Welcome to Gaia! ::

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Razumi Yazura
Nah. It's just a different option for people to do on the side.

Yeah. That should help.
yeah, it's just a cool extra! at least for me.

mhm. i mean i usually welcome nsfw stuff, but sometimes i do have to filter, and i know others do too.

Green Gaian

They add some green items and they just had to be weed themed. emotion_facepalm

Impassioned Misfit

Razumi Yazura
Steeple
Oh, so that's what that was! I'll check it out later because im lazy.

At a first glance, im glad there isn't a too-similar avatar thing. because i can't split my attention between two sites. burning_eyes But those avatars do look neat! And I think the headshots work very well for that. ^u^ The level system makes me curious about what that's about.

Haven't seen much content so far since i just skimmed it, but I do like an "official" hub for 18+ gaians. 3nodding
The levelling system grants items, gold, and diamonds. From the looks like it, level 40 is angelic wings and 50 is an angelic halo.

Glad that they added a filter for the NSFW section now.
"The levelling system grants items, gold, and diamonds. From the looks like it, level 40 is angelic wings and 50 is an angelic halo."

Wait, wait, wait, what? Are you being facetious or?

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
"The levelling system grants items, gold, and diamonds. From the looks like it, level 40 is angelic wings and 50 is an angelic halo."

I'm not sure what you mean? Someone made a guide.

Impassioned Misfit

Razumi Yazura
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

I'm not sure what you mean? Someone made a guide.
I wasn't sure if you were joking, it was just really surprising to me. Could you direct me to this guide, please? 3nodding

Mysterious Trickster

Maggot

Apparently being 18 and over means acting like Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber, among other things. emotion_facepalm

I still do not have hope for that.... waste of cyber space.
Chibi Halo

That's the thing right there. The more "Because I can" stuff people post the more the site fails to be interesting and keep people there and the more of a failure it becomes on the whole. If that site fails then we'll be right back where we were when HoC failed. There will be layoffs and staff members struggling to get things done and it'll be a huge mess.

For a site like that having a place to discuss the current events of the day, your basic entertainment section, a place for sports, a politics section, a place for sticking up artwork, a place to talk relationships that doesn't involve getting too detailed about fetishes and fantasies, your basic chit chat spot, and a spot to get real racy when discussing stuff like your sex life and sex toys. Those are the basics any good adult site should have. On top of that anything extra they add is icing on the cake. The fact that they're letting nearly everything slide by has me thinking they don't know how to run and police what's supposed to be a college age and up site because they're too used to running your basic teens and older avatar site like Gaia. It's obvious with the way some of the clothing fits the avatars and how the site layout looks like it only works on 22 inch monitors. That place needs a lot of work on the concept and policing side of things before it can come out of beta and be considered a stand alone site.

Well I would ideally like to not throw the people behind the site under the proverbial bus, they kind of set the tone with the name of the site itself.

Most people, coming from Gaia (assuming that is where your intital userbsae is), already think of the reference that name makes, especially knowing it's supposed to be a mature site.

The communities themselves also set the tone (can people even make their own communities in there by the way). You only have NSFW, but you don't have all those other categories. So, to be fair or unfair, they sort of asked for this.

Time-traveling Senshi

Kara Winters
Chibi Halo

That's the thing right there. The more "Because I can" stuff people post the more the site fails to be interesting and keep people there and the more of a failure it becomes on the whole. If that site fails then we'll be right back where we were when HoC failed. There will be layoffs and staff members struggling to get things done and it'll be a huge mess.

For a site like that having a place to discuss the current events of the day, your basic entertainment section, a place for sports, a politics section, a place for sticking up artwork, a place to talk relationships that doesn't involve getting too detailed about fetishes and fantasies, your basic chit chat spot, and a spot to get real racy when discussing stuff like your sex life and sex toys. Those are the basics any good adult site should have. On top of that anything extra they add is icing on the cake. The fact that they're letting nearly everything slide by has me thinking they don't know how to run and police what's supposed to be a college age and up site because they're too used to running your basic teens and older avatar site like Gaia. It's obvious with the way some of the clothing fits the avatars and how the site layout looks like it only works on 22 inch monitors. That place needs a lot of work on the concept and policing side of things before it can come out of beta and be considered a stand alone site.

Well I would ideally like to not throw the people behind the site under the proverbial bus, they kind of set the tone with the name of the site itself.

Most people, coming from Gaia (assuming that is where your intital userbsae is), already think of the reference that name makes, especially knowing it's supposed to be a mature site.

The communities themselves also set the tone (can people even make their own communities in there by the way). You only have NSFW, but you don't have all those other categories. So, to be fair or unfair, they sort of asked for this.

Right like I said the site needs a lot of work before it can stand on its own and it's kind of happening on a case by case basis. For example, before the NSFW stuff could just be there out in the open for all to see. Now you can choose to flag something as NSFW and people will see an NSFW spoiler type censor for it now because people expressed their concern that while they're okay with that kind of stuff they still don't want younger people coming across it accidentally. So hopefully they'll figure those things out before they take the leap out of Beta.

Enduring Phantom

Wow...it's so...ugly...I'm not impressed

Ruthless Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The name of the site alone is disgusting.

SuccuViv's Bae

Can I ask the important question here?

Is this 18+ site the reason why Gaia is such an economic disaster now?

Because if I'm following the rumors that Gaia Interactive needed the extra $$$ to build this new site, this wasn't an even trade up.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I love the site despite swearing off Gaia. The items are lacking and the avatar system isn't that great, but I love the avatars themselves. At...least males. Females look horrid but maybe that's just me.

But I guess maybe I'm just happy to talk to Gaians again. I really wish Ask Tentacl was more of a GCD though, haha.

I THOUGHT I'D HATE IT
BUT NO

Unfortunately it seems to maybe be dying down, so that's sad. Maybe just the places I'm chillin' in.

Oh well.
Errodu
Can I ask the important question here?

Is this 18+ site the reason why Gaia is such an economic disaster now?

Because if I'm following the rumors that Gaia Interactive needed the extra $$$ to build this new site, this wasn't an even trade up.

To be honest, I think it was a guess or a theory among users. It shouldn't be the reason why Gaia has been pushing so many GC items. There are other companies out there that own more than one site and don't need to do this much pushing when they wish to launch another.

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Maggot

Well, it IS one of the biggest holidays of the year (if you work at Taco Bell)...so I can see why they'd commemorate it. lol

Anyway, back on track. I think it has potential (okay, I say that about nearly everything), but they flubbed the rollout. I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, and there ARE a lot of nice things that Tentacl does that Gaia either doesn't do or can't do (for example, image hosting), but there are huge gaping holes in functionality.

For starters, the site's designed for desktops with huge monitors. (Or laptops with high-res screens.) This is...to be blunt, totally ******** dumbass - at the very least, design so the site is mobile-compatible and that the major feature is USABLE on mobile. (Especially when the analogous feature has long been compatible on mobile on the mothership.)

More importantly, I get the feeling that users are just dumped in! I know I felt like it - and while I did check my e-mail and see a handy guide, that's something I didn't see until the next time I checked my e-mail. The on-ramping is horrible, and even a bit of an explainer would go a hell of a long way.

Finally, yeah, it feels like it's a free-for-all. While the threads I've been in have been well-behaved so far, this isn't going to last (especially when - say - 4chan gets wind of this). Given Gaia's history of having organized trolling issues in the past (although that was mostly in the Boxxy era), it's stunning that they're just being so laissez-faire about things now. (Okay, the coordinated spam attacks were years ago, BUT STILL.)

They have improved the entire NSFW freaky b***h assault - I hardly see NSFW stuff now, and I have filtering turned off! (That is, I only see it if I look for it.) Although, to be honest, like...I feel like it's less of a "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" issue (because, yes, the children are thinking of you...naked) and more of a "your kink is not my kink" issue. That is, the problem here isn't so much kiddies being scarred by seeing GDer tits, it's GCDers being scarred by seeing GDer tits. (Not that some GDers don't have nice tits, mind you. It's just that I'd rather not find out. Sorry, ladies. And gents.)

Manly Lunatic

Are you serious?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas