• Grunnyland Expert 250
We "rushed" zOMG? They were promising us a battle system since like 2004 rofl

(and we never did actually get one)

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If they are focusing just on Gaia again thats awesome! however ZOMG players shouldn't get their hopes up as ZOMG is kinda just another game project and Gaia needs to spend time focusing on its core first or it will fall over again.
I would love to see Gaia focus more on the actual site, since it's the only part of Gaia that I ever pay attention to. It's not really that I'm paranoid that the site is actually on the verge of dying.. but I just don't know what I would do with myself if that did actually happen. So.. seeing steps taken to prevent that is good enough for me. I'd even be okay if these were false promises, I think, because at least that means they thought about it. Obviously I hope they aren't false promises, but I'm just saying.

Smitten Businessman

Zeroah
You can also blame us for a part of zOMG's failure. We rushed it, wanted it for soo long.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. confused

Though I do think Gaia listens to its users, I also think you're far overestimating the effect our demands have on the site's development. Features, even when they are clamored for loudly, are always a long time in coming. We didn't rush the release of zOMG any more than we rushed user titles, achievements, or the inventory arranger revamp that has yet to materialize. If the staff are going to emphasize Gaia's status as a business, they have a responsibility to wait until features are ready to launch before they launch them, no matter how badly we want them. That's bog-standard quality assurance. Blaming users for the release of incomplete, unsafe or buggy code is nonsense.
Waltzkrieg
Zeroah
You can also blame us for a part of zOMG's failure. We rushed it, wanted it for soo long.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. confused

Though I do think Gaia listens to its users, I also think you're far overestimating the effect our demands have on the site's development. Features, even when they are clamored for loudly, are always a long time in coming. We didn't rush the release of zOMG any more than we rushed user titles, achievements, or the inventory arranger revamp that has yet to materialize. If the staff are going to emphasize Gaia's status as a business, they have a responsibility to wait until features are ready to launch before they launch them, no matter how badly we want them. That's bog-standard quality assurance. Blaming users for the release of incomplete, unsafe or buggy code is nonsense.
True. But I say everything about the site, good &' bad is always 50/50. We want something so we cry for it until it's given then when it's given if it's not to par we cry again. Maybe they look at it as if we don't get what we want in a lengthy amount of time, the site will fail. I mean look how long it took to give back wings when that could have been taken care of years ago. Out complaints shouldn't force them to give us half done creations, your completely right but I guess as a business, somethings gotta give.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nasyiri
I would love to see Gaia focus more on the actual site, since it's the only part of Gaia that I ever pay attention to. It's not really that I'm paranoid that the site is actually on the verge of dying.. but I just don't know what I would do with myself if that did actually happen. So.. seeing steps taken to prevent that is good enough for me. I'd even be okay if these were false promises, I think, because at least that means they thought about it. Obviously I hope they aren't false promises, but I'm just saying.

Yeah. I'm questioning the release of the new alchemy system

But at the same time, I understand that the summer event, housing for towns 2, and the inventory arranger would appeal to more users than that new system.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Parmesan Snow's avatar Gambinador's avatar GuinAoiichi's avatar Minute or Minute's avatar GollyGeeWillikersMrWilson's avatar Vuvuzelas's avatar
GuinAoiichi
tip for zomg achievements. Although , badges could be said are achievements. It would be could to see achivements for zomg though. But would they be retro active? i don't think so. Would they be kill counters ? Nope. Login counters? maybe?

if there are zomg badges they'll likely be badges only. gaia can't do anything inside zomg...so it would have to be done with stuff like badges. or crafting certain zomg items through the zOMG Exchange.

one time i got a tip from uncle kenny when i mentioned zomg achievements through badges, so that's probably the decided way if zomg ever gets achievement badges, and they'd probably be retroactive.

Friendly Fairy

23,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
It always feels like they're spreading themselves too thin, and all the while parts of the site are becoming so outdated they're unusable. For ages my only reason for visiting Gaia was to play Resort World (RIP), then when it went I figured I'd try getting back into the mini games cos HOC is so not my thing. They're like glitch central....

If they could just bring the inventory and arranger out of the dark ages in the near future though, I'd be super happy.

Retro Punk

Existential Existence
GuinAoiichi
tip for zomg achievements. Although , badges could be said are achievements. It would be could to see achivements for zomg though. But would they be retro active? i don't think so. Would they be kill counters ? Nope. Login counters? maybe?

if there are zomg badges they'll likely be badges only. gaia can't do anything inside zomg...so it would have to be done with stuff like badges. or crafting certain zomg items through the zOMG Exchange.

one time i got a tip from uncle kenny when i mentioned zomg achievements through badges, so that's probably the decided way if zomg ever gets achievement badges, and they'd probably be retroactive.
It would be cool if it were so. BTW , awesome ! Awesome use of the Post action feature !!!

Tried to match my avie to your theme ! sweatdrop xd

EDIT : dang it didn't work. My old avie is still in your post action. xp

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Maggot
I just want to see the facial hair system finally become a reality since they're focusing on the site. emotion_donotwant
User Image

Collector Cutie-Pie

I'm just stumped as to how firing some of their best item artists is going to help them improve the site o . o Items are a huge part of what people spend their time here doing, either via alchemy for the insane ones, playing the market or just questing in general. It seems insulting to me that PRISMs work is so recently in the cash shop making them money and then BAM gone?

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Maggot
I just want to see the facial hair system finally become a reality since they're focusing on the site. emotion_donotwant

I think they need to put the facial hair in the salon. That way there is more colors and a use for gold shop.

Green Gaian

Little Dead Soldier
Maggot

I think they need to put the facial hair in the salon. That way there is more colors and a use for gold shop.
It'll probably just be a new shop, not 100% sure, but this is what Lanzer had to say about it years ago, "Yes we have a lot of designs and we wanted to have a facial hair shop. There are some hiccup and we need to make some major changes to the avatar system to properly support facial hair the way we wanted it to work, though in the near future there might be some facial hair items available.

Great talking to all of you today. I'll see you all next week!"

Tiny Star

11,000 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
Joelthief
This is really bad news for gamer's like me who aren't interested in the forums, items or the manga.
After quitting zomg, I was searching for a place on gaia where I could go next. I got invited to play HoC and got instantly hooked. And now the main reason for me staying on the site is gone. I will probably spend less time on gaia now...nothing else to do here.
Will have to find another challenging game to play somewhere else emo

Fatcat

Don't forget about the aquarium community.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff