Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Bard

18,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
I might end up hanging on there a bit but only for the sake of trying to get more publicity for my art. And my less anime styles…

But honestly, I don't like the avatars that much (I love cute things and it's just not possible with their current items and approach in general.) I don't really know if it'll take off and I won't be really trying over there as far as socializing. Doesn't help that the pages fit wonky on my laptop screen so I have to drag it over to my 2nd screen to see stuff half the time...

Bashful Punching Bag

9,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • 1 Win 50
I don't know whether to love it or hate it, the AVI's are really much nicer looking although the items are still kinda limited. The NSFW content blew my mind away and distrubed me a little bit but there wasn't much on it aside from that since all the RPing going on was like multi-para and full serious lit stuff that was annoying to read. But the Unravel and the posting was easier and less distracting then Gaia's much more advanced way of doing things.

Unbeatable Hunter

meh dunno
looks just okay

Bibliophile

I'm still very confused about the staff that is working on this new site and the staff that is working here... For some reason I remember Gaia-staff reassuring users here that work on the new site would be done by an entirely new team and Gaia staff would just be focussing on Gaiaonline. Yet some staffmembers of Gaia are listed as staff on Tentacl too :/

Plus, when browsing around Tentacl I found a staffmember there posting this:
Quote:
I'm digging this "dual-tone" hair dye trend (that's what Lanzer called it as he walked past my monitor just now).

Lanzer is in the office of people working on Tentacl, so working on Tentacl himself too? Or are people shifting between working on Gaia and working on Tentacl?

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
It's all kinda ugly emotion_8c

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25
This seems like absolute butts.

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Exotahu
This seems like absolute butts.

Literally, if I correctly understand what the new site is about/for. emotion_awesome

Divine Muse

If there was just something to do besides dress up and post. . . .
It looks really shitty.

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Well, it is new, hopefully, as time goes by, they will add new things to make it more exciting.
It's really called beta for a reason.

I mean, idk how gaia was on it's first day because i wasnt here then, but I'm pretty sure they were somewhat limited and as the years went on, they grew to what they are now.

I'm not fond of a few things on it, but I do believe it has potential.

Divine Muse

MonkeyGirl188
Well, it is new, hopefully, as time goes by, they will add new things to make it more exciting.

I mean, idk how gaia was on it's first day because i wasnt here then, but I'm pretty sure they were somewhat limited and as the years went on, they grew to what they are now.

Gaia was slow at first and didn't have much either but I do have hope this could become a success.

Though I'm wondering if I'll be disappointed again though since a pattern is set.

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Jayce Reinhardt
MonkeyGirl188

Gaia was slow at first and didn't have much either but I do have hope this could become a success.

Though I'm wondering if I'll be disappointed again though since a pattern is set.

I hope it'll be a success too.
If it wasn't worth it in the end, I just won't go back to it. =

Divine Muse

MonkeyGirl188
Jayce Reinhardt
MonkeyGirl188

I hope it'll be a success too.
If it wasn't worth it in the end, I just won't go back to it. =

Yea but I worry I might get my hopes too high for it.

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
It's funny that I stumbled upon this thread because I seriously JUST discovered the site was up and live this morning; as of this posting I don't know what the hell my feels are about it. cat_sweatdrop

On the one hand, if I am correctly understanding what the site is for, I can see the potential. Being an adult myself (and always having been an adult since joining Gaia) it would be wonderful to be able to talk about adult things with fellow adults without stressing about my account getting le hammering of ban. I have a really warped sense of humor and my writing is...well, left to my own devices I am anything but child-friendly. cat_sweatdrop So the idea of not having to worry about age-related matters would be super awesome for this one; beyond super awesome.

On the other (heavier) hand, I really ******** love Gaia. cat_mad And I slightly resent this so-called 'sister site' simply because it seems like it is leeching off of my favorite thing on the internet...and, what is worse, it seems (if the rumors have any truth to them) that this new site is what is causing a lot of the...unfriendly...decisions towards Gaia's...well, just about everydamnthing. I don't even know where to start with all of that, so I won't. I can't add anything that someone else has not already said.

So I am torn; I don't like it because it seems as if it is going to hurt Gaia (or that it might already have, since there are so many people that believe this is what all the Cash-pushing has been about; if all of this really HAS been about funneling funds towards something not related to the site I would be sorely upset, just as I was furious about all the money put towards Facebook games) but I really like the idea of having a version of Gaia for adults. Thing is, it won't be Gaia and I know that logically. And there is a part of me that wants to join the site to see what it is about but I feel as if I do that I am encouraging something that might have bruised up my very reason for wanting to join the damn site in the first place.

@.@ ********. Now my head hurts and I've thought myself into a mood. xD

Shadowy Enchantress

29,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
*facepalm* I can't believe they actually went with Tentacl....

Either way, the site's pretty choppy so far, which is expected since it's still new. Aside from that it's just not very interesting. I guess whoever made it was just thinking 18+ essentially means sexual. A good portion of the site seems to be geared towards that, so it ends up feeling more like a dating site trying to feed on the "new social media" craze. Only this time there are custom avatars, and for an asexual like me who was looking forward to a site with an older crowd but not interested in dating/sex, that's pretty much its only appeal.

I'm really hoping it picks up as they continue to work on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff