Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Loiterer

I tried getting answers in the Assistance forum, but Whip said I should post here, so ok. I'm trying to figure out what the heck happened to GOnline, Gaia's Chinese sister site. I left it for a while and decided to come back to it and it's under some new name called mshenghuo and all the forums and shops are gone and I can't make heads or tails of anything there, or the purpose of the side, but someone who I asked for help from in the Assistance forum said it was a microbloggingthingamajiggr orwhatever, so I want to know if there might've been any notice from Gaia or whoever's in charge of the Chinese site, before the change happened? Was the site moved with a new name, or taken over or what? I'm totally confused here. The NPC's and towns flash space from there looked amazing. Way better than our town flash space and NPC's. I'm going to miss them, if the sister site is gone forever. They had cool items that should'v been brought over here, too.

Magical Cat

D:
Oh noes.
I hope its not gone forever.

Kawaii Lunatic

I only know what's posted in the Gaiapedia, and that ain't much at all.
But it seems to be gone. At least for now.

Omnipresent Loiterer

Probably because of all the asshats who had to go over there and stake their claims on popularity and post s**t against the Chinese government to be edgy and whatnot.

We have nice things, but that's not good enough for most people. No, they need to go and piss all over everyone elses' nice things.

Devoted Loiterer

Koohii Monsutaa
D:
Oh noes.
I hope its not gone forever.
it would totally suck if it was
Aw hell, I was just thinking about the sister site earlier today, funnily enough.
I was thinking of breezing through there with google translator for a bit.
How strange, kinda sad for some reason. I wonder if it was a sudden thing, or something they announced way ahead of time?

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
It's so weird,

I remember going there once and there were like chapters of hentai doujins and official manga available for free there.

And now they just dropped the whole gaia part. I guess.

It's so weird. wonder if something happened between Gonline and Gaia .. D:

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Did not even know it existed in the first place
Rabid-Turtle

Same here although, if the site is down I feel sorry for the users that did frequent it.

Receiver

Rabid-Turtle

this ^

clarion's King

Super Model

Rabid-Turtle

You missed out on 4000g DJ headphones and other weirdo items emotion_kirakira

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Rabid-Turtle

I knew of GOnline before this thread, but I only bothered to look at the Gaiapedia page on it a few moments ago. It seems that on Gaia's Chinese sister site, Edmund was a young man (late teens at most) and Ian was an arctic cowboy with long blond hair.

It makes me wonder what an alternate Gaian universe would be like. Sadly it seems like we'll never know now...

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I never really cared about the site because, well, I don't read or speak Chinese. But I too am curious about what happened to it. I always found it kind of odd that it existed in the first place...

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
dakki-dono
Probably because of all the asshats who had to go over there and stake their claims on popularity and post s**t against the Chinese government to be edgy and whatnot.

We have nice things, but that's not good enough for most people. No, they need to go and piss all over everyone elses' nice things.
this

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
koolknight
dakki-dono

this

That's quite a leap... do you have any particular reason to think that's the cause?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff