Welcome to Gaia! ::

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
It's been somewhat of a busy and remarkable year for Gaia, and as we rapidly approach 2015, it's always good to take a look back at what was good or bad about the year, what to improve on, what to add, and so forth.

If I've forgotten something in this large list of options, I'm not too surprised, but do poke me with a stick if you feel something should be added. Also pardon if you're bothered by all the random emoticons as bullet points. Using only a few made it look like a massive wall of text-which it is, but this seems to make it less scary to my eyes because of the variety.

Human Base
yum_strawberry We've seen a large rise in arm and leg mods in recent years. This year has featured quite a number of them. But this is in some ways the year of "skin colored mods." Many items with these mods now feature skin color options. Notably, they don't hit up every color in the rainbow. Black, white, and other colors are options, but should even more poses be made in the future to match items such as the body dyes? Or is that too much? Should the options be arm poses, or entirely separate poses within the item?
yum_cupcake Traditonal EIs (Evolving Items) seem to have flown out the window in exchange for REIs (Rapid Evolving Items). Zodiacal Equinox is the only currently running EI. Do EIs seem slow and out of date now? Or do you feel that we should filter out REIs and return to the slower evolutions?
yum_wasabipie It's been a huge year for recolors and color palettes! Some recolors come out within a day of the original. What color schemes are you glad have gotten attention? Not so glad? What palettes would you like to see? What items got too much attention? Not enough?
yum_burger We've had much more experience with (oftentimes mostly human) Limited Quantity Items. What makes a good LQI in your eyes? A bad one? Does an item or bundle being limited affect your stance on buying that item (for gold or cash), even if some items that are not limited technically have less quantity in existence? Should LQIs be required to sell out to their full quantity?
yum_sausage Many a new scissors, razors, background mods, etc. have hit Gaia this year. Have they been good? Bad? Should such an item ever be a limited quantity item? Are you glad the haircut bundle is still in the shop (even if it's hidden off the featured page)?

Animal Bases
While not entirely new (my brain thinks that was last summer for some reason)
Animal bases got a lot of interesting little perks and quirks this year.
gaia_kittenstar We have as of now, 5 bases- Cat, Wolf, Bear, Bunny, and Puppy. What animals would make other good bases? What good happenings, or problems, have you had using one of these bases? Should making a base become its own ticket prize? What colors or patterns should be released for these bases?
dramallama We have many, many more of what could be described as "cash skins"- nonpermanent skins that work by editing one of the five bases. What animals, recolors, etc would you like to see from these skins?
cat_ninja This has been the year of the animal Monthly Collectible- our furry friends getting a cut of that sweet $2.50 montly mystery. Do you feel the items this year have been good? Bad? Average? Should there be separate masculine and feminine items like the human base?
cat_talk2hand Slow and steady, once in a while we get an item remastered from human to animal base. What items would you like to see remastered? Should all recolors of a remaster be released at once, or over time? In what ways did an item or pose not quite work when made for the animal base? In what ways were some poses or items made better?
cat_exclaim The animal base has some room for creativity, as with our current Tamagotchi-inspired REI. What other items can you imagine that could seemingly only work for this base?
classified_diedrich Conversely, this is also the rise of the "chibi human"- with mods like the elf fur and hear no evil allowing what were cats and mice with wigs to become small people. This is somewhat controversial as it in some ways breaks the idea of having a "separate from human" base to begin with. Most people shrug it off- it is, as with anything, optional. But does it open any doors for the animal base in terms of getting more remastered items, or getting more human-based items of their own?

Features & Random Things
gaia_spoons One of the big changes this year was the removal of zOMG. The items are now available in caches and grab bags, and some locations have moved to Towns 2, but is this enough to you? Should it one day be remastered? Should more commemorative items be released to celebrate what it once was, such as backgrounds, additional companions of any monsters that don't have one, etc.?
gaia_gaiagold In place of zOMG, we've seemingly stuck now to the forum battle system. This has shown itself to have several kinks, such as the slaughter that was Angels vs Demons. In what ways can this sort of event be improved on? Or what would you suggest in its place?
gaia_diamond With the clear inflation on site, some event games are now pay (gold) to play. What has your experience been with these games? Should they exist? Should any event game give out more gold? Less?
gaia_nitemareleft This has also been the use of Kickstarters- donating gold to earn individual or site-wide prizes. Has this feature helped, or has it made things worse? In what ways could kickstarts improve? What sort of kickstarters would make sense to you for the site to have?
gaia_angelleft Tickets here, tickets there, tickets stuck everywhere. What do you think of all of our mystical tickets? Perfect parcel? This has also been the year of baby and mini tickets. Should these exist? What new tickets should be made? Which should see more frequent re-release? What makes for a "good" or "bad" use of a ticket? Should there be more "quick" prizes like getting to be featured in chance items?
gaia_crown 100 Packs are interesting things. Are they worth it? Should items be rotated more frequently, or exclusive to one such chance item per year? Or do you like them being super common pulls? Should they be improved (such as being more like Walk in the Woods, and less like Let's Build a Snowman in the number of clicks to a prize)?
gaia_nitemareright On yet another deflation tangent are the gold for gold chance items like Spin to Win. Are these "dangerous gambling devices"? Do they help enough, or do you think people know they're terrible, and thus sink almost no gold?
gaia_angelright GoFusion has gotten some updates, including starting a potential rotation schedule. Does this work, or should it have been cleaned up so that everything was still in stock, but with less scrolling involved? How many diamond charms should something ever use, maximum? What are your thoughts with soulbound items like snowflake charms- is this a good or bad idea? Should many of the holiday items used less snowflake charms, or were they fair?
emotion_bigheart Club Verge has only gotten the rare update. Do you think it will vanish? Or will it stick around? Rococo has also similarly dropped to infrequent updates- what will become of it in the following year? Are you glad Mecha Neko was repurposed, or would you like to see more sponsored items?
emotion_bandaid On the non-cash side, Back Alley Bargains recently got re-purposed following the closing of zOMG. Was this a good move? Should any other shops be tweaked? Do we need any more shops, so as to better categorize merchandise? An animal base only store? Conversely to adding more, should events like caroling be limited to certain shops, as if we have too many? What has been good or bad about the grab bags this year? Was the price hike at H&R Wesley worth it, or should it have stayed the same? Should other shops be fit to match inflation? Do the gold shops get enough updates?
gaia_star Loyal's shop has somewhat slowed down in releases. What sort of items should be released in his shop? Should limited quantity items for gold be released again? I would love to see a vote each week of maybe 5 popular cash items each in a popular color that it hasn't been made in yet, get a community vote, to be permanently placed in Loyal's at the start of the next week's voting, or something along those lines.
yum_tuna Staff involvement has been somewhat on the rise this year, with the return of Ask the Admin as Ask the Staff, Community Spotlight, and so on. Does Ask the Staff seem to be doing a good job? Should it be held different days each week, or is Monday evening a good time? Have staff felt more approachable than they might have previously seemed to you? Is Community Spotlight doing a good job with its nominations? Should just the first place winners of the avatar arena be featured, or things like second and third place?
yum_onigiri We finally got a new inventory arranger! Which has had some glitches, and admittedly, doesn't feature things such as being able to see labels like "hat/wings/item" and has to be hunted through page by page for the right spot to put something. It does feature stacking, which has been a help to some, but what will really seal the deal for you in using this new version?
gaia_gaiagold Some games and features have had their payouts increased. What features should get this treatment? Is this a bad idea? Should other options like Crosstich contests and avatar arena entries see an increase in paying to enter?
gaia_spoons While on hiatus for a while, the manga is now slowly but surely progressing again. Should it update more frequently? Less? Should we see less serious minicomics more often? What sort of story arc would you like to come after the Airship Saga?

New Points (edits)
Will eventually be moved to the proper spot but if you're here just to see what's new that's a lot to hunt through.
idea This year also saw the release of the account lock- allowing many an old account (standard or mule) to step back into the world. While largely a good thing, it does mean some old accounts may one day be brute-force hacked or the like. But it seems a rarity compared to the positives of activating old accounts.
emo Some members of Gaia staff poured a lot of time and energy into setting up Tentacl, supposed to be an adult sister site to Gaia. However...Tentacl didn't go over welll. Somewhat like Twitter, along with many other problems, it just didn't find the love it needed to stay afloat. Chalk another Gaia flop up on the board. Did you use Tentacl? Should it have stuck around, or do you feel it was doomed to die?
stare 133Tgate, oh, what an interesting time that was. A bit before AtS came up, no? It sent parts of the site into a fervor against the staff as, well...even if you try to take the conspiracy theories with a grain of salt, this is still a very bad PR event. Staff felt overworked when it came to tickets, but knowing tickets make good prizes for things like kickstarters, wanted to have some to give away. So they figured they'd buy someone's already won ticket. Problem is, they bought one for 133 TRILLION, still a huge sum even by today's even more inflated standards. Why was it priced that high on the MP? Because it was to show that the user actually owned a ticket. They certainly didn't expect someone to buy the thing at that price. People caught on to the strange event and things went crazy for a few weeks. After all, it means staff "printed money" (in a much larger sum than any gold gen), were not transparent with the users that that's what was happening during the transaction or even a warning beforehand that staff are overworked and ticket requests will be accepted more slowly in coming months or something... I won't really post more on this, there's plenty of threads to explore on the matter. In hindsight, how could this have been handled better? Should staff policies forbid using "fake" gold on MP purchases?
gonk I burned this one from my brain, I did. Back in June, most people ignored the announcments because, well, you could get 10 a day or so, really ridiculous on its own. "A sale is happening! Sale still ongoing! Only an hour for the sale left now!" Then someone got the brilliant idea that the admin account (which you can't put on ignore)...should PM you those announcements. There's nothing really to argue for in this case. Someone thought sending a PM to a limited space inbox (possibly up to that 10+ a day) was a good idea. Now we have the Cash Shop Digest announcements to at least partially stem the flood of spam. So they're learning. Slowly. Would you limit it to one CS update per day? Or are you satisfied with attempts like the Digest?
redface The Gaian economy is so bad people are using it as a real life example. On the one hand, ow. On the other hand, this is a clear "what not to do" to other sites. See Alexius08's post on page 2 for a link. How do you think Gaia can recover? Will it ever recover?
Thank you to Alexius08 for pointing a few of these out!

In Closing
wahmbulance What have I not mentioned here that you liked about this year? Disliked? What would you like to see happen in 2015?

Werewolf

The Animal bases are new from 2014, though. I remember because it's why I came back on the site full-time, haha. It was really exciting to see which furs they would be coming up next--and it still is, really. I'm just surprised (and a bit disappointed?) by the lack of monster items when we had, like, three different witch items for Halloween. We do have a demon, though. Love that demon.

The Tickets were my highlight of 2014. I got to benefit from them (super self-indulgent dream item!), I'm still really interested in them (never-ending quest for a custom REI!) and it's by far the biggest, most obvious kind of direct community input they've given us since I joined in '03. I love seeing what people come up with and how the artists make it happen. It's just a really fun feature for me.

Special mention, 2014 was the year the gold cap was removed. Hitting the 2-something billion mark was a big deal for me! And the next week it was nothing.

Conservative Explorer

2014 was a pretty busy year, but aside from the inflation, frequent CS releases, and so-so, there were a few good releases, such as the opening of Loyal's Bazaar, which brought us great recolors of our favorite items from the past, such as bunny slippers, angelic scarf recolors, OMG hats, chyaku norisu scarves, nitemare scarves, and such. The only downside to this was you had to log in for 75 out of 90 days to get in, but it was well worth it. The prices were also considerably cheaper for the recolors, as opposed to the originals, and that was cool. My favorite item from Loyal's was the Black Chyaku Norisu Scarf, because the color was actually satisfying for ninjas. I hope to see more recolors of other items, such as the AFK scarves, for instance.

Besides that statement, I love the animal bases that came to Gaia this year, and I find them a cute and interesting base for customization. I hope to see more human items be converted into animal items, such as the Hooded Fighter, Kit the Mischief Maker, and Crystal Millennium, to name a few. I also hope to see more interesting and awesome animal bases in the coming year.

I hope to see more interesting things come in the next year, and hope to see some changes for the better, as this year was kinda shaky. Have a happy New Year, and wish for the best. Dattebayo!

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
sterek

Special mention, 2014 was the year the gold cap was removed. Hitting the 2-something billion mark was a big deal for me! And the next week it was nothing.

Whoops. redface I don't know why but my brain thought that was summer of '13 for some reason. Edited, thanks for pointing them out!
Life with the gold cap still in place could have been very, very different...

Torchion

Besides that statement, I love the animal bases that came to Gaia this year, and I find them a cute and interesting base for customization. I hope to see more human items be converted into animal items, such as the Hooded Fighter, Kit the Mischief Maker, and Crystal Millennium, to name a few. I also hope to see more interesting and awesome animal bases in the coming year.

I was thinking of Hooded Fighter as I was writing all this out. I just like poofy sweatshirts. But my wallet is already crying at the thought. So many Fighters already.
Kit would be so perfect though. emotion_kirakira
What about another CI animal conversion set? Critters like Purpura, Jade the Chinese Dragon, Blush and Agony getting realized as full items. I guess that's one good thing, with so many RIGs, lots of RIG pets to convert both as pets for animal base, and animal wearables.
Ella-Maie
sterek

Whoops. redface I don't know why but my brain thought that was summer of '13 for some reason. Edited, thanks for pointing them out!

Torchion

I was thinking of Hooded Fighter as I was writing all this out. I just like poofy sweatshirts. But my wallet is already crying at the thought. So many Fighters already.
What about another CI animal conversion set? Critters like Purpura, Jade the Chinese Dragon, Blush and Agony getting realized as full items. I guess that's one good thing, with so many RIGs, lots of RIG pets to convert both as pets for animal base, and animal wearables.
If I left the oven on for a while, would all of this snow melt?

Conservative Explorer

Ella-Maie
sterek

Torchion

We've had so many popular items convert to animal items this year, such as the OMG and AFK hats, Steel-plated Ninja Band, and the Angelic Halo and recolors, to name a few. I hope to see more good items converted into paw items.

Also, the thought of a Paw item converted bundle would be super neat. If I had the GCash, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if the items are good.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I'd definitely rather look back on Gaia's 2014 than my 2014, so here we go. xD;;

I personally love arm and leg mods. I think they add a lot of dynamic to our avatars, so I'm happy that 2014 brought more of them. I'm not much of a fan of the "skin colored mods" because I don't use the base skins, preferring an item skin instead, so I'm not able to use those mods unless they provide a white or black option. I can see why they can't use the transparency option for everything, though.

I still love EIs and REIs. I like that we get story AND items from them. In a world of new LQIs every day, though, it does seem like Gaia is moving away from that model. I hope they don't, though. I've always found those items a lot of fun, both in reading the story and seeing what new poses the item reveals every time it evolves. I'm glad they're adding more variety in their REIs (even adding in [Animal] ones!) and having more than one evolve at once. Just having one item evolve each week gets a little old, especially if you don't happen to like that item. Variety in story, item type, and poses will keep that feature from going out of style. At $4.99 and with more poses than the more expensive LQIs, REIs are certainly generally worth it. EIs are a bit more problematic, as Gaia (like the rest of the world) is moving more and more toward instant gratification, and waiting a year for an item to fully evolve seems like a very long time. I honestly feel like the "pace" of the evolutions ought to fit the pacing of the story being told. A monthly update works for an EI like Zodiacal since it adds new items as the zodiac changes. For items with more of a story behind them, though, waiting a month in between new updates would be far too long - I'd more than likely forget what had happened in the story previously.

I'm glad we get more recolors, and I think quantity is less the problem than quality. I'd personally love to see more bright sapphire blues, but I'm happy that there's been more blue in general. Black remains one of the most useful colors, honestly. xD

It's almost spoiling, having a new LQI (or more) every day. Personally, I look for good arm and/or leg mods, then at color schemes and the general theme of the item. I don't generally get the really pastel/super girly LQIs unless they contain a pose that I think I'd make good use of. Being a LQI doesn't usually factor in to whether or not I buy it with cash or gold, though it might affect the timeline of when I buy it, particularly if it looks like it might sell out.

As I use the same hairstyle most of the time, I don't really make much use of the scissors. I'm glad they exist, though, as more flexibility in finding the perfect hair for your avatar is always a good thing!

I don't usually use the [Animal] bases, though I have changed a few of my mules over to Paws this year. I find them very adorable, and I can't wait to see what new animals Gaia comes out with. I'm personally hoping for a badger base and more rabbit/hare options. :3

While I never really played zOMG!, I feel its loss, and I hope that Gaia does more in the future to commemorate it and use aspects of it in other areas of the site. One of the things I love about Gaia is that it is so interconnected - so much of it connects back to other parts of the site, whether through NPCs or plot or items that get used in other features like alchemy. This makes the loss of a feature like this all the more tragic, because it didn't affect just zOMG! players, though they were the ones who felt the loss most keenly.

As for events, I'm not a huge fan of the "versus" events, as they're inevitably skewed to favor one side due to sheer numbers. I tend to prefer the "work together to build something or defeat a common enemy" sort of events, but variety is the spice of life, and I'm sure there are ways the battle system could be revamped to make it more fair and enjoyable.

I'm also not a huge fan of kickstarters. I don't like sending my gold into the void for a made-up cause, and I'm not sure they do much to fix our economy, especially as they keep releasing gold generators. I will donate to them occasionally for an achievement or item, but I tend to do so grudgingly. Of the recent kickstarters, I liked the ones for the NSTG (it was nice to see Gaia highlighting a guild), Louie's shop (at least they tried to give it a story), and the recent Christmas charity one (it was nice to see that Gaia was donating to some real life causes). That said, I think these events could have been handled through something other than a kickstarter requiring users to donate gold to "fund."

I don't think much about tickets because I will almost certainly never have or use one, but it is nice to see Gaians making good use of them by making items that they've always wanted. I can't really say if these items have been good or bad because I'm not the user who wanted them. I personally haven't loved most of the items, though that's just my personal taste. I hope Gaia can streamline this process to make it less frustrating for the users who do use tickets. I kind of like the appear in a CI/become an apprentice shopkeeper/appear in the manga/etc. sorts of tickets, as it's nice to spot users I know when they get their spotlight. :3

GoFusion has been an interesting addition. I do like the feature, but I wish it was more connected to the site. (Where do charms come from? Why is no NPC the "face" of this feature?) I think they're still experimenting with how many charms items should cost - some items are clearly not worth it.

I'm honestly not sure what the point of Club Verge is now. I kind of hope they repurpose it, as right now it doesn't have much of a meaning. I miss the old sponsor items in Mecha Neko, though it is nice that the shop is now open to everyone. I could see some shops being tweaked/repurposed. It would be nice to have an [Animal] only store for Paws, and it would also be nice to see gold shops get more updates. I have mixed feelings about raising gold shop prices. On the one hand, I can see trying to make everything on the site slightly more in line with inflation. On the other hand, I can recall as a new user struggling to make gold to get gold shop items, and now at least most of those items are fairly easily obtainable through just doing the Daily Chance - it's everything else (pretty much anything ever sold with cash) that's hard to get. I do think all shopkeepers should at least get holiday outfits, even if they don't participate in caroling, etc.

More than anything else this year, I've really enjoyed the increased involvement of the staff. I'm glad that they brought back AtA as AtS and have been making use of the Community Spotlight. As Monday evening is the only evening I don't work/have other obligations, I selfishly hope they stick to that time slot, but it might be nice if they could vary it a bit or do other roving staff events so that users who can't make it then can still communicate with the staff. The pre-event question thread is also a nice feature for those who can't make that time slot.

I'm also really glad we're getting regular manga updates. I'd love to see more fun mini comics featuring NPCs we don't get to see very often in addition to the main storyline and event manga.

In 2015, I'm hoping to see more things featuring our NPCs - items, posts, spotlights, contests, interviews, manga, etc. (preferably not them botting around, though). I'm also hoping the staff continue to host AtS and various contests. It's nice to see them post more, whether it's artists posting in the daily update threads to comment on the new item they just made or admins posting in opinion/feedback threads.
Salathielly
I'd definitely rather look back on Gaia's 2014 than my 2014, so here we go. xD;;

I personally love arm and leg mods. I think they add a lot of dynamic to our avatars, so I'm happy that 2014 brought more of them. I'm not much of a fan of the "skin colored mods" because I don't use the base skins, preferring an item skin instead, so I'm not able to use those mods unless they provide a white or black option. I can see why they can't use the transparency option for everything, though.

I still love EIs and REIs. I like that we get story AND items from them. In a world of new LQIs every day, though, it does seem like Gaia is moving away from that model. I hope they don't, though. I've always found those items a lot of fun, both in reading the story and seeing what new poses the item reveals every time it evolves. I'm glad they're adding more variety in their REIs (even adding in [Animal] ones!) and having more than one evolve at once. Just having one item evolve each week gets a little old, especially if you don't happen to like that item. Variety in story, item type, and poses will keep that feature from going out of style. At $4.99 and with more poses than the more expensive LQIs, REIs are certainly generally worth it. EIs are a bit more problematic, as Gaia (like the rest of the world) is moving more and more toward instant gratification, and waiting a year for an item to fully evolve seems like a very long time. I honestly feel like the "pace" of the evolutions ought to fit the pacing of the story being told. A monthly update works for an EI like Zodiacal since it adds new items as the zodiac changes. For items with more of a story behind them, though, waiting a month in between new updates would be far too long - I'd more than likely forget what had happened in the story previously.

I'm glad we get more recolors, and I think quantity is less the problem than quality. I'd personally love to see more bright sapphire blues, but I'm happy that there's been more blue in general. Black remains one of the most useful colors, honestly. xD

It's almost spoiling, having a new LQI (or more) every day. Personally, I look for good arm and/or leg mods, then at color schemes and the general theme of the item. I don't generally get the really pastel/super girly LQIs unless they contain a pose that I think I'd make good use of. Being a LQI doesn't usually factor in to whether or not I buy it with cash or gold, though it might affect the timeline of when I buy it, particularly if it looks like it might sell out.

As I use the same hairstyle most of the time, I don't really make much use of the scissors. I'm glad they exist, though, as more flexibility in finding the perfect hair for your avatar is always a good thing!

I don't usually use the [Animal] bases, though I have changed a few of my mules over to Paws this year. I find them very adorable, and I can't wait to see what new animals Gaia comes out with. I'm personally hoping for a badger base and more rabbit/hare options. :3

While I never really played zOMG!, I feel its loss, and I hope that Gaia does more in the future to commemorate it and use aspects of it in other areas of the site. One of the things I love about Gaia is that it is so interconnected - so much of it connects back to other parts of the site, whether through NPCs or plot or items that get used in other features like alchemy. This makes the loss of a feature like this all the more tragic, because it didn't affect just zOMG! players, though they were the ones who felt the loss most keenly.

As for events, I'm not a huge fan of the "versus" events, as they're inevitably skewed to favor one side due to sheer numbers. I tend to prefer the "work together to build something or defeat a common enemy" sort of events, but variety is the spice of life, and I'm sure there are ways the battle system could be revamped to make it more fair and enjoyable.

I'm also not a huge fan of kickstarters. I don't like sending my gold into the void for a made-up cause, and I'm not sure they do much to fix our economy, especially as they keep releasing gold generators. I will donate to them occasionally for an achievement or item, but I tend to do so grudgingly. Of the recent kickstarters, I liked the ones for the NSTG (it was nice to see Gaia highlighting a guild), Louie's shop (at least they tried to give it a story), and the recent Christmas charity one (it was nice to see that Gaia was donating to some real life causes). That said, I think these events could have been handled through something other than a kickstarter requiring users to donate gold to "fund."

I don't think much about tickets because I will almost certainly never have or use one, but it is nice to see Gaians making good use of them by making items that they've always wanted. I can't really say if these items have been good or bad because I'm not the user who wanted them. I personally haven't loved most of the items, though that's just my personal taste. I hope Gaia can streamline this process to make it less frustrating for the users who do use tickets. I kind of like the appear in a CI/become an apprentice shopkeeper/appear in the manga/etc. sorts of tickets, as it's nice to spot users I know when they get their spotlight. :3

GoFusion has been an interesting addition. I do like the feature, but I wish it was more connected to the site. (Where do charms come from? Why is no NPC the "face" of this feature?) I think they're still experimenting with how many charms items should cost - some items are clearly not worth it.

I'm honestly not sure what the point of Club Verge is now. I kind of hope they repurpose it, as right now it doesn't have much of a meaning. I miss the old sponsor items in Mecha Neko, though it is nice that the shop is now open to everyone. I could see some shops being tweaked/repurposed. It would be nice to have an [Animal] only store for Paws, and it would also be nice to see gold shops get more updates. I have mixed feelings about raising gold shop prices. On the one hand, I can see trying to make everything on the site slightly more in line with inflation. On the other hand, I can recall as a new user struggling to make gold to get gold shop items, and now at least most of those items are fairly easily obtainable through just doing the Daily Chance - it's everything else (pretty much anything ever sold with cash) that's hard to get. I do think all shopkeepers should at least get holiday outfits, even if they don't participate in caroling, etc.

More than anything else this year, I've really enjoyed the increased involvement of the staff. I'm glad that they brought back AtA as AtS and have been making use of the Community Spotlight. As Monday evening is the only evening I don't work/have other obligations, I selfishly hope they stick to that time slot, but it might be nice if they could vary it a bit or do other roving staff events so that users who can't make it then can still communicate with the staff. The pre-event question thread is also a nice feature for those who can't make that time slot.

I'm also really glad we're getting regular manga updates. I'd love to see more fun mini comics featuring NPCs we don't get to see very often in addition to the main storyline and event manga.

In 2015, I'm hoping to see more things featuring our NPCs - items, posts, spotlights, contests, interviews, manga, etc. (preferably not them botting around, though). I'm also hoping the staff continue to host AtS and various contests. It's nice to see them post more, whether it's artists posting in the daily update threads to comment on the new item they just made or admins posting in opinion/feedback threads.
Maybe Fafnir will stomp just a bit too close and we can have pan-seared dragon steak for weeks. Of course, you'd manage to scorch the meat even in the dead of everlasting winter.
Salathielly

Does anyone actually eat Fruit Cake? I always just use it as a sort of cakey plate to hold my other cakes that don't taste like old bricks of fruity leather.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
I only hope that by next year they will slow down a little with all these CS announcements.
There is simply too many of them coming in a very short amount of time.
I'm glad that they released more green stuff (too bad most were for the CS, but still) and given people the chance to put their original designs in the spotlight thanks to the tickets.

It's nice that the animal base is getting more items, but they should make more GS items for them as well.
Let's see how that'll work out next year.

Kickstarters would have been great if it wasn't an excuse to spit out more gold gens for people to buy.
I liked them at the beginning, but once the gens started to crawl out of their holes, I stopped donating.
I only donated in December again because the donated gold was for a real life charity, something that I support.
Kickstarters are a good idea, but we don't need one every single week, stop using the as an excuse to make people buy gold gens and for the love of god, stop adding achievements to kickstarters!
They should be earned through events.
Other than that, I hope that next year they will pay more attention to the gold shops.
We could use with more grab bags, more recolors and more items. Specially boots. We could use with more boots.

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
Salathielly
(preferably not them botting around, though)

Two of them crawled out of the woodwork again just for you.
Talk about page stretch.

I am very surprised you answered all my stuff at once, though. biggrin

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Ella-Maie
Salathielly
(preferably not them botting around, though)

Two of them crawled out of the woodwork again just for you.
Talk about page stretch.

I am very surprised you answered all my stuff at once, though. biggrin

Ye gods. emotion_facepalm

Many apologies.

I didn't answer everything, but I really liked your topics and wanted to respond. Sorry my post was so long! (Especially as it was quoted by bots...twice.) That'll teach me to put long responses under a spoiler in the future. sweatdrop

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
Salathielly

I'm not bothered by it any! You didn't do it.
I've got a bemused smile wondering if I can report NPCs for this sort of behavior. xd Probably not...

I guess I'll answer my own in spoilers once I get back to that. Learning my lessons vicariously through you. Just trying to remember all the big things this year was pretty hard.
But it is nice to get different people's "review" of the year, whether short or long.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Ella-Maie
Salathielly

I've got a bemused smile wondering if I can report NPCs for this sort of behavior. xd Probably not...

I guess I'll answer my own in spoilers once I get back to that. Learning my lessons vicariously through you. Just trying to remember all the big things this year was pretty hard.
But it is nice to get different people's "review" of the year, whether short or long.

I don't think reporting them will do any good. xD;;

A lot really has happened this year, goodness. I'd forgotten some of the things you'd mentioned.
Salathielly
Ella-Maie
Salathielly

I don't think reporting them will do any good. xD;;

A lot really has happened this year, goodness. I'd forgotten some of the things you'd mentioned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff