Welcome to Gaia! ::

It was 'supposedly' a bug.

A bug they should of reinstated with a notice prior to. Don't like GGs, don't think they should be paying out highly, but if you're gonna kick the worth down at least clue folks in.
idgaf i just keep buying panda hats
sapphyredragon
sonata of sorrow
sapphyredragon
I'm gonna have to take the time to respond to this tomorrow, but I do want to point something out.
You keep equating the GCash to money in a reality situation. Gold Generators are NOT the equivalent to printing money. What I am saying is that deflation will take literally years. Gaia would die before then if we don't come up with another solution.

Unless you are saying that buying ANYTHING AT ALL in the cash shop causes inflation and ruins the economy, I have no idea why you think the gold generators do. The only thing wrong with them is if they are giving to big of a payout. What I am telling you is that the Gold Generators are on-par with RIGs. They do not pop out more valuable stuff than the RIGs do. You just feel like it is worse because it is pure gold. Pure gold is what the economy needs. Unless you're gonna create jobs or something for us?

From your posts it's apparent you have minimal understanding how economies actually work. Yes gold generators are the equivalent of a country printing money. Pure gold is exactly what the economy needs to get rid of. Every time a gold generator is opened it indirectly increases the cost of everything. Every time someone that isn't you opens a gold generator, your gold is suddenly worth less.

Let's say there's a market where the group of users have $100 between them, and they sell wares to each other for $1. Suddenly the government gives $100 dollars to five users, and it gets distributed among the group as they trade wares and suddenly everyone's selling their wares for $6. More gold in a system, just raises the price of everything (ignoring items that have infinite supply and set values [such as gold shop items]).

Sorry, but your example is irrelevant. It literally has nothing to with Gaia. You do not understand economics. You know simply what you were taught in school. In fact, it sounds like you literally took that from a textbook.
Gaia's most common currency is gold. It is not what determines value, however. Therefore, it cannot possibly work the way you think it does.
The pot calling the kettle black. You misinterpret how the relationship of how gaia cash and gold work in relation to each other, and among other things you seem to be completely avoiding the issue of the devaluation of gold. I'd continue with a more detailed analysis, but I can tell it'd be a waste of time already to continue this any further based on the content of your replies in this thread to this point.

Anxious Spirit

11,075 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
sonata of sorrow
sapphyredragon
sonata of sorrow
sapphyredragon
I'm gonna have to take the time to respond to this tomorrow, but I do want to point something out.
You keep equating the GCash to money in a reality situation. Gold Generators are NOT the equivalent to printing money. What I am saying is that deflation will take literally years. Gaia would die before then if we don't come up with another solution.

Unless you are saying that buying ANYTHING AT ALL in the cash shop causes inflation and ruins the economy, I have no idea why you think the gold generators do. The only thing wrong with them is if they are giving to big of a payout. What I am telling you is that the Gold Generators are on-par with RIGs. They do not pop out more valuable stuff than the RIGs do. You just feel like it is worse because it is pure gold. Pure gold is what the economy needs. Unless you're gonna create jobs or something for us?

From your posts it's apparent you have minimal understanding how economies actually work. Yes gold generators are the equivalent of a country printing money. Pure gold is exactly what the economy needs to get rid of. Every time a gold generator is opened it indirectly increases the cost of everything. Every time someone that isn't you opens a gold generator, your gold is suddenly worth less.

Let's say there's a market where the group of users have $100 between them, and they sell wares to each other for $1. Suddenly the government gives $100 dollars to five users, and it gets distributed among the group as they trade wares and suddenly everyone's selling their wares for $6. More gold in a system, just raises the price of everything (ignoring items that have infinite supply and set values [such as gold shop items]).

Sorry, but your example is irrelevant. It literally has nothing to with Gaia. You do not understand economics. You know simply what you were taught in school. In fact, it sounds like you literally took that from a textbook.
Gaia's most common currency is gold. It is not what determines value, however. Therefore, it cannot possibly work the way you think it does.
The pot calling the kettle black. You misinterpret how the relationship of how gaia cash and gold work in relation to each other, and among other things you seem to be completely avoiding the issue of the devaluation of gold. I'd continue with a more detailed analysis, but I can tell it'd be a waste of time already to continue this any further based on the content of your replies in this thread to this point.

I've addressed inflation numerous times in this thread. No, I didn't distinguish between inflation and devaluation because they are interchangeable terms that reference the same issue. They go hand-in-hand. I didn't think anyone needed me to address that individually.

If you cared about the issue you'd make your point so that anyone reading could understand it, not just myself.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
What the flip guys? Less then 6 months ago everyone was bitching and moaning about how gold gens where killing the Gaia economy, and that they where the worst things ever to come out of the cash shop... And not you all are bitching because they listened to everyone? Are you guys not freaking happy unless your complaining about something? I don't get pissed very easily at all, but this kind of crap is raking in my nerves. stare make up your minds what you want!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff