No 0.18367346938776 18.4% [ 18 ]
LightWarrior gave me 10 gold for this vote. 0.37755102040816 37.8% [ 37 ]
Total Votes:[ 98 ]
1 2 >

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
So we all have one thing or two that we really like and keeps us coming over and over again.

Well I know anime is one thing. We all like Anime and Gaia is anime based. I'm sure we all dreamed or wish we'd become an anime character one day. One day or another.

To me, Gaia is the closest thing that you can get to being an actaul anime character with the indepth avatar systme we have.

Now I know there are other sites out there with avatars and stuff. I know that avatars sometimes try to look animeish as well.

But gaia does an exceptional Job on nail the anime part right on the nose. To me it's not just the indepth avatar system that attracts us, it's not the games that do it.

It is how close we can become to becoming actual anime characters. Each avatar has his or own unquie look. We all have our own avatar avatars and stuff that express our avatars more and of course most of them are in a manga or anime style consept.

So discuss. What do you think about these thoughts?

Share your own ideas.

Friendly Bunny

Good point, though I come to gaia for all my friends
Anyways the avis are vey similar to anime characters, and when RPing it might seem as if they are. Its a good theory, and it is expected seeing as the site is an anime/manga site that it would have similar avis.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that everyone comes here because of anime, and that its one of the main reasons they like Gaia. I'm sure that its a big reason why some people go on Gaia, and are attracted to it, but I know a lot of people who frequently use and enjoy Gaia that despise anime. I think the major attraction to gaia is its huge forum board, along with its avatar system.
Well to me my avatar does not look like my "inner" avatar, for the simple reason that my self image is not one but many people. So it would be a hard image to acheive with this, yet large supply of items but still finite selection of outfits.
yes we are whee
Anime sucks a**. Manga is a trillion times better. gonk heart No, I never wished I could be an anime character. Besides Pikachu in kindergarten.
Diet Peachie
Anime sucks a**. Manga is a trillion times better. gonk heart No, I never wished I could be an anime character. Besides Pikachu in kindergarten.

Do you even know what is being discussed? By anime character I think he means the style in general wich also includes manga. It's not really a debate about "What is better anime or manga?" which would automatically mean that it should be in anime/manga discussion anyway. We are discussing if you feel that the avatar you have on Gaia portrays that of youre "Inner" persona.
Read the top posts, before you rant!
Actually, I don't really think "anime" when I look at my avatar. I just think... avatar. The two just don't mix in my mind, for some reason.

I didn't come to Gaia because it's largely anime--I came for the forums, and to play with pixelated items. 3nodding

I do like the expressive side of the system, though. Avatars (usually) say something about someone.
I think it's more or less the ability to be how ever we want (even if some features aren't there yet).

You can express yourself and show off art and creations.

biggrin That's what attracts me. XD
I'm not very social, so the boards mainly attract me. And when I first came here, when the layout was different and stuff, I came for the anime because I that was the time I was beginning to really enjoy it. 3nodding
At first it was the word anime in the title, then I just stayed to chat. I don't think our half chibi avatars really keep me here. It's just the boards and the fact that I can dress like an anime character.
Nyroc
I wouldn't go as far as to say that everyone comes here because of anime, and that its one of the main reasons they like Gaia. I'm sure that its a big reason why some people go on Gaia, and are attracted to it, but I know a lot of people who frequently use and enjoy Gaia that despise anime. I think the major attraction to gaia is its huge forum board, along with its avatar system.

I agree. I watch a little anime but not enough to say I actually like it.
I came because a friend had given me a link to his profile. I had heard of Gaia before, but heard horrible things about it [now that I've gone through different forums, half of it is true sweatdrop ]. I joined not long afterwards.

I like anime, but didn't come here because of it. I came here out of my own curosity. 3nodding
I've got to agree. A big part of Gaia is the customizable Avatars, and a big part of the Avatars is the Anime Connection.

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
LightWarrior
So we all have one thing or two that we really like and keeps us coming over and over again.

Well I know anime is one thing. We all like Anime and Gaia is anime based. I'm sure we all dreamed or wish we'd become an anime character one day. One day or another.

To me, Gaia is the closest thing that you can get to being an actaul anime character with the indepth avatar systme we have.

Now I know there are other sites out there with avatars and stuff. I know that avatars sometimes try to look animeish as well.

But gaia does an exceptional Job on nail the anime part right on the nose. To me it's not just the indepth avatar system that attracts us, it's not the games that do it.

It is how close we can become to becoming actual anime characters. Each avatar has his or own unquie look. We all have our own avatar avatars and stuff that express our avatars more and of course most of them are in a manga or anime style consept.

So discuss. What do you think about these thoughts?

Share your own ideas.
good point i like anime but what keeps me here is the fact that we can make new friends and roleplay!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff