Welcome to Gaia! ::

You need to deal with this.

They are changing it like this for themselves so they can work on more important matters such as hackings and scammings.

Many people have suggested that they have word filterings for words such as 'cyber' or 't&d' and things like this.

But those words would be mistaken on other titles, such as,

'Buying cyber pets, post here'
or
't&d Troy and Denise.'

This would be putting people who have done nothing wrong in trouble, and making the admins work even more on something so simple and stupid, so they can check to see how bad these names really are.

Try to realise they are trying to do this for our greater good, not there own.

Think about it.

Virtuous Healer

I do agree. This sort of reaction is typical for people here. Weather the storm.
Wishingwillow

They are changing it like this for themselves so they can work on more important matters such as hackings and scammings.

Many people have suggested that they have word filterings for words such as 'cyber' or 't&d' and things like this.

or
't&d Troy and Denise.'

This would be putting people who have done nothing wrong in trouble, and making the admins work even more on something so simple and stupid, so they can check to see how bad these names really are.

Think about it.

And you think about the people like me, who host Literate game rooms.
Which have some of the most respected Gaians as regulars, as we participate in friendly talk that is perfectly Literate and follows TOS.
This is unfair for us, who do nothing wrong, and have been contributing to Gaia by following TOS and encouraging Literacy.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What they DID is just make it harder for people to report them. THAT'S how there will be 'less reports'. It's like sweeping s**t in the closet and saying, 'LOOK AT HOW CLEAN EVERYTHING IS!' It's bullshit, and it's punishing users who didn't do anything wrong.

Hell, most of the time I can't even GET games to work, the least I should be able to do is name my room whatever the ******** I want to that's not breaking ToS.

Business Tycoon

25,000 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
They will, is just what happens with every single change that happens on the site. They rant now but they will let it go in a while.
Key The Thief

What they DID is just make it harder for people to report them. THAT'S how there will be 'less reports'. It's like sweeping s**t in the closet and saying, 'LOOK AT HOW CLEAN EVERYTHING IS!' It's bullshit, and it's punishing users who didn't do anything wrong.

Hell, most of the time I can't even GET games to work, the least I should be able to do is name my room whatever the ******** I want to that's not breaking ToS.

Not necissarily. The average person would go inside the room and be like 'oh, they're cybering here, thats not good' and report them that way.
Key The Thief

I totally agree.
At first I thought the name changes were good.

And then some people suggested name exclusions.
Then ANOTHER person suggested that if you enforce that, people can just put spaces between those offensive words.

So now I conclude that what Gaia did was right, and they now have the time to fry bigger fish.

So thank you Gaia.
iHierarch
Wishingwillow

or
't&d Troy and Denise.'

Think about it.

And you think about the people like me, who host Literate game rooms.
Which have some of the most respected Gaians as regulars, as we participate in friendly talk that is perfectly Literate and follows TOS.
This is unfair for us, who do nothing wrong, and have been contributing to Gaia by following TOS and encouraging Literacy.

I do nothing wrong either in rooms, but does it really matter all that much if you get to name your room or not?
Its a name. Sure, yeah, its a right too, but its just a frigging name. You should just deal with it because they aren't about to change it because people are complaining.

Eloquent Lunatic

21,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Word filters suck and can easily be gotten around. I hate this, how will I be safe from the chat speak now? Cards is already annoying to sign in, let alone doing it 5 times just to find a decent literate room. Instead of "fixing" the minor issues, fix the major ones.

Angelic Explorer

To the people complaining - Listen to yourselves. You're angry at the fact that you can't change the title for a ********' game room. You want a nice literate chat? Tell your friends and give your room a password they know. Concerned about cyberers doing their business in peace at last? They won't be able to find each other. The chances will be random, and if you're really that concerned, just patrol the fishing areas a lot.

Actually, to expand more on that, why the hell do you care so much? Cybering is always going on in PMs and I don't see complaints about that. Is it because you can't see it happening? Well the same can be said for game rooms, you don't need to stick around when the noobs pile in to have sex over the internet. Report and move on, you're good to go.

Scurvy Dog

I've been saying this for months: Gaia needs to have moderators that are just dedicated to the games. I had my hopes up when they put out the mod applications, but it seems they aren't doing such a thing.

Seriously. Mods aren't on the payroll. It won't cost Gaia anything to add a few more than they maybe planned on.

I really think this is just a cop-out. It's the easy way out. Plus, it does make the cyberers harder to find. I know I probably won't be going into games much anymore. With the 2 error constantly keeping me off of cards, and since my computer absolutely refuses to stay connected to the game servers after 9 a.m. or so, when I try to fish, all I do is burn through bait.

Seriously, the room names made it easier to find people who were cybering. Now it's going to be a matter of just running into them. More people breaking the ToS are going to get away with it, in theory, as they have the chance of just not being stumbled upon. Plus, it's going to cause a spill-over of the cyberers into other rooms.

Case in point: it's not a solution, it's a way to not see it right up front. It's like shoving all your junk under the bed and saying the room's clean. At a glance it looks good, but when you lift the sheet, it all comes spilling out at you.

I'm not going to voice my opinion, only that if you wish to encourage good discussion in your threads (and in life in general) tone down the "you should." Who made your opinion the ONLY one? Why should any of us listen to you?

Not to mention such wording encourages defensive reaction - which certainly stifles discussion.
What does t&d really stand for? o_O
The only reason why people want names is so they can name it Cyber Sex room or stupid s**t like that.
Oh, whats that? make a T or D room? How bout you gather a bunch of friends and tell them to join you. Simple as that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff