Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh....they closed the store. As someone who doesn't buy gold gens and cannot afford anything in the marketplace, the gold shops are all I have.
Even if I wanted to donate to this kickstarter I cannot afford to.

Thanks. No really, thank you. :l

Spoopy Specter

Murder Is Kawaii
Niccolo Ammaniti
Murder Is Kawaii
Everyone getting angry about them getting rid of the shop "forever" ... did you read the part where it says "items will be moved to other stores"? Did you read that at all? That probably means all the items in HRW, not just the new kickstarter bonuses. They've moved items around in shops before. You're not losing anything at all, unless not having the HRW store front to buy these items from is a devastating loss for you. If it is... maybe you should be less attached to pixels.

I dont think you understand that each shop has a different set of themed items. It is saying that since we met the other goals, if we don't meet the 60tril, those items will go to other shops instead of being put into a closed store.

Let alone the fact that someone's internship was cut short as well as the fact that it is closing down one of the free to play people's options at this game. I hate gold shop items, to be honest, but it's not fair to anyone else. Threatening to close down one of the free stores in this site is stupid, and I am sorry you feel angsty that others agree with me. cry
I do understand that, I also understand that many of those "themes" are very loosely defined, or not defined at all, and these items could fit in other shops.

The HRW intern could easily be moved to another shop as well, they're probably coming to the end of their turn anyway. Are you sure you read my post? It's not cutting down anyone's options, the items would still be here, just in other stores. I never said closing down the store was a good idea, or that the kickstarter was a good idea, just that the anger over it is stupid. Y'all too attached to pixels. lol

You assume that it is going to other stores. Unless they said that, they aren't closing down an empty store.

The fact that they got that ticket and chose to intern there (which they were allowed say in the choice) and you think that they want to switch? Again, you assume the length of their internship, which hadn't been that long. You keep grasping at straws that aren't there.
User Image

Anxious Miko

Chocolate Ex-lax
Anyone else wondering just how long Edmund had been alive to accrue 60 trillion in back taxes on a small shop? D;

Shouldn't someone be in jail for tax evasion?

OG Regular

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I dont feed into the gold sinks s**t....donate to me, we already give you enough real money just to take our fake money

Micherru's Significant Otter

Dulcet Wench

18,965 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
sukyeko
Chocolate Ex-lax
Anyone else wondering just how long Edmund had been alive to accrue 60 trillion in back taxes on a small shop? D;

Do rich people ever go to prison for what the rest of us would?

Runway Raider

25,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Chocolate Ex-lax

If anything, those are probably Louie's own back taxes. He IS a vampire, after all. Of course, Edmund may have accrued an impressive amount himself, and Ivan probably combined the figures for both Edmund and Louie to simplify things.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Chocolate Ex-lax

I blame Louie. mad

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think it's bullshit. I wasn't around for the first SOS event, but that one actually sounded interesting. There were no gold generators, and I assume it actually helped curb inflation some. This one is just another ******** gold sink. Everyone is essentially sinking gold to pay for a gold shop update, which I could see Gaia passing off as our monthly update. Needless to say, I am not participating in this gold sink..or any others for that matter...

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
sukyeko
Chocolate Ex-lax

Who would have the cojones to arrest Edmund though? They probably couldn't decide on who in the police department would attempt cuffing him.

Wild Unicorn

I've just come back from a looong hiatus ... and all I can say is whaaaat.

Seriously!

What on earth has Gaia done to its own economy? Who HAS that much gold to go into a gold sink? Apparently everyone and apparently they now need to take it all back to fix the economy. That's crazy.
I agree with the gold sinks.

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100
All I have to say, for the newer users I feel like you guys are getting the worst end of the stick I've seen in years. I've been here since '07 I think, it puts me back a good loooooong time. Seven years on a site that's gone with the whole 'oh that store got burnt down in the plot so there is your reason for it not being open' why you may ask? Some users may have collected at the time a burnt set of heart boxers. I actually remember the plot for that arc, and it was so well written.

Now, right now? Taxes? First of all, Edmund is never, ever there. He's on the ship with Gino and Ivan knows very well that Edmund has been a loyal shopkeeper for years (and Johnny would make sure Edmund's set for taxes) so there shouldn't be any backstory about Edmund being terrible with taxes. Now, Louie on the other hand could be paying the 60trillion in taxes towards the new items that were brought in. He probably has staff hired in the back and someone decided 'I'll put this here for a minute' and that evolved into this.

ladies and gents, taxes and payments on stuff you recieve for stock.

It was probably a small amount of gold to barter in the items, and then interest piled on.

As well, Louie has some basic knowledge. I'm sure Edmund tutored him well enough and showed him the ropes before leaving the Vampire King with the key to the lavish store. Or, plot wise, someone manipulated paperwork to cause this giant tax payment. THAT IS, if Gaia wants to go that route. Doubt they will, they're barely finishing the airship arc as it is and they've got three more deities to showcase since we did pay into the whole kickstarter back then.

Regardless,

Without plot, this action is considered quite shady and questionable. Closing a /gold/ shop off to new users is down right wrong. I find that store to be the only one to get things from instead of CrosStitch.

TL;DR: Listen to your elders, we've been here longer. This is bullshit and try to endure it best you can.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Kid Jak
I don't care if it was just 1 gold

locking FREE features of this site for the sake of a goldsink to fix the issue of Gold generators is not cool.

add the insult of tiers being our monthly gold shop update this is a slap to the face and a kick to the balls.

Word. I haven't given a cent to kickstarters since the Manga one. It's not like they really deliver on the promises made in the kickstarter either, for instance, the summer beach party event. All we got was a forum and some prizes which proved next to impossible to collect entirely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff