Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Sex Symbol

I can understand ED- politic,s**t stuff subforum but GD?

Who the heck go to "casual"sub forum?
In the news? WTF?
I'll bet no one goes there.

Not just GD.
I can imagine many more subforums where rarely there's anyone even bother to go.

If the topic is broad, why bother post in subforum when you can post like here?

GAIA online really need to check on the rarely used sub-forum and permanently end them. It's like a freakin white elephant.

Smitten Kitten

King of all Douchebags

In the news? WTF?

I'm assuming you didn't look in the forum before making that bet. It's actually quite active.

Mega Sex Symbol

maggie iratus
King of all Douchebags

In the news? WTF?

I'm assuming you didn't look in the forum before making that bet. It's actually quite active.

Okay,apart from that, the rest?

And
why the **** is that on GD anyway?

Kawaii Carnivore

But...what do you call by rarely used ?
As far as I know , all sub-forums have their good share of regulars who frequent those small sub-forums on a daily basis ...Why should they be destroyed just because they are smaller ?

Sub-forums are like comfy homes to many people and a good way to narrow down subjects , interests ,etc ...

If everything was smacked into one huge forum, not only finding the threads that interest you would be really hard but trolls invasions would be much easier.It would be hellish .

And that ' s why a broad topic should go in GD since it ' s General Discussion.
In The News is just to talk about the latest news , good for people who only want to talk about what they read in the newspapers this morning...etc

But yeah , I really want to know how you categorize a 'rarely used sub-forum' .Many of the sub-forums are dead at this hour but they will be up and kicking in about 3-4 hours... So what does it really consist of ?

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
If I remember correctly Casual Discussion is a subforum made for people who actually want to discuss things and get away from the shitstain that site-not-allowed in general

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

I don't even look at the subforums so they never bother me.

edit: wait actually the "In the Queue" subforum in the Bugs section pisses me off since they never actually track anything and theres no posts. The whole subforum is a lie.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/in-the-queue/f.693/

Buggy Survivor

I wonder this sometimes as well, but obviously they were created because a lot of users were flooding the main forum with those specific topics. They might be slower than the main forums, but they still have a good amount of users who post there regularly.

It isn't a subforum, but does anyone what the heck "Heaven" is and why it was created?

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
      • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
      • Grunnyland Collector 150
      • Grunnyland Expert 250
      Heaven is a special forum only users who've been active a certain amount of time without getting in trouble can access.

...except it's basically just Chatterbox v 2. I always forget it's there.

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
      • Sausage Fest 200
      • Senpai's Notice 100
      • Clambake 200
      kisyen

I wonder this sometimes as well, but obviously they were created because a lot of users were flooding the main forum with those specific topics. They might be slower than the main forums, but they still have a good amount of users who post there regularly.

It isn't a subforum, but does anyone what the heck "Heaven" is and why it was created?

The "Heaven" subforum is intended to be a, well, haven for those on Gaia who have kept their noses clean and their behaviour on the right side of the TOS. You must have been a member for so long and with a good record to access it.

I think it was meant as a refuge for GD participants who wanted GD without all the garbage GD has become infamous for lately. I have yet to actually go check it out myself.

Buggy Survivor

Shishioh Tai
          kisyen

The "Heaven" subforum is intended to be a, well, haven for those on Gaia who have kept their noses clean and their behaviour on the right side of the TOS. You must have been a member for so long and with a good record to access it.

I think it was meant as a refuge for GD participants who wanted GD without all the garbage GD has become infamous for lately. I have yet to actually go check it out myself.

Ahh okay, never would have guessed that.
                    For the longest time I thought it was a subforum for Christians, lmao.

Dangerous Rogue

GCP should be combined with GCD, and they should lax the rules as to what's allowed here, IMO.

Precious Vegetarian

23,175 Points
                  • Object of Affection 150
                  • Tooth Fairy 100
                  • Marathon 300
                  They should never get rid of the gd/cb

Keep all that headache contained to one area please!

Receiver

the GD isn't a subforum

and both the GD and the In the News forums are far more active than the GCD
                  I like how the forums you list are relatively new and added specifically because users themselves were asking for a place to be able to have light discussions (not as in depth as the ED), since the GD itself has become a lost cause of picture/name drops and spam.

Sentai

19,375 Points
                  • Hotblooded Hero 50
                  • Battle: KO 200
                  • Cool Cat 500
                  It isn't like the subforums take up a lot of space or anything so it isn't a big deal.

Quick Reply

Submit
                  Manage Your Items
                  Other Stuff
                  Get GCash
                  Offers
                  Get Items
                  More Items
                  Where Everyone Hangs Out
                  Other Community Areas
                  Virtual Spaces
                  Fun Stuff