Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

Holy CRAP that looks complicated.
It kind of makes me think of the Catz program I had on my old Windows 98 computer a bajillion years ago.

I am intrigued, Gaia....I am intrigued...

Desirable Fatcat

I'm not exctited/cautious about this. :/

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Vahlkyrie
I'm not exctited/cautious about this. :/
Unless the pets are equipable, itll be useless to me Dx

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I want to be excited about this but you'll probably need gc emotion_eyebrow

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
... I have 3 RL kitties and a dog to look after already! BAW.

But seriously, I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems like quite a lot of work, and as some have suggested, I think it might utilise GC ... sadly ... so I don't know if I'll try it. Maybe I'll take a look once it comes out.

Impassioned Misfit

I've always wanted to bread kittens! twisted rofl

Timid Spirit

It's obvious that the pet system will involve GC but it would be such a great gold sink >n <
Let's hope they'll add more pets... I want a cute little owl! >u <

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150
those price tags lol

Friendly Gaian

Todes Sehnsucht

It's obvious that the pet system will involve GC but it would be such a great gold sink >n <
Let's hope they'll add more pets... I want a cute little owl! >u <

It would be be a great way to sink gold. But honestly, I don't see that happening. If they wanted to fix the economy they would have stop selling gold... xD

But in all, I do like the idea of pets. O: It would be interesting.

Timid Spirit

Negi163
those price tags lol

I think they're just place holders... ninja

cuppyeecakes's Significant Otter

Hoarder

18,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
" o i n k "

ok, so i did some digging...

Pets: The Intermission
If you followed my previous journal entries and posts in the forums, you'll know that the Pets system was supposed to come out shortly after the end of the Summer event's test run of the core features. Well, as with most things, that plan hasn't exactly worked the way we wanted it to and we've ended up spending an extra month trying to finish everything we wanted to do for the launch. Unfortunately, even our super human attempts at that have not completed the project in the timeframe we had for it so it is going to be delayed a bit more.

Now, before you get all worked up and try to put blame on someone, this isn't an issue of someone not letting us finish the project. The problem with continuing is that the main developers for Pets are Codemonkey and myself, but we're also the main developers for site events. Our biggest event of the year, Halloween, is quickly coming up and we want to make sure that we have enough time to make it super awesome and amazing with the least number of distractions possible. If we were to continue working on Pets right now, we would eat into the time we've set aside for creating Halloween and we just don't want to take that risk. So it sucks that we can't get Pets out now but we determined that Halloween deserved its full amount of attention so we can give you the best event possible.

Don't worry though, Pets is /not/ being cancelled, just delayed. Once we get through Halloween/the holidays, we'll pick Pets back up and complete what we have left. It may even be a benefit for the whole project as the extra time may even give us a chance to add features for the launch that we were initially not going to include. We've worked far too much and hard on this to let it fall by the wayside so as soon as we can, we're going to be back on it again. Until then, I hope you can understand why we had to decide what we did and that you can agree it'll be for the best in the long run.

Stay tuned, I'll be sure to throw some juicy Halloween hints soon. The epic battle between two legends draws near, whose side will you join?

- Kenny

source

He's also got a lot more info in his journal to check out. Just didn't feel like copy/pasting the whole thing here.

This is the most recent information I've seen:
Late Fall Development Update
Pets
Development on this is still on hold until later. Like weddings, it's not likely we'll have anything new to show until next year.

source

I'd dig through his post history as well, but I'm lazy and I don't think people care too much about this yet
Seeing as how it's been put on hold for a bit

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Wow I'm excited. O:

....Are there gonna be other animals? I want a rat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff