Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Glitch

15,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Burning Barbie
For today's date, I'd rather Gaia celebrate The Day of Silence rather than promoting smoking marijuana.

That would be really nice because they would be promoting something that's positive and exists to help people.

I don't think it would be safe for Gaia Online to celebrate 4/20 since the 'holiday' is based around smoking a illegal drug. Our society, for the most part, doesn't seem to take too kindly to places, sites, etc. encouraging teenagers and young adults to smoke, to drink, to do drugs, etc.

Sage Mage

Slick Southpaw
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I like how everybody's whinging about how celebrating it on Gaia would be promoting 'illegal' drug use. Here in California- the home of Gaia HQ, mind- it really kind of isn't.

Anyway, it'd be lulzy to have an item for it, but I'm not really sure what's left for them to make. We already have hippie stuff, a dime bag, high eyes... oh, no, wait, we don't have any glass pipes yet. A pretty brightly-colored glass pipe would make a good 4/20 tribute. ...And as they tell you in any pipe shop, their products are only for tobacco! If you say you're using it for pot, they'll kick you out! XD

I like when they make items for little holidays. The Pi Day slice was fun. They should definitely do an item for Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day, if only to make people shut the ******** up about it.

They could make it like the cig or cigar with an actual stream of smoke that doesn't have sparklies attached to it. Like the smoking cigar pose in the Ebeneezer Carol item but without the additional snowflakes and sparkle s**t. I'm still bummed that the Sicilian Wiseguy only allows a smoldering cigar in your hand and not in your mouth.

I know that's an item I totally would use, and I really don't care about the importance of the day to begin with. Gaia's been great with bullshit referencing anyways and if they added a terribly cheesy PSA about it, I'd seriously have a grand ol time laughing about it.

Little items for holidays are pretty spiffy. <3

Ugh, a cigar like that would be perfect. We also need cigarillos, not the least because they're the main thing that I smoke IRL.

Shaggy Streaker

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Slick Southpaw
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I like how everybody's whinging about how celebrating it on Gaia would be promoting 'illegal' drug use. Here in California- the home of Gaia HQ, mind- it really kind of isn't.

Anyway, it'd be lulzy to have an item for it, but I'm not really sure what's left for them to make. We already have hippie stuff, a dime bag, high eyes... oh, no, wait, we don't have any glass pipes yet. A pretty brightly-colored glass pipe would make a good 4/20 tribute. ...And as they tell you in any pipe shop, their products are only for tobacco! If you say you're using it for pot, they'll kick you out! XD

I like when they make items for little holidays. The Pi Day slice was fun. They should definitely do an item for Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day, if only to make people shut the ******** up about it.

They could make it like the cig or cigar with an actual stream of smoke that doesn't have sparklies attached to it. Like the smoking cigar pose in the Ebeneezer Carol item but without the additional snowflakes and sparkle s**t. I'm still bummed that the Sicilian Wiseguy only allows a smoldering cigar in your hand and not in your mouth.

I know that's an item I totally would use, and I really don't care about the importance of the day to begin with. Gaia's been great with bullshit referencing anyways and if they added a terribly cheesy PSA about it, I'd seriously have a grand ol time laughing about it.

Little items for holidays are pretty spiffy. <3

Ugh, a cigar like that would be perfect. We also need cigarillos, not the least because they're the main thing that I smoke IRL.
yesssssss emotion_brofist

cos seriously, while it looks nifty holdin the darn thing in my hand, I'd like to pixel puff, kthx.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
This thread -____-

Blessed Wolf

Tezca Frost
Because gaia is a site for all people over the age of 14 and does not want celebrate the use of illegal drugs.
Id be bit more upset if gaia were to do a 4/20 event.

so would i..its so stupid ..

Hygenic Gawker

8,900 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
There're small children on this site.
a housing update with "flower vases" and "glassware"
all at the low low price of 420 gold would be a pretty gaiastaff thing to do 3nodding

Magical Cutie-Pie

16,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
42rd
There're small children on this site.

There better not be! D:
*hangs a childishly scrawn sign up that reads "THIяTEEи AиD UP OиLY!"*
I do agree that there are 13 year olds on the site and that they're already under enough pressure to drink and have sex.
If Gaia goes and promotes recreational use of drugs, it just adds to the peer pressure.
Kids shouldn't be smoking dope.
A kid that I was in high school with is enough of an example of why pre-18 year-olds shouldn't be getting high.
He abused the privilege of going to the bathroom so often that our teachers began sending teacher's assistants to the bathroom with him and he had to return in under 4 minutes.

Kawaii Nerd

Canterellare
Hi-Potion
Its also the Day Of Silence owo;;
And Hitler's bday
and the Stop Kony day xD;;

First of all, that is an awesome avatar. I like the fear in Winny's eyes. Just like from the manga.

Anyways, I didn't know any of those holidays existed, especially for today. All I knew today is 4/20. And why the hell would Gaia bother celebrating it? :/
Day Of Silence (its a pro-gay rights thing), pot day, and hitlers bday happen every year on the same day, its amusing xD
but a day of silence item would be amazing

Kawaii Nerd

Viceroy Adrian
Hi-Potion
Its also the Day Of Silence owo;;
And Hitler's bday
and the Stop Kony day xD;;
Gaia would probably talk about Day of Silence and Kony way before 4/20.

Stop Kony 2012 is dead, hahah, you won't hear much except for people laughing about the hype it temporarily got.
Fffff I want a Kony companion, but thatd be in such low taste since he is still a horrible person xD;;;

but a day of silence item needs to happen ;3;

Fashionable Gekko

9,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
As an advocate for legalization, his multiple medical uses and the joyful consume of drugs in general (be alcohol, cigars or Marihuana) in right measure like the responsible adults that we are. I would get somewhat angry if Gaia did a day, the same way I would be angry if they did a day celebrating the Alcohol day, if there it’s such a thing. A occasional item its not anything bad but to embrace the vice(and yes they are all vices) in a teenager site its highly inappropriate.

Sparkly Pirate

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
I'd rather Gaia avoid taking sides on such heavily political things. I support legalizing it for both medicinal and recreational use, but I'd rather Gaia stay out of this. Especially considering that smoking pot is illegal, I'm not sure it would be a good idea for them to do things that appear to be promoting illegal drug use.

Tipsy Dog

10,450 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
lmao 4/20 isnt a holiday what rofl
it's just an "unofficial" national day, like national pie day or national pancake day or w/e

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Tycoon 200
bedsick
lmao 4/20 isnt a holiday what rofl
it's just an "unofficial" national day, like national pie day or national pancake day or w/e

Thank you i don't think i have seen someone finally post this.

Witty Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Because this site is filled with teenagers and I don't think gaia supports teenagers smoking weed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games