Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Lover

12,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
Chibi Halo

That's just it. Kenny's heart is in the right place and I commend him for trying with this gold sink we're going to be getting but it will only be a short term situation. Gaia needs untimed long term massive gold sinks that give us something in return. The answer to giving us something to spend on shouldn't be more quick Cash sales. I'll admit I was saying Gaia could use a good sale or two in the Cash Shop but not like this. I was talking reduced prices so more supply could get out there and things could deflate a little.

Gaia now has a laundry list of things that they have to do in order to clean up this mess and get the economy back on a natural path:

1. They need to admit that the gold enconomy on Gaia is totally messed up and that they're looking into LONG TERM ways to balance out things.

2. They need to promise they'll lay off future Flynn's Booty sales for at least a year.

3. They need to space out their flash sales from one or two a week to one or two A MONTH.

4. Their gold shop releases need to be beefier and pricier meaning more items for at least fifty grand or more.

5. Every shop needs a recolor grab bag for gold only including the D*C.

6. Playpen games need a gold paying tournament option for possible Wing Sticker payouts.

There's possibly more but this would be a good start to healing the damage done by Flynn's Booty. People on Gaia feel like they don't have anything to spend their gold on, that's not art; profiles; graphics; and breedables, and it's just causing all the excess gold to sit around rotting away becoming useless. Oh sure Cash items have their appeal but that just transfers gold with a minimum amount taken out. It's not enough. I understand the aim is to make back lost production costs and get people interested in becoming Cash users but that won't do anything if it's at the expense of the gold economy on Gaia. You want Cash users again Gaia then bring back the AutoCash discount. That's the reward, and the honey, needed to bring people back to Cash.

I just want to hug you because everything you've said in this thread is so insightful and true.

Prince Demon

22,150 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500
De Chimera
Leothalis v2
Yes, thank the people that keep the site up for you, that make it not pay to play currently or even shut down.

Because they're the real monsters, putting money into something they enjoy.
Shame on them, they should be allowed any fun.

so you think it's ok for them to ask 49000 cash for a set of pixel wings?
that's about 500 dollars.

YES, who are you to tell people what they can or cannot buy? What they can or cannot enjoy?

These people are essentially paying for a site that EVERYONE can enjoy. And if you're here just for expensive items, either work through them through traditional means or put on some pants and get a job.

Gooooooood god

Barton Senshi

Exploding Tofu
I just want to hug you because everything you've said in this thread is so insightful and true.

Narumi's said there are certain monthly quotas that he's being told to meet but you don't try and meet them at the expense of the customer's enjoyment of the overall product. The more they try and force us to buy things the more the consumer will boycott with their pocketbooks by withholding money and then they'll be right back where they started. Gaia's trying to get new Cash users on the site but they're going about it the wrong way. They lost a lot of AutoCash subscribers when they let the discounts run their course. This is why I say we need to have those back. More people will be willing to use AutoCash again and spend Cash if they had those discounts in place again.

Dangerous Hunter

12,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hunter 50
Stock Market Crash - Gaia Edition

Seriously, though. Anyone notice they took out all the games that make big gold?
In HoC, you could earn a maximum of 50k (I forgot how much 5k game point things convert to)
everyday!

We should start a boycott.

Gaia's abusing that banhammer, too.

Vicious Cutie-Pie

I really hate how some users are acting like this is no big deal. If this continues then there may be no GaiaOnline to come to anymore. Some people can't just ignore the things that are going on when half the fun on this site exists in questing items and building avatars. When items become so out of reach to users I think you'll find that there isn't much point in coming on here anymore.

Loyal Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
HoIy Macaroni
I really hate how some users are acting like this is no big deal. If this continues then there may be no GaiaOnline to come to anymore. Some people can't just ignore the things that are going on when half the fun on this site exists in questing items and building avatars. When items become so out of reach to users I think you'll find that there isn't much point in coming on here anymore.

Yes, i agree wholeheartedly!
this is my basic point, it's not fun trying to quest when things cost and arm & a leg.

Loyal Friend

Club Verge's doing? I keep hearing people trying to bring Club Verge into this somehow. Blame Flynn's Booty for flooding currency into a closed economy and lowering the value of each unit of currency. The 1 mil I busted my a** to finally make this year is now peanuts compared to everything else. On top of that I don't what's what in the mp anymore, as prices are going up and up as opposed to up and down.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
De Chimera
it's unfair to low gold members give rewards for sinking millions of gold into it.

>implying anything on Gaia was ever "fair".

There has always been a hierarchy of members due to the fact that gaia cash was available, it's not something that has just started to happen in the last few weeks.

If a user wants an expensive item, they quest for it.
Exchanging is not hard, and if you're willing to sell your soul, you can Vend too.

The principals are the same, the numbers have changed.

The Gaia economy will balance again, these things always have a way of working themselves out.

Devoted Streaker

12,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
De Chimera
Hell!

And it's all the Club Verge's doing...and Flinn's booty,
for pouring way to much gold into the system.

Flooding the market with god awful expensive junk that the average member can Never hope to buy unless they fork up 25 - 50 dollars....

Blah
Now i can't re-buy an item i sold. Cuz it's jumped 4x the price.

this isn't right Gaia needs to fix it.
I know the gold sink will help but it's not gonna be enough....and it's unfair to low gold members give rewards for sinking millions of gold into it.

If Gaia would regulate the market maybe we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Pair of me thinks they did this purposely for some year end gimmick, but doubtful.

Right now I think if I got on as a new member I'd drop the account in a sec

Perfect Pumpkin

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Senpai's Notice 100
the pottah
Club Verge's doing? I keep hearing people trying to bring Club Verge into this somehow. Blame Flynn's Booty for flooding currency into a closed economy and lowering the value of each unit of currency. The 1 mil I busted my a** to finally make this year is now peanuts compared to everything else. On top of that I don't what's what in the mp anymore, as prices are going up and up as opposed to up and down.

Agreed, the only fault that CV has in all of this (I'm saying this as someone who isn't even a member), is introducing Flynn's Chest (Flynn's Booty on crack!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff