoul! How conservative! How backwards! We have alcohol, we even have a hookah, we permit crossdressing, we permit indecency, heck we promote violence and gore, but dare I, or anyone else for that matter, suggest "marijuana" and ye be verbally flogged in mere seconds! cat_xp

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
In my many years on the internet I have learned a few things.. NEVER assume anyones gender unless they say what they are.. even then.. be dubious.

One of my best internet friends pretended to be a "scene" boy for years.. turns out she was a she.. a flat chested she.
it didn't change my feelings for her though.
SHE'S MY BRO FO LYFE

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i like to wear skirts and dresses but i don't consider it dressing in drag. it's just wearing skirts and dresses. but then i don't want my avatar to look like a female. i want him to look like a male wearing a skirt/dress.

people are always referring to me as female anyway (especially in towns) even when i'm not wearing a skirt/dress. emo i don't really get it. like right now i don't think my avatar looks female but apparently other people do.

Greedy Lover

I'm a female and my main is Mari Keiyou, but every now and again I'll play with this avi. Right now this is as bishi-boyish as I can get him, but any other time he's got a dress or frilly white apron along with hair accessories and random tidbits that look as girly as possible. 4laugh heart

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Sometimes I'll change my avatar as a boy but it never seems to last. It feels like there's a lot more styles and options available to the female avatar than the male so I always go back to female after a day or two. emo

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

All the time the male base is the only one versatile enough to let you be girly sometimes and masculine others. Plus the girl base is too twiggy. I like the chubby face.

Romantic Sailor

I don't get to creative with my avatars, I just nerd out and let my fandom spew allover my avatar, I find that mods REALLY help cover the tracks of what gender the avatar is.
As for Items that help out and what I think we need.
Leg mods or hand mods really. ( I LOATHE both the legs and hands on both of the bases)
Loose fitting tops for female bases that just hang and don't grip the base. And more Items to fuel my Muti-fandom needs
And Honestly No I have never had anyone call me out and hate on my avatar for dressing as the other gender, I'm still Kind of new to it though, and when I do dress as a guy It's as a character form a show so it's sort of cheating.

I personally LOVE when I see avatars pulling off the oppisite gender then the base they have on. People amaze me sometimes really.

Predestined Survivor

11,525 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

You can tell reaaaal easy if someone is dressing drag by their head/hands but other then that they do it very well on here.

Manly Lunatic

My avi is female... I am male... I dress her up in male clothes for the lolz.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I honestly see no point in dressing in drag. If you want to dress like a girl just make a girl avatar and dress her up like some of the devs do.

The male base is far too masculine to pull it off very well save on some occasions but you have to practically clutter it up to hide the gender with mods that cost WAY too much.

Not saying it is wrong to dress in drag, I just see no point when again the male base looks too male to pull off female. However, I hate when females try to pull off male avatars with female bases. It's the same thing: the female bases are too feminine to pull off a male avatar.

It just out right baffles me...
sweatdrop
my avatar's base is female right now, but it sorta looks boy-ishy ?
at least, that was what i was trying to aim for. xd
basically the only must-have items for me are jackets or coats that cover up the chest area.
hair style also makes a big difference in appearance. 3nodding
I enjoy making my female base look male. cool Somehow I just find male bases hard to work with, so I adapt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff