Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
hey gcd, strange topic tonight, but its something thats been making me think
now, i don't know how many of you folks are active users of Tumblr, but recently the big 'thing' going about is the fiasco known as 'Dashcon'
essentially its a convention run-by and attended-by tumblr-users, which was meant to have guests like Steam Powered Giraffe, Welcome To Night Vale, artist and vendors stands, talks and discussions on various fandom-based topics and more
however, as could probably be expected, it turned out to be one of the biggest failures since the last fools who decided to invade Russia during the winter
for a small sum-up of whats happened, google 'dashcon failiure' or 'dashcon sum-up'
(i would link to one of the tumblr sum-up posts, but then theres the risk of getting banned 'n' stuff)

now, im wondering, what if Gaia-users decided to do the same thing?
ignore any legal thingys and Gaia's perpetual greed which would make them try everything they could to cash in; ignore that Gaia's loyal userbase isn't actually that large; how would a Gaiacon run by Gaia-users go?
would it go well? or would it turn out to be an abject failure?
would it be free? cost to enter? or maybe something funded by a kickstarter?
have some spoons to ponder on:

gaia_spoons would a user-run 'Gaiacon' be successful or a failure?
gaia_spoons what sort of things would you expect to see at a gaia-con? talks, guests, events, cosplays etc?
gaia_spoons hypothetically, if such a convention ever happened, would you attend if you could?

Questionable Cat

would we get a free hour in the ball-pit?

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Gaiacon would go pretty well. Mostly because unlike some superwholock obsessed teens, Gaia has responsible adults on staff and have previous convention experience.

And instead of a ball-pit of broken dreams...we'd have blackjack and hookers.

You don't need a lot of people for a convention. Just good proper planing.

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
no one would be able to make it into the convention center because the picket line outside would be too thick

Tipsy Genius

Not gonna lie, I totally thought about a potential Gaia convention the moment I read about the "poor communication from the staff" happening at DashCon.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
Madam Ace
Gaiacon would go pretty well. Mostly because unlike some superwholock obsessed teens, Gaia has responsible adults on staff and have previous convention experience.

i do have to agree there
tumblr is mostly crazed teenagers; but here on gaia theres alot of people in their twenties and such with proper life-responsibilities

can't we have a ball-pit AND blackjack AND hookers?

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Sukegawa
Madam Ace

i do have to agree there
tumblr is mostly crazed teenagers; but here on gaia theres alot of people in their twenties and such with proper life-responsibilities

With how much cash Gaia is making, hell yeah we can.

And I demand catering and an open bar.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I'm picturing the most expensive dealers room ever...

Relentless Glitch

I remember being told that if you email Gaia, you can receive a convention package that you can use to set up a mini con in your a part of the world and receive the conventioneer achievement while you are at it. I wonder if I set up one such mini con, would I be put under fire by the Gaian attendees? Scary concept.

Fashionable Loiterer

Gaia having a con would go great. They're a professional company, thus they would have actual individuals who would not only plan everything correctly, they would pay any cost they needed to, without being so ridiculous that they would have to ask for 17,000 dollars from random denizens attending the con.

And they sure as ******** wouldn't bring a ******** ball pit. emotion_eyebrow

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'd invite DJ Helsing as a guest at Gaia-con so we can all dance! xd

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
sterek
Not gonna lie, I totally thought about a potential Gaia convention the moment I read about the "poor communication from the staff" happening at DashCon.

i can just imagine the staff handing out boxes to all the users and when they open them up, theres a code for a free gold generator inside, so that those who can't afford cash get "the same opportunities and those who can"

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
Madam Ace
Sukegawa
Madam Ace

i do have to agree there

With how much cash Gaia is making, hell yeah we can.

And I demand catering and an open bar.

i think i'd need an entire open bar to myself to put up with whatever bullshit the staff tried to pull

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
Dalia Royce
I remember being told that if you email Gaia, you can receive a convention package that you can use to set up a mini con in your a part of the world and receive the conventioneer achievement while you are at it. I wonder if I set up one such mini con, would I be put under fire by the Gaian attendees? Scary concept.

i'd be surprised if they still did that, but i never knew that they did
or i did and i forgot
either way, its clever, but could easily go wrong i'd say

bensolos's Queen

Star-Crossed Partner

27,315 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Married 100
gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright
well i won't knock a ball pit as long as it's not filled with broken hopes, sweat, and shame
i agree that gaia would host something much more professional and 'pulled together' though
the reputation dashcon's gotten itself should be a warning to anyone else hoping to host some kind of 'convention' ever again my god

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff