Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
zOMG community is used to being neglected, that's not anything new sweatdrop

If Gaia does really shift focus back onto the forums then I will be overjoyed!

This site needs to get back to its roots: anime/manga, roleplaying, discussion, and art. Gaia had its perfect little niche but diluted itself trying to become the next big social media thing.

It sort of shocks me that we haven't hand any updates to the post styles (think, document, etc.) or post actions since...what...the beginning of 2005? The dice and random number generators could at least be modernised, maybe with graphics/click rather than manual entry? Or the ability to set a particular die for a thread so everyone only need click an icon to roll?

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Meromictic
If all of these upgrades to the site happen, I'm curious to see how the zOMG and HOC communities take knowing that none of this new attention will be towards their games. I can't remember if any dev has mentioned us getting new mini games either.

I'm an optimist for the most part and with all the upgrades to everything, that means at some point there won't be anything left but zOMG to work on. The game's still alive, they've said it isn't going anywhere, so at some point it will be addressed. I solo the game so it's taking me a while to do the quests.

And yes, someone--I think it was Narumi or Uncle Kenny--said that the mini-games are being upgraded. I remember someone asking soon after if Frontier Skies would be brought back.

What I'm also hoping occurs is that the NPCs are going to get some love in terms of storylines and such. They're part of the reason that Gaia is unique and has a personality.

Cambrie Noel's Husband

Wicked Demigod

I was honestly very happy to read that they're turning their attention back to Gaia. All these extra things are fine, it just shouldn't take the focus away from their main userbase. I'm all up for new members and keeping them.. but I doubt these new members will come from FB because they played Summer Springs or Backyard Monsters etc.
Maybe with time, they will be adding devs to HoC and zOMG! again, since those are in-game, and perhaps with updates and new additions to the games, those will become more popular x)

Self-sustaining Simp

Hmm, I like the idea and hope it ends up being profitable for Gaia. Imho, in the last few years they've made the mistake of grabbing onto ideas at the last minute(greatly delayed battle system that missed a lot of the features users asked for, facebook games, apps, etc.) so they end up missing the big profit-rush and are briefly profitable before that phase ends and people lose interest. I think they do better when they're coming up with their own ideas and being innovative(evolving items was a genius idea, MCs, towns, etc.), rather than trying to catch up to other sites and methods of funding.

That said, I think games like rumble kitten, etc. are pretty awesome, but when they're not linked back to Gaia, it doesn't give us(their long standing customer base) much incentive to play and if they don't do much advertising beyond us, the people who otherwise might play never get to hear about these apps.

In general, I think it's for the good of the site and I'm interested to see where Gary takes things.

Edit: I think they need to focus on re-building Gaia's community as well, maybe a new sign up page and an advertising push >.>
Maggot
I just want to see the facial hair system finally become a reality since they're focusing on the site. emotion_donotwant

Seeing Lanzer's responses to you in AtA, I'm pretty sure he thinks you just really want him to grow a beard lol That would be a cool feature though.

Tiny Shapeshifter

I can't create a thread right now since I'll be leaving soon, but I noticed there are new items in the DC that might have a connection with zOMG (based on item and description). That's something, for the main site's focus, I guess?

Buccaneer Coat set and Pistolshiv set

and

Hunter's Hoodie set.

Angelic Nitemare

Ridley Starsmore
Well, if they do add achievements like Lei is talking about...I kinda hope they hold off on ones for the newest expansion area. For the time being. Till a way can be found to make it more accessable the most. As it stands, not everyone can devote the time to farm dark orbs to run it right. Where as the main storyline, you can play that pretty much straight and get it fine.

OK, posting at three am when I just woke up is a bad idea...-lol-

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Lei_Trigar
From what I read last night they are still planning to add Achievements to zOMG! (and other Gaia Games), I just hope they are the kill badge related ones..

I just hope they don't include any of the event-related badges since they are no longer attainable. That would suck for those who want to get all possible achievements. On the upside more users would want to play zOMG! in order to go achievement hunting.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I'm actually glad that they are now more focusing on the site instead of Facebook. 3nodding

If they ARE going to focus more on the Events such as the manga, then I might come back to read the plot.

-~-â—†-~-

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Personally, I was thrilled after reading Lanzer's post. I recently wrote a blog post about my wishes for Gaia's future & the main point of the post was to see the staff put its focus back on the actual site & community instead of digging into projects outside of Gaia (like Facebook apps). I'm relieved to know that's what the team had been planning to do.

So yes, seeing Lanzer make that point was a big deal for me. I feel better & I wish the staff lots of luck!

Original Survivor

Rabid-Turtle
Lei_Trigar
From what I read last night they are still planning to add Achievements to zOMG! (and other Gaia Games), I just hope they are the kill badge related ones..

I just hope they don't include any of the event-related badges since they are no longer attainable. That would suck for those who want to get all possible achievements. On the upside more users would want to play zOMG! in order to go achievement hunting.

I don't think they would, not that I would know, but I think implementing the kill badges would be the easiest as it already is connected with the main site, has their own images, and their own unique Title. Maybe even use that Victory one you get for beating EB.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Considering that Uncle Kenny has repeatedly stated that the lost of the Social Teams don't affect Gaia's Team, along with Lanzer's statement that more focus is being put on the main-site; well, HOC seems dead to me (not entirely sure what they classify zOMG as, but its already maintenance mode anyways).

Anyways, I can only hope for (subjectively) better and diverse items, this time around. Which I highly doubt. neutral

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
GeryKo
wait ...huh... but i was thinking we are getting new mini games this summer O_O now what
i sure want to see more attention to the site but ...in the right place ..may be they will work a way around the meebo upcoming problem question

Are we? I know we're getting another summer event and I thought games were mentioned but I'm not 100% sure on it. x.x;

And they are looking for a replacement for Meebo. I hope my request was taken seriously last night about it glittering.

Maggot
I just want to see the facial hair system finally become a reality since they're focusing on the site. emotion_donotwant

lol yeah There are a lot of people I know that would love that feature to become real. XD It would be like christmas!

Lazarus Larkin
See, because HoC is ON the main site and gives you Gaia gold and you don't have to go anywhere near Facebook to play it, I consider it an onsite game.

If they really are going to stop making a bunch of Facebook and iOS games, then that's awesome, though.

I figured since both games were called failures that they were not going to be part of the "to do" list. I could be wrong though. Its happened before.

I really hope they are going to stop with those other games. Its just somewhat irritating because I don't play any of them. And their app doesn't work for s**t on my phone. neutral

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Rabid-Turtle
Lei_Trigar

I dunno. We get achievements for the events we do in the forums. So it wouldn't be much different than that.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nyadriel
I hope they do the Alchemy update sometime this year. emotion_donotwant
At this point it looks like we will be lucky if it comes out this year. XD

But maybe once some of these bigger projects are finished and not crashing the site when they go live, it will be put back into development?

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I will most likely spend less money in the future.
Not because of the recent events.
But rather because I'll have less money in future and need to be able to pay my bills orz emo
I might spend more time offline to focus more into drawing again.
Back then before we had that computer, I was drawing the whole day... or, whenever I had time.
I kinda miss it. Sitting on the comp all the time has turned me lazy and moody :/

I will, however, open a new art shop when I warmed up to drawing again.
I feel so rusty...

Ahh sorry for the rambling lol.

Well, I'm kinda looking forward on what news/updates we'll get in future.
I hope it is not all just annoucements and things under construction forever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff