Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Gaia Without Noobies", is the title of a thread I saw last night... Shame on us...

Our momment of shame is when we thought Gaia should be ristricted to oldies or literal people.
Weren't we all noobies at one point? I don't care what you said "noobs" "newbs" "Noobies", it doesn't matter.

I thought Gaia was for everybody, not closed off to some people.
I thought Gaia was about connecting people, not seperating them.
I thought gaia was about fun, not discrimination... Did I think wrong?

In fact, I believe, Gaia needs MORE noobies... More noobies, mean more donations, more donations, more servers, more servers mean less lag.

We should HELP those who don't understand things, and be patiant with those who fill our threads with spam.

And if you agree with this thought, then don't just post about how you agree... DO something... I don't need your confirmation on this idea, but I do request a difference on our part.
So next time you see a noobie getting flamed for not knowing something, you KNOW he needs someone on his side, so be there for him...

and remember, Gaia is what YOU make it.

Domi
Newbs and N00bs are two different things XD

Newbs are someone new
N00bs are stupid people who fail to read the rules, stickies, and or just lack common sence.

Gaia really does not need more n00bs XD
Yesh I agree...but sometimes, n00bs get over annoying..
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new
N00bs are stupid people who fail to read the rules, stickies, and or just lack common sence.

So you're saying, because they're stupid ( in your opinion) they don't deserve to wander the free land of Gaia? Wow... that puts the Gaian reputation low ( and it's already low due to all the flamers)
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

So you're saying, because they're stupid ( in your opinion) they don't deserve to wander the free land of Gaia? Wow... that puts the Gaian reputation low ( and it's already low due to all the flamers)

Correction, /they/ put the Gaian reputation low. We really don't need people who cannot follow the rules. They really don't deserve to 'wander the free land', because they can't do a simple thing like at least reading rules/stickies, and be able to follow them as well.
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

If they don't read the rules, always post in the wrong forum, ask questions in the Q&A that if you just LOOK at the first announcment you would know the answer too, keep posting a thread after it has been deleted.... then yeah, I don't think there should be more XD The ones who are here can stay... but not all newbs turn out to be n00bs... and some n00bs reform XD

Besides n00bs don't donate... they try to beg letters off or people for 1k and call you a c**t if you refuse.
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

Actually it is low due to people who type like this:
"Ogmf i needz gold roflmaololomg!!1" The number of illiterate people on Gaia is increasing, and thus the general intelligence of the community is plummeting.
Broken Dreams
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

If they don't read the rules, always post in the wrong forum, ask questions in the Q&A that if you just LOOK at the first announcment you would know the answer too, keep posting a thread after it has been deleted.... then yeah, I don't think there should be more XD The ones who are here can stay... but not all newbs turn out to be n00bs... and some n00bs reform XD

Besides n00bs don't donate... they try to beg letters off or people for 1k and call you a c**t if you refuse.
You know WHY most noobies don't donate? Chances are because their chased out before they can settle in!

And how the HELL does it affect you if a noobie post something in the wrong forum? Does it mean you've waisted a valubale minute reading his spam? Oh no!

Interesting Pal

I try to be as nice as I can to people who don't understand. 3nodding
Alchemistmerlin
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

Actually it is low due to people who type like this:
"Ogmf i needz gold roflmaololomg!!1" The number of illiterate people on Gaia is increasing, and thus the general intelligence of the community is plummeting.

Intelligence?... Is that what defines Gaia? I thought having a good time was what it's all about, if you want intelligence, then Gaia isn't for you.
Dominerd
Broken Dreams
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

You know WHY most noobies don't donate? Chances are because their chased out before they can settle in!

And how the HELL does it affect you if a noobie post something in the wrong forum? Does it mean you've waisted a valubale minute reading his spam? Oh no!

So we should just let spam run free? ******** the rules and let everyone post wherever they want? Yeah that is a good idea. In fact, let's not have individual forums at all, make everything one giant Chatterbox and have a free for all.

Dominerd

Intelligence?... Is that what defines Gaia? I thought having a good time was what it's all about, if you want intelligence, then Gaia isn't for you.

Wait wait...So it is Okay to chase smart people away because we actually bother to read our own posts before posting them, but NOT okay to do the same to rambling idiots?
Dominerd

There you go again mistaking n00b for newb. Newbs I point in the right direction... N00bs don't have to be new to the site... there are some n00bs that have been on almost as long as I have.

How does it affect me? Well, because for some reason people always feel the need to reply to those threads meaning I have to see it until a mod can get the report I sent in and move it. xp
Alchemistmerlin
Dominerd
Broken Dreams
Dominerd
Broken Dreams

Newbs are someone new

So we should just let spam run free? ******** the rules and let everyone post wherever they want? Yeah that is a good idea. In fact, let's not have individual forums at all, make everything one giant Chatterbox and have a free for all.
I'm asking how a thread that doesn't belong where it is effects you as a Gaian? It doesn't, unless you're so sensitive that reading something where it doesn't belong just causes you to "freak out"
Broken Dreams
Dominerd

There you go again mistaking n00b for newb. Newbs I point in the right direction... N00bs don't have to be new to the site... there are some n00bs that have been on almost as long as I have.

How does it affect me? Well, because for some reason people always feel the need to reply to those threads meaning I have to see it until a mod can get the report I sent in and move it. xp
READ THE FIRST POST PLEASE! I don't care what type of NOOBIE you are, Gaia is free for all to play around in
Dominerd
I'm asking how a thread that doesn't belong where it is effects you as a Gaian? It doesn't, unless you're so sensitive that reading something where it doesn't belong just causes you to "freak out"

It effects me because the rules are there for a reason. If we ignore the rules, then the mods have to work harder. Overworked mods means that less things get taken care of, so even more people ignore the rules, until everything becomes chaos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff