Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerd

Gaia needs money the servers are expensive and there is a staff to pay.That being said I do not like how it send to be theed only feature updated frequently our pushed in our faces there should be a balance with the other features of the site

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
C'mon children, repeat after me:

"As long as it benefit them more, they don't care!"

Little Timmy in the back, you need to enunciate more!

Thield's Boyfriend

Shameless Helper

31,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
I don't get the point about "highest donator contest". You do not need to participate in something like that. You are not obliged to pay-for-play on Gaia [at least yet...].
Buying items with real cash is person's own choice and the fact how much they spend on a site is just their thing.
Gaia needs to stay alive. It's no longer just a small business as it used to be when it started. It grew into a corporation - there are like tons of things to do in here, everything needs money to be kept up [servers].
And of course, artists aren't doing their work for free, they need to be paid for that.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Halleloo
Marclyn
idk why gaia still needs money, they have enough of it from their sponsors/advertisers

The servers cost an asston. The ads and sponsors alone wouldn't cut it. It's alright for gaia to make a profit, it's a business. I just don't like the frequency of cash shop s**t.

Gaia has to keep adding in gaia cash items because, well, "stale" items will not sell if everyone already has one or does not want it. This in turn will make their income plummet, and they will eventually have to cut back or close down Gaia completely.

Why do you think gaming companies tend to add in DLC, expansions, addons, and the like? It's to make people continue to play (and pay). If they don't, people will move on since the game has gotten "stale" to them due to a lack of new content or updates.

That's pretty much why Gaia has to keep the gaia cash items rolling out.

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hasuki Aatisuto
Halleloo
Marclyn
idk why gaia still needs money, they have enough of it from their sponsors/advertisers

The servers cost an asston. The ads and sponsors alone wouldn't cut it. It's alright for gaia to make a profit, it's a business. I just don't like the frequency of cash shop s**t.

Gaia has to keep adding in gaia cash items because, well, "stale" items will not sell if everyone already has one or does not want it. This in turn will make their income plummet, and they will eventually have to cut back or close down Gaia completely.

Why do you think gaming companies tend to add in DLC, expansions, addons, and the like? It's to make people continue to play (and pay). If they don't, people will move on since the game has gotten "stale" to them due to a lack of new content or updates.

Yeeeeees. I get that. It goes both ways, though. Rolling stuff out too fast can overwhelm users also.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Halleloo
Hasuki Aatisuto
Halleloo
Marclyn

Yeeeeees. I get that. It goes both ways, though. Rolling stuff out too fast can overwhelm users also.

I understand what you mean, but not every Gaia cash item that has come out will make 100% of the Gaians want to buy it. I'd imagine that only 40-50% (even then that would probably be a bit too high) of them actually do buy it, so they need to make up the difference somehow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff