Welcome to Gaia! ::

To anyone who says I can leave if I do not like Gaia, not going to happen, only because I heart Gaia, but the big wigs on Gaia are starting to piss me off.

I would say anyone who has been on Gaia for a while has known, though nothing has been said, anyone who has a status symbol ( usually an item from 2003 ) has usually more respect, and are often much more popular. What has been pissing me off lately are these high class gaians with their little bunny slippers, thinking it's cool to be an a*****e "rebel" bloated on Korn, Eminem and Bizkets, and use their own being as a threat getting friends to harrass people new trying to make gold, Making Propagandha ( usually in signature form ) about how they have some power over others or some sort mythical crown of thorns that empowers them so that they may rip off and scold other gaians, but others can not try to make gold as they see fit. I will not drop any names but here is an example I ran into at Exchange.

<sarcasm> Another gaian, so great with their John Wayne stance as if she was going to shoot any "n00bs" in her path with her 44 magnum, gives out her aim address then posts " DO NOT IM ME OR THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU". A flashy scene of a n00b trying to bribe Christy christus with a song for some gold, if she could spare. She looked down with her great power knowing how great she was, after all she had minis, d-tail the whole uniform of someone with great power. After giving him a verbal beating, she unleashed her little brainwashed Mafia felt they must do something about this outrage! The head leader, as if he was Robert Deniro from a 70's Mafia flick, pmed the "n00b" told him, if he ever say anything again, his fun on gaia shall be permanently "dampend". Woe is that n00b, thinking that though those great power figures had back stabbed and pissed on countless people, he asked to sing to her for some gold, and he got slaughtered. And that is the Gaian Community. </sarcasm>

All I can say is ******** all of that. I improvised from the great IM story she felt she should post to show how powerfull she is. Should I go into hiding for fear I may be IMed by the god damned Gaian Illuminati, s**t... Even though Stealth has his own threads about naggy gaians, He is being much to optimistic. I have been around, seen all the forums, it doesn't matter if the regular poorer gaians outnumber these power driven gaians, for every throne, there's a thousand graves. I don't really blame new people, or old people, Absolute power, corrupts ( sp? ) absolutely.

I hope Mighty Sushi Database doesn't think I am trying to act cool ( is afraid of her ) ::runs away::

For the rest of this thread, cookies.

Also how did we let these war mongers get into such positions of favoritism anyway gonk . I beg for gaian peace.
I know how you feel I pissed off an prommie EFer and she threatened to send her "moderator" friends on me. And then I was approched by a Mod in the next few weeks giving me a warning for a mistake I made. Let me explain something it wasn't a big mistake and something that many other users were doing. I was being singled out because of this user. It sucks but there is nothing you can do
rofl pirate talk2hand

are these new emoticons????

anyway I know that somewhere, someway their is a way that everyone can live in peace equally, without it being communism, haha.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
As sad as it may seem, people often do suck up to users with older donation items under the misapprehension that they are rich and have a lot of gold to spare. By being friends with a rich person, they believe that they might have the chance to become rich themselves; their new friend might help them out.

I don't really get what you're saying abou the propaganda etc, and I think you might be exaggerating a little. There are users who like all three bands that you mentioned and are 'rebels' that don't have status symbolic items, it's just that the ones with a lot of nice items get noticed more.

As for "ripping off" other Gaians... That's how the Exchange works. You buy cheap, you sell for a profit. Again, I don't know what you mean about telling people they can't make gold... Particularly the 'wealthy' Gaians that I know actually promote the idea of people making gold themselves, rather than leeching off of other people.

Nice avatar, by the way.
9 Shocks Terror
rofl pirate talk2hand

are these new emoticons????

anyway I know that somewhere, someway their is a way that everyone can live in peace equally, without it being communism, haha.
yes they are, and good point I read the whole thing and liked it.
Seth Darkheart
As sad as it may seem, people often do suck up to users with older donation items under the misapprehension that they are rich and have a lot of gold to spare. By being friends with a rich person, they believe that they might have the chance to become rich themselves; their new friend might help them out.

I don't really get what you're saying abou the propaganda etc, and I think you might be exaggerating a little. There are users who like all three bands that you mentioned and are 'rebels' that don't have status symbolic items, it's just that the ones with a lot of nice items get noticed more.

As for "ripping off" other Gaians... That's how the Exchange works. You buy cheap, you sell for a profit. Again, I don't know what you mean about telling people they can't make gold... Particularly the 'wealthy' Gaians that I know actually promote the idea of people making gold themselves, rather than leeching off of other people.

Nice avatar, by the way.
I know wealthy gaians also who promote getting their items themselves rather than exchanging ( i.e Mod-Inside, Dark-Dragoon ). You avatars better by the way xd . And when I find another example of what I mean about how they are scorned for trying to make gold a how it seems to me to be more light jhearted ( for loss of better words ) than our great gods of gaians we have. That is why I look up to you in a way seth, now that I have read a few of your posts, you are one of the few extremely wealthy gaians whose minds haven't become greed ridden ( you may retort that there are a lot of gaians that are wealthy that are pleasent, but I haven't found many in my two years (( which may not be long compared to you or other gaians )) of being around )

Sarcastic Celebrant

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
I can understand some of the frustration from the older users. I've only been here since October myself and all my goodies come from regular donations and 2 lucky breaks at fishing (two lions). But people always seem to PM me asking for donations or to "be my friend." And it can get annoying really fast. Still, I try to be polite and turn them away gently. I wouldn't sick a mod on them, even if I knew a mod.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
9 Shocks Terror
I know ealthy gaians also who promote getting their items themselves rather than exchanging ( i.e Mod-Inside, Dark-Dragoon ). You avatars better by the way xd . And when I find another example of what I mean about how they are scorned for trying to make gold a how it seems to me to be more light jhearted ( for loss of better words ) than our great gods of gaians we have. That is why I look up to you in a way seth, now that I have read a few of your posts, you are one of the few extremely wealthy gaians whose minds haven't become greed ridden ( you may retort that there are a lot of gaians that are wealthy that are pleasent, but I haven't found many in my two years (( which may not be long compared to you or other gaians )) of being around )

Well I joined in Jan 2004, so I haven't had as much time as you to look for people... But as a retired Exchanger, there are quite a few wealthy Exchangers I know who I find pleasant.

I think it's all pretty subjective. 'Wealthy' Gaians can be seen to be rather spiteful towards the 'poorer' Gaians, but I think that's probably because they get bothered a lot. Rather than just taking people at face value, they have to be constantly wary that people only like them for their items. sweatdrop

To somebody who just seems a wealthy Gaian 'flipping out' they seem unpleasant. To somebody who gets to know said wealthy Gaian without caring for their inventory might find them to be pleasant.

I'm not saying that there aren't big-headed greedy Gaians; I've encountered quite a few and I'm not going to deny their existence, but I still think it all depends on your viewpoint and things.

What I meant at the beginning of my post, by the way, was that Exchangers particularly will often say: "I played the Exchange to get where I am today, and you can do the same. I'm not giving you gold", rather than saying that people shouldn't play the Exchange.

Thanks for all the compliments, by the way. You flatter me. redface

That's probably me rambling a little, but...
Seth Darkheart

Well I joined in Jan 2004, so I haven't had as much time as you to look for people... But as a retired Exchanger, there are quite a few wealthy Exchangers I know who I find pleasant.

I think it's all pretty subjective. 'Wealthy' Gaians can be seen to be rather spiteful towards the 'poorer' Gaians, but I think that's probably because they get bothered a lot. Rather than just taking people at face value, they have to be constantly wary that people only like them for their items. sweatdrop

To somebody who just seems a wealthy Gaian 'flipping out' they seem unpleasant. To somebody who gets to know said wealthy Gaian without caring for their inventory might find them to be pleasant.

I'm not saying that there aren't big-headed greedy Gaians; I've encountered quite a few and I'm not going to deny their existence, but I still think it all depends on your viewpoint and things.

What I meant at the beginning of my post, by the way, was that Exchangers particularly will often say: "I played the Exchange to get where I am today, and you can do the same. I'm not giving you gold", rather than saying that people shouldn't play the Exchange.

Thanks for all the compliments, by the way. You flatter me. redface

That's probably me rambling a little, but...
just a litle rambly, but that's why everyone loves you xp . And I don't mean just "dont do t3h exchange bit", I mean a full fledged attack on the person personally, etc. which they know will not get reported because this kid doesn't know what is or isn't against the rules. anyway i must gamble all my gold away, haha.
This thread might make us newcomers think this site is a bad place...
I don't think you should get pissed at people that are cool, rich and famous
just beacause they are better than you. neutral

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Raven_Fallz
This thread might make us newcomers think this site is a bad place...
I don't think you should get pissed at people that are cool, rich and famous
just beacause they are better than you. neutral

That's the thing; they're not.

A person can be seen as 'cool' by other people, but it's generally based upon your own opinions. Just because somebody thinks somebody is 'cool' is no reason for you to do so as well.

A 'rich' Gaian is no better a Gaian than anybody else; they just have more gold. They may have more talents, be they good artists or Exchangers, but that doesn't make them any better as people.

The same goes with 'famous' Gaians; those who are famous generally don't deserve it or are famous for being 'cool' and 'rich'. The only Gaians who deserve to be famous are admins, mods and maybe Helpers.

Blind hero worship is bad, and saying that Gaians are 'better' than other Gaians will only lead to elitism.
rofl pirate talk2hand
Seth Darkheart

A 'rich' Gaian is no better a Gaian than anybody else; they just have more gold. They may have more talents, be they good artists or Exchangers, but that doesn't make them any better as people.

The same goes with 'famous' Gaians; those who are famous generally don't deserve it or are famous for being 'cool' and 'rich'. The only Gaians who deserve to be famous are admins, mods and maybe Helpers.

Blind hero worship is bad, and saying that Gaians are 'better' than other Gaians will only lead to elitism.

Love the last part. :]

Rich Gaians can also be those that just made the right choices when they joined early in 03. And as far as talents, they can make you a better or worse person, depending on how the person lets that affect them and their behavior.

I don't agree with the fame part. I actually don't think mods and admins and helpers deserve more fame for some status they have, or at least they should be judged on how they act as users to be famous, and not just their abilities. Er, if that part made sense. :3 I think people who help out the community, by devoting their time to charity, making helpful stickies, organizing free stuff and helping new users... I really have the utmost respect for them. But, I might have gotten slightly off topic. ninja

As for the original topic at hand, I'm sorry you ran into that. I go into the Exchange a bit, to chat with friends and old customers. Naturally, I find those that I hang out with to be wonderful people~ while I myself can't fall into Exchange habits, I understand why they do what they do.

"their little bunny slippers"? O_o * blinks and hides her feet* XD

Dangerous Survivor

Someone has a personal mafia that they're using to talk s**t? PLEASE provide me a link so that I can use my squadron to eliminate them.
Chris Ganale
Someone has a personal mafia that they're using to talk s**t? PLEASE provide me a link so that I can use my squadron to eliminate them.
I don't think you are getting the drift, I don't want to destroy hate by more hate gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff