Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you ready to take up arms for Gaia?!

To protect our world against the scourge of blood! I am ready! 0.58415841584158 58.4% [ 59 ]
That depends. Does she have hairy hooves? 0.099009900990099 9.9% [ 10 ]
Only if she pays well! 0.31683168316832 31.7% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 101 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Cluttered Gaian

PH0ENIX D0WN
EDIT; My version of Gaia-tan (goddess version~) emotion_dealwithit
User Image

Ooh! Love it. Do you want me to add that to the second post?

Obsidian Banshee
Quote:
Who was Meili's father, if he had one? What was the idea behind deific offspring? Was she preparing for her own possible demise at the hand of her enemy before his imprisonment?

So I'm totally studying Greek Mythology right now (I have an essay about Gaia and other mother goddesses I'm working on RIGHT NOW) and I have a theory about this!

In the beginning, Gaia created Herself from Chaos. She bore asexually Ouranos, the Mountains, and Pontus (the sea). We know very little of what Gaia is like here, but perhaps she in fact created Meili asexually. What if, too, she created Nyx asexually? It would certainly be interesting!

There are reasons I left a caveat if "if" he had a father. cool
Oho! So you're positing that she may be Nyx's mother as well?! Now THAT is a theory I haven't seen the likes of before, ten for you. I'd love to see that followed up on. It hadn't even occurred to me to question his origins.
(WHAT OTHER MOTHER GODDESSES can I nerd out with you please ;w;?)

Shameless Streaker

Jayce Reinhardt
The Moonlight Densetsu
Slick Southpaw
Sweatpants Princess

Jack was, and always has been, a wild card. Meili said she punished him for his indiscretion. Perhaps we'd have the chance to see how if he wasn't cowering from a certain someone working against the very order of the world, hm?!

Slick Southpaw
Sweatpants Princess
Pssst, you're missing another pic of the goddess, Gaia; I have it posted in my first page of Nyx thread with theories presented by me n' Qyp.

oh s**t uh okay I can look!
this is what I get for only following the recent pages, isn't it. XD I didn't see anything.
pffft

perhaps it's time for a regime change since as far as we know, Gaia was jealous of Nyx and his potential; and banished him because she couldn't stand a different bloke walkin n' talkin around talk2hand

looooool

I keep updated on my dark Lord and that Gaia lady. Information is key to winning the war.

pirate Figured you needed a freebie since it appears Gaia's side functions on payout as opposed to loyalty

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz4/XxXxSerenaxXxX/Shouting.png~original
An impostor sailor senshi is speaking☽☾ ...

Are you seriously gonna ignore the 20thousand pound elephant in the room?
This isn't jealousy, this obviously has to do with the affair Gaia and Nyx were/are having.

Thanks for listening♥

You mean a lovers spat?

User Image
An impostor sailor senshi is speaking☽☾ ...

It's a love-hate thing. emotion_8c They need to get their s**t together before Gaia pops out that baby.

Thanks for listening♥

Undead Specter

33,315 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sweatpants Princess
PH0ENIX D0WN
EDIT; My version of Gaia-tan (goddess version~) emotion_dealwithit
User Image

Ooh! Love it. Do you want me to add that to the second post?

Obsidian Banshee
Quote:
Who was Meili's father, if he had one? What was the idea behind deific offspring? Was she preparing for her own possible demise at the hand of her enemy before his imprisonment?

So I'm totally studying Greek Mythology right now (I have an essay about Gaia and other mother goddesses I'm working on RIGHT NOW) and I have a theory about this!

In the beginning, Gaia created Herself from Chaos. She bore asexually Ouranos, the Mountains, and Pontus (the sea). We know very little of what Gaia is like here, but perhaps she in fact created Meili asexually. What if, too, she created Nyx asexually? It would certainly be interesting!

There are reasons I left a caveat if "if" he had a father. cool
Oho! So you're positing that she may be Nyx's mother as well?! Now THAT is a theory I haven't seen the likes of before, ten for you. I'd love to see that followed up on. It hadn't even occurred to me to question his origins.
(WHAT OTHER MOTHER GODDESSES can I nerd out with you please ;w;?)

The other goddesses I'm writing about are Demeter and Hera. Specifically, Demeter's myth cycle with Persephone and Hera's lack of motherly tendencies in ancient myth, juxtaposed with modern pagan ideologies. Mother goddesses are absolutely fascinating!

TO ADD TO THIS IDEA: Nyx in ancient myth was a goddess, specifically a titaness. Here, Nyx is a god. Gaia advised Zeus in overthrowing the Titans by using the help of her children whom Cronus locked back up inside her. After that the Titans were banished to Tartarus. Possibly??? Nyx may be one of many whom are banished.

Cluttered Gaian

Meushi
I really hope Gaia is a mix of both plant like and animal parts. I think she'd be so super cool if she was just barely human looking. I really want her to have horns. Avatar or not I just want her to have them LOL

I had a crack theory a long time ago that Gaia and Nyx were both THE creator gods of the world and everything. Gaia was more Earth base while Nyx more of the sky. He created the star people, space and beyond while Gaia the earth spirits and gods, but they both created the world of Gaia, not the goddess mind you. However something happened that caused Nyx to change. Maybe he didn't like how those on the earth were able to interact with Gaia, or maybe he didn't like how they were abusing her and she wasn't doing anything about it. In the end he did some major no nos and Gaia was the one who ended up banishing/trapping him in limbo. Keep in mind peeps, Nyx sent to a place he couldn't get out but he wasn't killed. VEEERY interesting I think...

You know, I keep hoping someone else will comment on this. ;_; Favorite post.

She will be the first humanoid to be plantlike at all, I think we can be certain of that much. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of her with horns, so the fact that even that avatar included antlers is nice. ;3; Considering both Meili and Nyx have beastlike attributes, it seems a natural conclusion that she would as well but of course now that it's been said it won't happen.

and just rrrgh yeah your version of her with especially animalistic upper body for contrast. Perfection. *3* and it would make sense if she was barely human! 'cause she represents a whole world with many nonhuman elements!!

What kind of thing do you think happened to make his views change? Was he jealous or afraid and lashing out? Did he break some huge rule? Attack humanity or her in some way? *3*

Alien Sweetheart

Sweatpants Princess
Meushi
I really hope Gaia is a mix of both plant like and animal parts. I think she'd be so super cool if she was just barely human looking. I really want her to have horns. Avatar or not I just want her to have them LOL

I had a crack theory a long time ago that Gaia and Nyx were both THE creator gods of the world and everything. Gaia was more Earth base while Nyx more of the sky. He created the star people, space and beyond while Gaia the earth spirits and gods, but they both created the world of Gaia, not the goddess mind you. However something happened that caused Nyx to change. Maybe he didn't like how those on the earth were able to interact with Gaia, or maybe he didn't like how they were abusing her and she wasn't doing anything about it. In the end he did some major no nos and Gaia was the one who ended up banishing/trapping him in limbo. Keep in mind peeps, Nyx sent to a place he couldn't get out but he wasn't killed. VEEERY interesting I think...

She will be the first humanoid to be plantlike at all, I think we can be certain of that much. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of her with horns, so the fact that even that avatar included antlers is nice. ;3; Considering both Meili and Nyx have beastlike attributes, it seems a natural conclusion that she would as well but of course now that it's been said it won't happen.

and just rrrgh yeah your version of her with especially animalistic upper body for contrast. Perfection. *3* and it would make sense if she was barely human! 'cause she represents a whole world with many nonhuman elements!!

What kind of thing do you think happened to make his views change? Was he jealous or afraid and lashing out? Did he break some huge rule? Attack humanity or her in some way? *3*

Well it would really depend on how Nyx as a person is I guess. It could be that Nyx grew very jealous of how the other gods/spirits/humans/creatures treated her. Like a mother let's say. They could have offered her gifts and things like that and over time Nyx saw that very few looked to him or offered anything. He could have made it so that in the end others had to offer blood sacrifices to please him. And if they didn't he did bad things. This could have caused Gaia to be like Dude no. What are you doing? Stop! And that could have caused his banishment or something like that.

Or it could be like I said, humans/creatures/gaians weren't treating Gaia the best they could. Nyx could see this and was upset that Gaia wasn't doing anything to stop them. She was just letting them do whatever they wanted. It could be to help Gaia, Nyx decided to take actions of his own. He could have harmed or killed or anything to the Gaians and Gaia saw this and was very upset that he did it. This could have caused him to be very bitter towards her because after all, he was only trying to help.

Or we could just say go with, Gaia created everything including Nyx, Nyx was a spoiled and evil child and wanted more power and decided he would take on Gaia and thus become more powerful himself. It's a more simple answer but who knows really what could have happened.

Personally I kind of like the idea that Gaians were doing things to Gaia and Nyx felt he had to do something to stop it. However it caused a large riff between him and Gaia and one thing lead to another and soon he was banished. Most likely his hate and bitterness just grew from there.

Sparkly Star

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
I've gotta support Gaia. Count me in here~

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Meushi
Sweatpants Princess
Meushi

Well it would really depend on how Nyx as a person is I guess. It could be that Nyx grew very jealous of how the other gods/spirits/humans/creatures treated her. Like a mother let's say. They could have offered her gifts and things like that and over time Nyx saw that very few looked to him or offered anything. He could have made it so that in the end others had to offer blood sacrifices to please him. And if they didn't he did bad things. This could have caused Gaia to be like Dude no. What are you doing? Stop! And that could have caused his banishment or something like that.

Or it could be like I said, humans/creatures/gaians weren't treating Gaia the best they could. Nyx could see this and was upset that Gaia wasn't doing anything to stop them. She was just letting them do whatever they wanted. It could be to help Gaia, Nyx decided to take actions of his own. He could have harmed or killed or anything to the Gaians and Gaia saw this and was very upset that he did it. This could have caused him to be very bitter towards her because after all, he was only trying to help.

Or we could just say go with, Gaia created everything including Nyx, Nyx was a spoiled and evil child and wanted more power and decided he would take on Gaia and thus become more powerful himself. It's a more simple answer but who knows really what could have happened.

Personally I kind of like the idea that Gaians were doing things to Gaia and Nyx felt he had to do something to stop it. However it caused a large riff between him and Gaia and one thing lead to another and soon he was banished. Most likely his hate and bitterness just grew from there.

I love your ideas! smile I was reading on Nyx and it mentioned that the goddess was rarely at the center of any cults and mostly existed in the background. Nyx might have gotten frustrated, or jealous of the attention other gods and goddesses were getting.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Obsidian Banshee
Quote:

I like this for a few reasons. 1) It'd be nice to see some representation you know? 2) I like that it'd avoid any usual tropes about wronged romances, or typical family drama 3) the rift or drama would have been due to something else.

Alien Sweetheart

Sheshira
Meushi
Sweatpants Princess
Meushi

I love your ideas! smile I was reading on Nyx and it mentioned that the goddess was rarely at the center of any cults and mostly existed in the background. Nyx might have gotten frustrated, or jealous of the attention other gods and goddesses were getting.

This could be very true! I try not to base anything off of real Mythology. Just very very basic stuff if I do. I feel like that maybe most of the creatures of the night in Gaia are somehow linked to him though. Not sure. I believe the goddess Nyx was associated with vampires too but I could be wrong about that.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Ysavvryl
AriaMontbella
If Goddess Gaia looked like that figure in the announcements... than who exactly was Gaia-tan? I thought she represented all of Gaia. eek

Gaia has many forms depending on the situation (or maybe even mood). I mean, she even has a male form! But she seems to favor red-orange hair at least.
maybe. Gaia-tan is her human Form!

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Kid Jak
Marshmlow1
Kid Jak
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

By our forums Combined She is Captain Gaia!

Yes..Just yes

Captain Gaia she's our Hero

She's gonna bring inflation down to Zero!
she'll ban those gold generators out of the site, to peace and harmony on our side!

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
I stand ready to hunt down Gaia's enemies!!!! And I'll be bringing the wrath of fire, lighting, and water along with my trusty blade!

Maybe Gaia-tan is her daughter???? Or an avatar she's using to keep an eye on us??? We've never seen Gaia-tan in the comics....

And I think she should wear the stuff from Gogh Reed so she has all the elements in her attire

But what about the Wrath of Gaia item???? We saw four giant mechas, maybe she's a Wrench Wench???? and those are her old projects???? Though it wouldn't surprise me if Nyx hijacked them and sent them to make us think Gaia was mad at us.

Cluttered Gaian

Master Kenshin Ryuu
I stand ready to hunt down Gaia's enemies!!!!

Maybe Gaia-tan is her daughter???? Or an avatar she's using to keep an eye on us???

And I think she should wear the stuff from Gogh Reed so she has all the elements in her attire

I like you! Ah, good ideas!
(I think aside from the captain planet fans, you're the first one to mention her and all the basic elements.)

Quote:
We saw four giant mechas, maybe she's a Wrench Wench???? and those are her old projects????.

That would explain Hephaes, in a way!

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
Sweatpants Princess
Master Kenshin Ryuu
I stand ready to hunt down Gaia's enemies!!!!

Maybe Gaia-tan is her daughter???? Or an avatar she's using to keep an eye on us???

I like you! Ah, good ideas!
(I think aside from the captain planet fans, you're the first one to mention her and all the basic elements.)

Quote:
We saw four giant mechas, maybe she's a Wrench Wench???? and those are her old projects????.

That would explain Hephaes, in a way!

To be fair, I'm going the elemental ninja route through training and being in tune with nature. If I could find a swirling stone effect besides Stone Gauntlet I'd use that, the SG is just to big to use.

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
Just read the latest manga pages and it seems the Avatar example released with the items is pretty much spot on.

BTW, the flaming devil avatar is the result of being converted to the Sentai team and the sudden influx of Hot Blood causing me to go into blazing mode. But I'll only burn Nyx and his minions. twisted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff